Will Defense Use Reyes Arrest To Create Reasonable Doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Truth

Reaction score
I think this will be a non-issue. This guy was breaking in and trying to steal peoples children-Casey tells a different tale, and unless she personally testifies at trial-a SERIOUS MISTAKE-then her defense cannot introduce any theory that includes anything except what she has stated in her statement. This especially due to the fact that she pleaded Not Guilty and so therefore MUST testify in order to completely change the tale-she is not going to testify unless she is looking to be put out of her misery rather quickly-and to hear the GUILTY verdict returned post haste.

I think this will be a non-issue. This guy was breaking in and trying to steal peoples children-Casey tells a different tale, and unless she personally testifies at trial-a SERIOUS MISTAKE-then her defense cannot introduce any theory that includes anything except what she has stated in her statement. This especially due to the fact that she pleaded Not Guilty and so therefore MUST testify in order to completely change the tale-she is not going to testify unless she is looking to be put out of her misery rather quickly-and to hear the GUILTY verdict returned post haste.

I don't think they would need to put her on the stand to suggest this theory. They don't have to PROVE anything happened or didn't happen, if they can get one juror to have doubt based on their suggestions. It will be up to the State to prove that it was impossible for anyone other than KC to have committed the crime of killing Caylee.

I think the similarities of the duct tape used on a child under age 12 could possibly be enough to give most reasonable people pause. It made me question whether LE has gone back through all the evidence to see if they can find Reyes' fingerprints anywhere.

If this had happened, then why all of the elaborate lies from Casey? Why wouldn't she go to the police? Why wouldn't she just tell what happened?

She wasn't taken by a stranger, she was murdered by her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth