Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Amber Alert for missing 5-year-old

Monroe police have issued an Amber Alert for a missing 5-year-old girl.
Neviaeh Amyah Buchanan was last seen around 8:15 p.m. Sunday at 1166 N. Macomb Street in the city of Monroe, 33 miles Southwest of Dearborn, MI.

Police found the girl's bicycle abandoned in the parking lot of an apartment.

Buchanan is 3'8", 45 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
She was last seen wearing a red, white and blue shirt and knee-length jeans.

Police believe she was abducted and is in extreme danger. They have no information regarding suspects at this time.

Police ask that you call 911 or the Monroe County Sheriff at (734) 243-7070 if you have any information on the whereabouts of Neviaeh Amyah Buchanan

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/se_mich/Amber_Alert_for_Missing_Monroe_Girl

Amber Alert issued for missing Monroe girl
5-year-old disappeared Sunday evening

Deputies in Monroe County are desperately searching for Neviaeh Buchanan, 5, who vanished Sunday evening from an apartment complex within the Monroe city limits.

Sometime around 6:30 p.m. Sunday evening, Neviaeh was riding a scooter near her home in the Charlotte Arms Apartments in the 1100 block of Macomb Street.

A friend went to tell Neviaeh’s mother, Jennifer Buchanan, that her daughter was riding in the street, Buchanan said.

When she went outside, Neviaeh was missing. The scooter she had been riding was found in the parking lot of the apartment complex.

Monroe Police and Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene. As of 4 o’clock, the apartment complex is still blocked off by police vehicles.

The Monroe County Special Response Team, as well as several canine units have been called to the scene to assist in the search.

More: http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/Monroe_girl_missing

AAMIBuchanan.jpg

I was born and raised in Monroe, all of our family still lives there. I'm thinking of going to help search, but my sister states the whole area is packed with people.

Hi Tunker,
We are in the military... but my hubby is from the Toledo area and we were actually stationed near there for three years. I really hope that this case has a happy ending.

The fox toldeo reporter is tweeting just now about how there are dogs and firefighters all over the place there http://twitter.com/BarrettFTN and also that they are checking trunks of vehicles going in and out of the apartment complex

Updated my facebook page with amber alert, and sent out emails to my grad class from Monroe, and friends and family. I hope they find her soon, I followed the Tori Stafford case and it just crushes me. I have three boys, 11, 7, 5.

This is going on about 60 miles south of me. Prayers for her safe return.

I'm a bit confused by the Kmart location for the search. Is that right by the apartment complex? If not why search there when the family only shopped there?

Hi Q! I thought the same thing..... perhaps if they started the search "behind" it they were looking in dumpsters? Also, maybe they figured that is where someone could have noticed her? Just thoughts of course...

In one of the commens under an article, a poster states that they aren't asking more volunteers to come out right now, b/c they are bringing out the dogs, and don't want people canvassing while the dogs are working....

I hope Neviaeh is found safe... is the friend the last known person to have seen her?

I am SO glad there was an Amber Alert, even though there was no description of perp. nor car.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni