Drew's lawyers want new judge

http://community2.myfoxorlando.com/_No-Drew-I-Wont-Accept-Collect-Calls-From-Will-County-Detention-Center/BLOG/294734/72667.html

Just last week, State’s Attorney James Glasgow accused Judge Schoenstedt of unspecified bias and succeeded, over Brodsky’s objection, in having him removed from the case. Brodsky is not only looking to get Judge Schoenstedt back on the trial, but wants the judge assigned in his place, Carla Allesio Policandriotes, out of the picture. In his petition, Brodsky said he “fears that (Peterson) will not receive a fair and impartial trial from” Policandriotes.

LOL, you mean defense has come to a decision that they want another judge? I thought they were using a daisy to decide that. We don't want this judge, this judge is ok, we don't want this judge.... I thought there would be more petals.

Ok, so the decision is that they don't want this judge, they are special. They want to pick their own judge. They want to name their own judge, something that no other accused suspect is allowed to do. My question is, will they come out next week and bring out the daisy again and say ok, we don't want that particular judge???

Little Joey keeps talking about how DrewP can't get a fair trial due to pre-trial publicity. But I do think it is funny. I have heard from family (his and hers), and I have heard from friends (his and hers), I have heard from JB and from DrewP. But I haven't heard from the prosecution. As far as what I have heard from, the noise from DrewP and JB have talked as much or more than from anyone else. But now they want a virgin jury that hasn't heard about the case, I do hope the judge takes that into consideration when they consider the motion to move the case. DrewP and JB have talked longer and louder than anyone else in the pretrial publicity.

Glascow is wanting a gag order. That is bad for us, as it will severely reduce the info we hear about the case. And while I do understand it, I hope it doesn't happen. A couple of things I would like to point out though. The prosecution seems to be more concerned about DrewP's ability to get a jury that hasn't heard about the case than the defense is. The prosecution is accusing the defense of releasing undisclosed info about the case, including witnesses names. The prosecution is now accusing the defense of preferential treatment of DrewP. Is DrewP's defense going to be "ineffective counsel?" At some point, will someone please make a complaint to the bar about this alleged defense counsel?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1599056,CST-NWS-drew30.article

A week after a Will County judge refused to lower Drew Peterson's $20 million bail, defense attorneys asked Friday that Judge Carla Alessio Policandriotes be removed from the case because of bias.

They also asked that Judge Daniel Rozak not be assigned to the ex-cop's high-profile murder proceedings.

So it looks like the removal of Policandriotes is a done deal?

From the above article....

These substitutions mean both prosecutors and defense attorneys have used up their allotted challenges, so the next judge assigned likely will end up presiding over the case. Will County Chief Judge Gerald Kinney will assign a new judge, likely at Peterson's June 17 court hearing.

Dang and I was so hoping the female judge would be the one who heard the case!

ROFL! Also in the article JB wrote in his motion that all the vetran trial judges are prejudiced against his client! Way to PO the court JB!

So it looks like the removal of Policandriotes is a done deal?

From the above article....

Dang and I was so hoping the female judge would be the one who heard the case!

ROFL! Also in the article JB wrote in his motion that all the vetran trial judges are prejudiced against his client! Way to PO the court JB!

Well, he sorta told the truth. Any decent law abiding judge would be disgusted by his client (LOL!), but I am sure they would do the right thing during the trial anyway.

Don't give up hope yet. The next judge up in the roster could be female. :)

Looks like it is decision by daisy again:

Drew Peterson's lawyer wanted a Cook County judge to pick who would preside over his client's murder case.

Chicago attorney Joel Brodsky, who has repeatedly mentioned the possibility of trying to get Peterson's case moved out of Will County, might still prefer dealing with a judge from his own hometown. But by Friday afternoon he had backed off the idea.

Brodsky filed a petition Friday morning asking for a Cook County judge to choose who will sit on the bench for Peterson's murder case.

Less than five hours later, he put in a new petition asking that the matter be left up to Will County Judge Richard Schoenstedt.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/1599172,4_1_JO30_PETERSON_S1-090530.article

It's a good article giving more info about the current daisy decisions and more info about JB not responding to questions about why he is trying to do this.

I have been out of the state for the last week and catching up on the news. I'm headed back to Naperville, IL about one mile from Bbrook and where DP lives so I'll be hearing all of the hoopla that it was nice to get away from.

All this rigamarole that Brodsky is doing with the judge selection reminds of the saying "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it." And what you wish for may be worse than what you have!

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=10456282

There's another new judge in Drew Peterson's murder case.

Chief Judge Gerald Kinney granted a defense request Monday to replace Judge Carla Alessio-Policandriotes (pahl-ee-KAN'-dree-oh-tihs). The case is now before Judge Stephen White.

http://www.prnewschannel.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1433&z=4

We're pleased that we can finally get moving on the merits of the case," says lead defense attorney Joel A. Brodsky.

The next hearing in the case is set for Wednesday at 1:30pm CST where attorneys will discuss the merits of sealing discovery and limiting Peterson's face-to-face contact with his legal team.

Sorry for the avalanche of links but each article seems to have a little different tid bit of info. lol!

Sorry for the avalanche of links but each article seems to have a little different tid bit of info. lol!

LOL, it's a complicated issue. I have never seen a case before where both sides kicked off a judge. Then when the defense started objecting to Will County being the one to appoint the judge and also talking about requesting a change of venue then I started getting confused. The links help to clear it up for me.

LOL, it's a complicated issue. I have never seen a case before where both sides kicked off a judge. Then when the defense started objecting to Will County being the one to appoint the judge and also talking about requesting a change of venue then I started getting confused. The links help to clear it up for me.

Considering the efforts of both Drew P and his lawyer, this whole trial is probably going to be confusing. LOL!

I hate to say it but it's probably good that this particular judge won't be on....that way the defense can't come back and claim bias, blah blah. Still though, would have been nice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back