AL AL - Prichard, BlkMale 710UMAL, 18-26, wooded area, gold teeth, May'03

distracted 1976

Reaction score
Okay guys! I am looking for some help. I am a total newby and would like to get opinions on this one.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/710umal.html

710UMAL.jpg
710UMAL1.jpg

The victim was discovered on May 17, 2003 in Mobile, Alabama
Estimated date of death: May 2002
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-26 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11" - 6'0"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair.
Dentals: Available. Gold teeth in the upper front. Unfilled cary noted on tooth #31; fractures along occlusal surfaces noted on teeth #7 & #8; breakage on the lingual-distal surfaces of tooth #1.
DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD

Case History
The victim was located in lightly wooded area off of I-65, near Prichard, north of Mobile, AL.

possible match to
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/970/1?current_page=photos
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 27, 2002 from Mesquite, Texas
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: April 4, 1975
Height and Weight: 5'11, 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. McGriff has a tattoo of the symbol of the constellation Aries on his chest, with the word "Aries" written underneath. His last name, "McGriff," is tattooed on his back. He has the initials "RBX," signifying the Rho Beta Khi fraternity group, tattooed on his arm. McGriff's nickname is T-Roy.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black shirt and red Nike pants or shorts.

Details of Disappearance

McGriff was last seen getting out of a vehicle in the East Mall area of Mesquite, Texas on May 27, 2002. The car was occupied by his cousin and two others. He told them he would be gone for only a few hours, but he never returned. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in McGriff's case.
Grand Prairie, Texas police are investigating McGriff's disappearance.

Missing date matches
height matches
age is very close
and they look similar to me. Tattoos aren't going to help since skeletal remains, but dental is making me question since no mention of gold teeth on McGriff. There is about 9 to 10 hours driving time between the two, but you never know how long someone is willing to travel to get rid of a body. Thoughts, suggestions, directions, anything! HELP! :crazy:

I think the pics look alike, I just can't believe that they have no description on McGriff's dentals. I also found his case on Charley Project.(It lists nothing about his dentals either)http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcgriff_latroy.html
I would say turn it in. I usually contact Rocky Wells at the Doe Network first when wondering about and UID compared to a missing person, he usually knows if they were compared or not. Good luck!!

i don't think it hurts to check with the LE, but seems like the age and height are off enough that its probably not a match. and i agree, something as notable as gold teeth probably would have made its way to latroy's records...

i don't think it hurts to check with the LE, but seems like the age and height are off enough that its probably not a match.

The age at time of disappearance is one year outside the upper limit and the height is exactly right... I agree with you on the dentals though.

Were the gold teeth on Doe Network perhaps an error? The current version of the page says nothing about the UID having gold teeth and his Namus dentals don't mention any such thing either
All his teeth are marked as natural except one that was missing postmortem. There was caries and fractures noted.

https://identifyus.org/cases/853

In that case, the lack of gold teeth mentions in Latroy McGriff's profile wouldn't be a problem at all.

Here's a side by side. Latroy Griffin in the middle.
710UMAL.jpg
710UMAL1.jpg

710UMAL_zps89c2a2ed.jpg
d00c9d0f-284b-466a-b250-fa7ecf054f3d_zps11939893.jpg
img_19267_zpsf5610e73.jpeg

Tamborah Brown went missing from Mobile on February 15, 2002. He's 5'11", 22 years old, and has a wide jawline. And he has chipped front teeth; our UID has fractures on #7 and #8.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5734/0/

Dang, I've almost talked myself into submitting this. It seems like a no-brainer that they would have compared these two already, but the only rule-outs listed for this UID are Yul Kennedy and Michael Way.

Found in a lightly wooded area in north Mobile county in a little town called Prichard. Prichard is considered to be a fairly unsafe area. The city is very poor, high crime, and few jobs.

Case Report - NamUs UP # 853
Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 03MB-04478 ; LSU 03-45
Date found May 17, 2003 00:00
Date created February 12, 2008 10:28
Date last modified March 13, 2017 12:51
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed January 22, 2011 12:15
Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
Agency LSU FACES Laboratory
Phone 225-578-3906
Agency Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences
Phone (251)471-7026
Case Manager
Name Ginesse Listi
Phone 228-578-3906
Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 30
Minimum age 19 years
Maximum age 26 years
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 69, Estimated
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death 1950 to 2003
Estimated postmortem interval
Circumstances
Location Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1 Found off of I-65, North of Mobile,
Address 2
City
State Alabama
Zip code
County Mobile
Circumstances
Found in lightly wooded area off of I-65, near Prichard, north of Mobile, AL.
Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA

How about Reginald Kirtdoll from Dallas?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6266/

He disappeared under very suspicious circumstances, car was found burned two days later.

One thing I'm not seeing on any Namus or Doe pages is any clothing or anything found with the body. Unless it had been there a long time, and the clothes disintegrated or blew away, this seems like someone deliberately left the body there naked (convenient that I65 is close by).

How about Reginald Kirtdoll from Dallas?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6266/

He disappeared under very suspicious circumstances, car was found burned two days later.

One thing I'm not seeing on any Namus or Doe pages is any clothing or anything found with the body. Unless it had been there a long time, and the clothes disintegrated or blew away, this seems like someone deliberately left the body there naked (convenient that I65 is close by).

From the reconstruction I don’t think their builds match. What’s sad is that there are a lot of small poor towns north of this area that really don’t follow up on missing person cases at all and don’t use namus etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay guys! I am looking for some help. I am a total newby and would like to get opinions on this one.
CASE NUMBER - 710UMAL

710UMAL.jpg
710UMAL1.jpg

The victim was discovered on May 17, 2003 in Mobile, Alabama
Estimated date of death: May 2002
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-26 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11" - 6'0"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair.
Dentals: Available. Gold teeth in the upper front. Unfilled cary noted on tooth #31; fractures along occlusal surfaces noted on teeth #7 & #8; breakage on the lingual-distal surfaces of tooth #1.
DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD

Case History
The victim was located in lightly wooded area off of I-65, near Prichard, north of Mobile, AL.

possible match to
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 27, 2002 from Mesquite, Texas
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: April 4, 1975
Height and Weight: 5'11, 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. McGriff has a tattoo of the symbol of the constellation Aries on his chest, with the word "Aries" written underneath. His last name, "McGriff," is tattooed on his back. He has the initials "RBX," signifying the Rho Beta Khi fraternity group, tattooed on his arm. McGriff's nickname is T-Roy.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black shirt and red Nike pants or shorts.

Details of Disappearance

McGriff was last seen getting out of a vehicle in the East Mall area of Mesquite, Texas on May 27, 2002. The car was occupied by his cousin and two others. He told them he would be gone for only a few hours, but he never returned. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in McGriff's case.
Grand Prairie, Texas police are investigating McGriff's disappearance.

Missing date matches
height matches
age is very close
and they look similar to me. Tattoos aren't going to help since skeletal remains, but dental is making me question since no mention of gold teeth on McGriff. There is about 9 to 10 hours driving time between the two, but you never know how long someone is willing to travel to get rid of a body. Thoughts, suggestions, directions, anything! HELP! :crazy:
Did you submit this in the end? I was trying to find more info on this Missing Person. The ones with no picture or details really bug me.

I think the recons are fantastic. Header should be edited. No Native American, he seems to be African American (mistakes are made, but let's go with the African American angle)....uncertain about the gold tooth....it's not anymore in the Doe file..is it? (I will keep this in the back of my mind....it doesn't seem to have fallen from the sky)

1950-2003 estimated year of death....ahum.....I think it would have been possible to narrow that down. Was he buried or cremated? Does somebody know the Alabama policy on that?

Just the other day they found bones/a skeleton in the Netherlands, and within a couple of hours they announced that the bones were at least 100 years old and not of a missing person, so no police work. Archaeological experts now investigating. Ok, it's 2020 now...but still.

Jones Maurice Martin
  • martin_jones.jpg
  • martin_jones2.jpg
  • martin_jones3.jpg
  • martin_jones4.jpg
Martin, circa 1987

Maurice (Jones but family called him Maurice) did not have any gold teeth. Per his mother he had never been to see a dentist. I am the person who put him in NAMUS and I have a direct relationship with his Mother and Brother.

But the amount of time between when he went missing to when this doe was found makes it possible he obtained gold teeth during that time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back