NY NY - Sandra Sollie, 38, Macedon, 24 May 1994

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: May 24, 1994 from Macedon, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 19, 1955
Height and Weight: 5'5, 130 - 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sollie's nickname is Sandy and she may use her maiden name, Cervone. Her ears are pierced. She has a birthmark on her abdomen and a scar on her upper lip.
Medical Conditions: Sollie was seven months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Sollie was last seen at approximately 2:30 p.m. on May 24, 1994 at the Ames Plaza on Route 31 in Macedon, New York. She has never been heard from again. She was not reported missing until June 5, almost two weeks later. When authorities went to her residence, they found the door locked and Sollie's car parked in the driveway. Her purse and her dog's collar, leash and tags were later located in a dumpster behind car wash in Penfield, New York. Her wallet was found in Rochester, New York. Sollie's black poodle, Jessie, disappeared with her; photographs of Jessie are posted below this case summary.
Sollie was living alone in part of a house off Route 150, north of Macedon, at the time of her disappearance. She had told friends she planned to meet her ex-husband on the day she vanished. Sollie claimed her unborn child was his and they were having an affair, although he had remarried. Authorities interviewed Sollie's ex-husband about her case and he has refused to take a lie detector test; he denies any involvement in her disappearance, however.
Four people were charged with using Sollie's credit cards in Rochester after she went missing, but they are not believed to have been involved in her disappearance. Investigators believe Sollie left her home willingly with someone she knew, but her loved ones believe foul play was involved in her case, as it is uncharacteristic of her to not contact them. Sollie's case remains unsolved.
sollie_poodle.jpg
sollie_poodle2.jpg

Above Images: Sollie's poodle, Jessie

bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New York State Police
585-398-4126

OR
Ingraham Investigation Agency
585-427-2470

bar.jpg
Source Information
The Doe Network
The National Center for Missing Adults
New York State Police
WROC TV
R News
The Times of Wayne County

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sollie_sandra.html

When Sandra Sollie walked out of her Macedon apartment 14 years ago today, she left behind a mystery.

Clothes filled her closet and prenatal appointments dotted her calendar. Her poodle Jessie's dish was full and her car was in the driveway.

But neither she nor Jessie ever came home and there's been no trace of them since June 1994. Sollie was 38, seven months pregnant and living alone in a duplex on Route 350 when she disappeared. Family members say she was excited for the future.

"She was really happy about the baby," said her sister Donna Neth of Batavia. Sollie had already named the child Brandon Michael.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/NEWS01/805230395

I remember when this happened, I grew up near Macedon. A little girl from Rochester went missing about the same time; Kayli Ann Poulton, and supposedly Sollie knew Kayleighs father. Kayli was later found diseased, and a neighbor had taken her. Just an odd coincidence, but still very sad.

http://www.dynrec.com/kali1.html

Link to basic information.

Interview with Richard Ingraham man helping to solve the case.

The name of the little girl who was abducted is not Kelly Poulton, it's Kayleigh Poulton. Just for clarification.

This would really be cool to solve. If anyone knows anything, help.

I remember both of these heartbreaking stories and keeping a close eye out for them. I lived not too far away from both of them. I had always wondered what happened to Sandra. I even called in a 911 report to a location where i believed was her dog. But never heard anything about it.

One day I went for a walk to the grocery store ..It was a beautiful day for a walk. And on my way back home .. I had to cross a bridge like I would any other day.. sometimes I would stand on the bridge and just look out over it. I was where the river let out into Lake Ontario and a boat storage and sales was right there. Sometimes I would see deer, big fish, and duck families .. I get amazed at nature. lol

Anyway on this particular day I stopped and was looking out at the water and happened to look down and saw something floating in the water and it looked like a dog. So me being me when it came to injured animals walked back and down around under the bridge. There was a small dock where they put the boats in and out of and right up against the dock floating was a dog and it looked to be a poodle it had no collar and had been in the water for sometime due to the condition.

My first thought was Sandra's dog... I ran home.. took me maybe 5 mins to get home. I called 911.. they said they would send someone. I waited and after an hour went by no one came so I went back to the bridge and looked and the dog was gone. Now I know it didn't float away the water was clam that day and it was stuck against the dock. So I assumed the police came and took it. I gave my name number and address to the 911 operator .. I figured someone would have came and said something to me.. but to this day I never heard a thing. I still wonder was that her dog or no?

And if not who tosses a poodle in the river?

I'm reading the article now Steely, it's 23 pages long so it might take me a while.

I read the article. One of the problems I immediately see is that they don't have a DNA or Blood type for Sandra.

Christine of Lighting the Way home here at WS may be able to assist in the matter of finding additional resources that may help these to be found. IIRC from reading about her work she has done this before.

Would you be so kind as to contact her Steely with this thread and the contact info for the PI so she can determine if she can assist?

After reading the article, (I made notes as I read) I have the gut feeling her ex-husband, who was reportedly seen with her the day she disappeared, and is the father of her unborn son ~ Michael Brandon, is the main suspect and POI. His name for the article is Ralph Sollie (for any sleuths that wish to ferret out his info).

Ralph married Sandra's hairdresser prior to her disappearance.

Also her black poodle Jessie was stated to be snappish at those he was unfamiliar with and the PI thinks that Sandra must have taken what she thought was going to be a quick ride with someone because she took the dog and the dog was unfriendly with those it did not know. He feels that the dog would have had to be comfortable with the person driving the car for a trip to be possible.

Her apartment was left locked, and her car was in the driveway. The crime scene (her apartment) was contaminated by the Ex-Husband (and her family).

Her purse a month after she disappeared near a car wash in Penfield (was the car cleaned out there, or was it a ruse to throw off LE?). Her wallet was found in Rochester and her credit cards were used by four ppl that the LE has ruled out as having involvement in her disappearance.

Her ex. He would be my focus for finding Sandra.

I read the article. One of the problems I immediately see is that they don't have a DNA or Blood type for Sandra.

Christine of Lighting the Way home here at WS may be able to assist in the matter of finding additional resources that may help these to be found. IIRC from reading about her work she has done this before.

Would you be so kind as to contact her Steely with this thread and the contact info for the PI so she can determine if she can assist?

After reading the article, (I made notes as I read) I have the gut feeling her ex-husband, who was reportedly seen with her the day she disappeared, and is the father of her unborn son ~ Michael Brandon, is the main suspect and POI. His name for the article is Ralph Sollie (for any sleuths that wish to ferret out his info).

Ralph married Sandra's hairdresser prior to her disappearance.

Also her black poodle Jessie was stated to be snappish at those he was unfamiliar with and the PI thinks that Sandra must have taken what she thought was going to be a quick ride with someone because she took the dog and the dog was unfriendly with those it did not know. He feels that the dog would have had to be comfortable with the person driving the car for a trip to be possible.

Her apartment was left locked, and her car was in the driveway. The crime scene (her apartment) was contaminated by the Ex-Husband (and her family).

Her purse a month after she disappeared near a car wash in Penfield (was the car cleaned out there, or was it a ruse to throw off LE?). Her wallet was found in Rochester and her credit cards were used by four ppl that the LE has ruled out as having involvement in her disappearance.

Her ex. He would be my focus for finding Sandra.

I've emailed the PI and he stated they have done everything I suggested. I asked if there was a hairbrush or something in evidence to go by. He did say that if they could find the body they'd have the DNA. That's all.

He said they kept bringing her up every year because they wanted to try and guilt someone into helping the case.

I can't imagine going through life with a burden like that. It would eat me alive. Also, he killed once he may kill again. Especially since he's gotten away with one murder, so far.

Such a shame Steely that this man has not been brought before a Grand Jury. Just from what I've read they have enough circumstantial evidence to ask for charges~ a long time ago.

I've emailed the PI and he stated they have done everything I suggested. I asked if there was a hairbrush or something in evidence to go by. He did say that if they could find the body they'd have the DNA. That's all.

He said they kept bringing her up every year because they wanted to try and guilt someone into helping the case.

I can't imagine going through life with a burden like that. It would eat me alive. Also, he killed once he may kill again. Especially since he's gotten away with one murder, so far.

Does that mean they do not have anything to by if they find a body? That they need to get the body first? Or they do and they need the body to match it with?:waitasec:

I still wonder if the poodle that I saw was hers and now that I am older and wiser I wish that when I made the call I had just walked back the were I saw it at and waited for the police to arrive. :bang:

Does that mean they do not have anything to by if they find a body? That they need to get the body first? Or they do and they need the body to match it with?:waitasec:

I still wonder if the poodle that I saw was hers and now that I am older and wiser I wish that when I made the call I had just walked back the were I saw it at and waited for the police to arrive. :bang:

I was curious about the body comment too but didn't press it because I got the feeling he felt my interest was laughable.

The PI is from Rochester right?? If so ya that sounds like something you would get.

He's been very nice and in fact I've talked to him beyond this case a little. In a way I can't blame him. I'm sure there are a lot of nutty theories he has to deal with. My suggestions were about things that I have seen overlooked in a lot of the stuff I've watched. I'm sure he feels everything has been done already and probably it has been, but I just thought I'd check and make suggestions.

16 years ago, a pregnant woman vanished, but her family and friends aren't giving up hope of cracking the case.

Sandra Sollie was last seen in a shopping plaza in Macedon in 1994, seven months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Every year on May 23, private investigator Richard Ingraham has handed out flyers at Four Corners in Macedon, hoping to solve the case. He has worked to try to find answers for Sollie's family for the past 14 years, for free. Ingraham hopes his efforts will eventually give the family closure

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...-Sandra-Continues/aJvmwh_1HUeRw9WmujhHLg.cspx

Also:

Every year on May 23, since 1994 for the past 16 years, I have been writing a letter to the editor. It seems so meaningful to me because besides praying every day, this is the only thing I can do to comfort this empty feeling.

Sandy Cervone Sollie has been missing for 16 years. She was 38 years old and 61/2 months pregnant. Her mom became concerned when no one had heard from her for a while. It wasn't like Sandy -- especially then. She was going to have a baby shower at her mom's. Everything was planned and bought. So why didn't Sandy call anyone?

Where does one go with just the clothes on their back? She had her purse with no keys in it. Her car was still in her driveway. And where did Sandy's dog go?

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/articles/2010/05/22/opinion/letters/6761757.txt

Also:

As May 23 approaches once more, it is incredible that after 16 years, there is still no word of what happened to Sandra Cervone Sollie, the woman who grew up in Oakfield and disappeared from her home in Macedon, Wayne County, on May 23, 1994. Nothing to indicate Sandy and her then-unborn child lived to see the next day and if they did, where they had gone. Nothing to indicate their lives were taken, by accident or by malicious intent. Just nothing. Nothing but questions with no answers. A hard way for a family to live.

Sandy's mother, Nancy Cervone, passed away Jan. 3, 2008, never knowing the fate of her daughter. The rest of Sandy's family, and her best friend, Tina Fredo, continue on, the everyday pain of wondering eating away at hopes of finding Sandy and her child alive somewhere. Now, the hopes are more that the questions of 16 years will finally have answers and there might be a semblance of closure for those who loved Sandy.

Cold cases -- and this must be seen as a "cold" case -- do get solved. Macedon and New York State Police maintain files yet, ready to add the tiniest clue that might help them solve this mystery. Sandy was 38 years old, 61/2 months pregnant with a baby boy she had already decided to name Michael Brandon, and was last seen at a plaza in Macedon. When family and friends were unable to reach her by telephone for several days, they contacted police. Police found Sandy's car at her home, but Sandy, her dog and her purse were all missing. Several days later, her purse and the dog's collar were found in a Dumpster in Penfield. There was no sign of Sandy.

The family hired a private investigator, Richard Ingram. Sandy's story was added to Internet sites such as The Doe Network, the National Center for Missing Adults and the Center for Hope. No clues have come to help find Sandra Sollie.

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/articles/2010/05/22/opinion/editorials/6765322.txt

It’s hard to realize so many years have gone by and before you know it, it’s too late to say, “If only I would have taken the time to do things differently.” But with our busy lives today, we take for granted that tomorrow will always come.

We know the flowers will bloom in the spring. The summer will pass us by with the hot hazy days. The beautiful color of the leaves will always fall off the trees in the fall. And the snowflakes will fall on our face in the winter. But yet we never know, and we take for granted that tomorrow will always come.

But for my friend — she never had the chance to take for granted tomorrow.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/blogs...cle_bc942ca6-a4cc-11e1-a995-0019bb2963f4.html

I know this might seem "out there" but has anyone ever tried to match her to the pregnant woman found in northern AZ? Her date of death estimate is close and she was nine months pregnant. What struck me is the remains indicated the doe was wearing a solar shield because of eye surgery and SS had been on leave for a head injury from her job (info on Project Jason). Here's the doe link:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/157ufaz.html

157UFAZ2.jpg

sollie_sandra5.jpg

Yes, I have spent a bit of time and on Arizona case and Sandra Sollie was the "closest" match. She was the only pregnant missing woman who "fit", but the facts of her case suggest that she did not leave the area.

The Arizona case interested me because the Jane Doe was a very pregnant 30ish woman who's clothing suggested Middle Class; hardly the sort who would not be missed if she were to go missing. The place she was found was very difficult to reach. She would have to have gone there on he own volition and would have required that she be very fit and a confident outdoors person. No body in the late stages of pregnancy had any business being there.

The circumstances suggest that she was led there by someone else (presumably the father of her unborn child) and then abandoned where she couldn't get back.

The clothing she was wearing indicate cool (not cold) weather; probably the fall of '94. Sandra went missing in may and the baby was due in July or August. These are warm weather months.

Is there anything that would connect Sandra Sollie to this case?

Not that I know of, I just thought the timing and resemblence was close. I did notice, as I mentioned, the similar head-related things of Sandra's head injury and the eye issues of the AZ doe. One really can't imagine not reporting a very pregnant woman missing!

article Nov. 28, 2015

COLD CASES: Candle's still lit for Macedon woman

EP-151129684.jpg&MaxW=315

MACEDON — Next month would be Sandra Ann Cervone-Sollie's 60th birthday.

If born when expected, the baby boy Cervone-Sollie was seven months pregnant with when she vanished would have turned 21 this summer.

"All I can do now is pray for closure," said Donna Neth, Cervone-Sollie's older sister.

http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20151128/NEWS/151129684

Project Jason http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/291-missing-woman-sandra-sollie-ny-05231994/
Missing Pieces Show - Episode 11 aired November 14, 2006 - hosted by Todd Matthews and guest Richard Ingraham (Sandra's PI):
Text Version - http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/missingpiecesepisode11archive.html

Adding her Topix site - started by Richard Ingraham (who is now in his 70's)

Richard Ingraham-PI - Rochester, NY
#1 Nov 25, 2007

I am a NYS Licensed Private Investigator since 1979.
I have been working for Sandra Sollie's family, pro-bono since 1996.
Sandra went missing in 1994. She was 7-1/2 months pregnant and looking forward to having her baby. She lived right in Macedon down by the canal on Rt. 250. She used to be married to Ralph Sollie Jr.

A few momths ago I received a phone call from a man that said he had information that he might know who killed Sandra. He talked fast and then hung up. I did not get all of the information and there was no number to trace. Unfortunately I did not get all of the information before he hung up. I am now asking that this kind person PLEASE CALL ME BACK FROM A SECURE PHONE AND REPEAT THE INFORMATION HE HAD so I can check it out. I believe he may be from the Macedon-Palmyra area. PLEASE CALL!!!

Also, if anyone would like to donate information or ideas, please feel free to do so.
Thank you and God Bless you all. I will not give up until I find out where Sandra has been put or who killed her.

My contact information is:
Richard C. Ingraham
NYS Licensed, Bonded, Insured Private Investigator
PO Box 23884, Rochester, NY 14692
Email: peye@rochester.rr.com

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/macedon-ny/TP49A3LG42A5PA71S

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics