Ramsey house for sale again

DeeDee249

Reaction score
The strangest part is that they don't even show the front of the house.. I guess it's too " notorious" also.
The living room ceiling certainly seems low for a house of that era. I wonder if stupid Patsy had the ceilings lowered?
The modern addition ( JonBenet and Burke's " wing") looks like it was designed by her- on a day when she was full of pain pills.
These photos show the angular lines of the original structure contrasted against her glass rounded pod thing.
Just awful-- even if no child had been brutally killed by a parent in there.

The house is certainly a mix of styles. The ugly modern back addition doesn't go with the classic Tudor style at all. BUT I don't know if the Ramseys built the addition or if they bought it like that. I seem to recall reading that the addition was already built when they bought it.
I think the photos focus on the back because the front of the house is so notorious and also because it just looks so much bigger from the back. Let's face it- they were "more is more" kinda people.

Actually if you click on the "More Information" link in the listing, there are more photos including some bedrooms. I know one of them is JB's, but it looks so totally different now. They also did extensive basement remodeling- there are some photos of it. All in all, the house looks beautiful and very different from the way it looked in 1996.

it does look beautiful.which one was JB's room? you got me there.

The Ramsey house is back on the market again. Remember a few years ago the owners petitioned successfully to have the address of the house changed to 749 because the previous address of 755 was "too notorious". There are 7 photos here showing how the house was remodeled. None of the bedrooms or basement. Try the link:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Colorado/Boulder/sold/20342006-749-15th-St-Boulder-Co-80302

Okay, I am confused. It was up again for sell just a couple of months ago, because someone on FFJ posted the link, complete with pictures. SOOOO...is this YET another listing?? Just how many times does this make..that this house has been for sell??? :rolleyes:

it has some pretty good house-flippers working on it,doesn't it?I guess it's quite a potential money-maker.maybe even moreso than a foreclosure,since it's so large.

it does look beautiful.which one was JB's room? you got me there.

I believe JB's room has a beige carpet and white fan. There are several white closet doors in one photo, and you can see the balcony windows in another. It is virtually unrecognizable from the fussy pink and green McKenzie-Child's version that it was when JB lived there.

Is that the basement area redone with the rock covered archways? If so, it is the most changed area of the house. Still. Would you be able to "chill" there nearby where Jonnie B. layed?

Is that the basement area redone with the rock covered archways? If so, it is the most changed area of the house. Still. Would you be able to "chill" there nearby where Jonnie B. layed?

No, i wouldn't :(

Here is a link to a virtual tour of Jon Benet's house. I live in the Denver Metro area. http://realvideotour.com/VT0749/
There is a picture of a wine cellar with a very ornate design on one wall. My friend and I think it may be the area where she was found - and they blocked it off.
Hope this link works ! Let me know.

Tanjla

Here is a link to a virtual tour of Jon Benet's house. I live in the Denver Metro area. http://realvideotour.com/VT0749/
There is a picture of a wine cellar with a very ornate design on one wall. My friend and I think it may be the area where she was found - and they blocked it off.

Tanjla

If you look at the basement photo showing the stairs coming down to the basement, there is a large wall panel immediately facing you as you walk down the stairs. THAT is where the door leading to the wineceller and the room just before it. In the crime scene photos, the first room you would walk into would be the room where JR's golf bag rests on a wall just in front of the wineceller door. The wineceller door is closed in the photo. It looks like BOTH of these rooms were blocked off, and that decorative wall panel with the scroll is there in place of the door.

Here is a link showing an arm opening the door that led to the rooms. It is this door that was replaced by the wall panel.

http://www.acandyrose.com/basement-doors.jpg

And here is a link showing the same area as it looked the morning of the 26th. The wineceller door is closed, and at the time this photo was taken, JB's body was still laying undiscovered behind that door. Officer French had failed to open it.

http://www.acandyrose.com/072basement.jpg

Tanjla

WOW! Thanks! That was just plain eerie. It is a very beautiful home, but I wouldn't live in it, even if somebody paid ME. I wonder why the last owners are selling it. That makes HOW MANY times that house has been sold, in the last 12 years??

If you look at the basement photo showing the stairs coming down to the basement, there is a large wall panel immediately facing you as you walk down the stairs. THAT is where the door leading to the wineceller and the room just before it. In the crime scene photos, the first room you would walk into would be the room where JR's golf bag rests on a wall just in front of the wineceller door. The wineceller door is closed in the photo. It looks like BOTH of these rooms were blocked off, and that decorative wall panel with the scroll is there in place of the door.

Here is a link showing an arm opening the door that led to the rooms. It is this door that was replaced by the wall panel.

http://www.acandyrose.com/basement-doors.jpg

And here is a link showing the same area as it looked the morning of the 26th. The wineceller door is closed, and at the time this photo was taken, JB's body was still laying undiscovered behind that door. Officer French had failed to open it.

http://www.acandyrose.com/072basement.jpg

And I read that he is STILL having a hard time forgiving himself for that. If HE had of found her, John wouldn't have been able to contaminate the crime scene by taking the tape from her mouth, untying her hands, and picking up the body. :rolleyes: It makes me sad, to know that she was behind that door when that picture was taken.

If I were offered a million to stay in there for one week, I wouldn't do it.

If I were offered a million to stay in there for one week, I wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't even stay there for one NIGHT...for a million dollars, or for ANY amount. I just wouldn't do it! No way, no how....not going to happen. I don't even believe that I could even walk around in the yard...knowing that a once happy little girl, by the name of JonBenet...played there. It makes me ill, when I think about it.

Tanjla

Yes, I believe the room where JBR was found was bricked off. The pictures have the name Milner on it...Joyce Milner is Rev. Schuller's daugher (of Crystal Cathedral fame)...it appears she and her husband are still the owners of the home. She didn't have a problem with the murder occurring there. Asking price is substantially more then what they paid for the house. IMO, the house will always be tainted.

The house was a popup--typical of what is occurring in Boulder and Denver, with the stucco expansion done prior to the Ramsey's purchasing it. It had an elevator in it that the Ramseys removed, and the Ramseys remodelled the interior. I think the stucco is ugly---but seems to be the way a lot of the popups are done to save money.

I think the house is very tastefully decorated a far cry from the opulence that was Pasty's style. I am still trying to figure out what you would call her decorating style:waitasec:. I think that now it is a beautiful home that is not a word I would have used back in the Rasey's day chaos is more like it. I think that some houses just have an imprint of their history's on them and unfortunately this house has some bad JUJU goin on. However when you look at the Ariel photo it reminds me of that Stephen King TV movie Rose Red where the house just keeps building onto itself. :crazy:

Question though maybe my bearings are off because of it being a virtual tour, I see the steps going down into the butlers pantry from the kitchen but on the other end those stairs go where up as in the start of the spiral staircase???? Down as to another level Got a little lost......hmmmm does give me a good sense of whether a stranger could manage that house in the dark with a flashlight and not make a sound, more food for thought!!!!! Very Maze like. Thanxs for the virtual gives me so much more insight then just pictures of rooms. :blowkiss:

I think the house is very tastefully decorated a far cry from the opulence that was Pasty's style. I am still trying to figure out what you would call her decorating style:waitasec:. I think that now it is a beautiful home that is not a word I would have used back in the Rasey's day chaos is more like it. I think that some houses just have an imprint of their history's on them and unfortunately this house has some bad JUJU goin on. However when you look at the Ariel photo it reminds me of that Stephen King TV movie Rose Red where the house just keeps building onto itself. :crazy:

Question though maybe my bearings are off because of it being a virtual tour, I see the steps going down into the butlers pantry from the kitchen but on the other end those stairs go where up as in the start of the spiral staircase???? Down as to another level Got a little lost......hmmmm does give me a good sense of whether a stranger could manage that house in the dark with a flashlight and not make a sound, more food for thought!!!!! Very Maze like. Thanxs for the virtual gives me so much more insight then just pictures of rooms. :blowkiss:

One of the previous owners removed that spiral staircase, so yeah..it looks so different now, it is easy to get lost. HUGE house...though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back