GUILTY CA - Brock, 42, & Davina Husted, 42, pregnant, murdered, Faria Beach, 3 June 2009

God bless him, I know he is going to need a lot of counseling. As hard as it will be on him and his sister to live without their parents, I am thankful that the didn't harm the kids.

It's kind of weird, a "dark-complected" man in a motorcycle helmet comes in the sliding glass door and walks around enough to stab the parents who are in different rooms (kitchen and bedroom) but leaves a witness. And the neighbors say they didn't hear a motorcycle. I mean, anything can happen . . . but I think this story might change over time.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/05/21/state/n064714D84.DTL

ETA: This is a little confusing:
Two children, a 9-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl, were home at the time. The boy, who was watching television, witnessed at least the initial confrontation between his parents and the suspect, Bonfiglio said. Neither child was injured. The girl was asleep in a bedroom.
The children went next door and notified a neighbor who called 911.
Bonfiglio said the suspect, described as wearing a black motorcycle helmet and a dark jumpsuit, entered the house through an unlocked sliding door at the rear of the beige house, which sits in a gated community and backs up to the beach. He confronted the woman in the kitchen. The husband was in the master bedroom at the time.
Bonfiglio said both victims were stabbed multiple times and their bodies were found in the same part of the house. He declined to say which room that was.
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/21/morning-report-double-homicide-at-faria-beach/

the female victim was reported to be 4 to 5 mos pregnant.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/05/ventura-murder.html

Everything about this is odd.

47048207-21092436.jpg

Our local radio news reported that the wife was in the kitchen and the husband heard the confrontation and came out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. They were both violently attacked at that point ,per this radio report.
Both of the children were able to escape and call police and at least one other house on the street was burglarized at around the same time.

IMO, if the killer had seen the little boy, he would be gone as well. This is really sad. Sounds like the child may not have seen all of what happened.

Oh this is awful,

I have a very uneasy feeling about this.

Found this article

Edited: I have an uneasy feeling about all murders, but this feels very odd.

From the above article:
>>Detectives say they're looking into the possibility that this was a random attack. But, they say, the victims could have been targeted.

Brock Husted owned an iron manufacturing business in Goleta or Santa Barbara, according to investigators.<<

I have heard they have pulled in one person but aren't saying much either way as to whether it is anyone of interest or not.

The Husted family was turning in for the night late Wednesday when the killer came. Wearing a motorcycle helmet, he entered through a sliding glass door at the familys' $3,250,000 beach home on Faria Rd. The killer found Davina Husted in the kitchen of the residence. He attacked the 42-year-old pregnant mother of 2 with a knife. Her husband Brock Husted, also 42, came running from a bedroom and he was stabbed as we
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/05/mystery_in_a_multi-million_dol.php

Oh this is awful,

I have a very uneasy feeling about this.

Found this article

Edited: I have an uneasy feeling about all murders, but this feels very odd.

From the above article:
>>Detectives say they're looking into the possibility that this was a random attack. But, they say, the victims could have been targeted.

Brock Husted owned an iron manufacturing business in Goleta or Santa Barbara, according to investigators.<<

Me too. Something is not right here....IMHO

Just saw a local news report on TV that said it was an extremely violent attack and each victim was stabbed at least 10 times.

Just awful...

I live not too far from them. An acquaintance of mine knows the mom and just saw her a few days ago at the kid's school. :(

I also think this was not random. Why would a burglar come in when he could see the interior lights on. People don't just stab 2 people for no reason.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if either of them were having an affair.

I live not too far from them. An acquaintance of mine knows the mom and just saw her a few days ago at the kid's school. :(

I also think this was not random. Why would a burglar come in when he could see the interior lights on. People don't just stab 2 people for no reason.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if either of them were having an affair.

I've wondered if either or both of them had previous marriages - and there's a vengeful ex in the background.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back