Is your name Grand-Bob?

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2009/05/is_your_name_grandbob_are_you.html

Saturday May 30, 2009, 1:09 PM

...Jennifer Lenik said she was walking down North Main Street last week when she found the child's drawing on a card for his grandpop's 72nd birthday.

She found the card near the public parking lot off of the street...

...The card was drawn by a child named Bobby. It features an illustration of the child and his grandfather, as stick figures, holding hands.

At the top of the card, the child wrote "Happy 72 Birthday Grand-Bob."

"It was cute. If I was a kid, I would want my grandfather to have it," said Lenik.

She is willing to do anything in order to get the card back to the child. She said the card can be mailed, the family can come pick it up, or she can bring it to the family...

...If you know who could have possibly drawn this birthday card, please contact Lenik at (856) 769-5757.

large_Grand20Bob.jpg

Doesn't that just make you feel good? I hope Jennifer finds Bobby so he can give his Grand-Bob his Bday card :)

How sweet!! I hope Grand-Bob gets his card.

I just thought that card was the sweetest thing :) I can imagine Bobby working on that picture very hard to make it just right for Grand-Bob. Picking out the perfect colors and drawing hearts in hearts for the sun. <sigh>

I hope Grand-Bob gets his card!

My grandsons call me Grandmary. The oldest came up with that himself.

Aww it could be Steadfast! I wonder how old Mr. Grandbob of your link is? I couldn't locate his age.

ETA: That aww was an ahhhh not a disappointment awww :)

I too hope that Grand Bob gets his card. It's nice to read a story like this, thanks Kat! :blowkiss:

I wonder if this card could be for this guy? He's a popular singer of children's songs.
http://www.grandbob.com/products.html

How neat you found this STEADFAST! I looked at your link. He seems to be the right age. I think he'd probably enjoy it if someone sent him Kat's link. This could be like a flat stanley LOL. Eventually Bobby will find out his handmade birthday wish was seen by and brought smiles to many.
Thanks for the thread Kat! :)

Yep, it does look like Grand Bob the singer is the right age.

The card looks like it's signed by Jenny or maybe Johnny. So, who's Bobby?:)

Well, we can cross off that GrandBob off our list lol

Oh no I was sure it was going to be him nomad. Darn.

Who knew there were so many people called "GrandBob"?! LOL I never heard of it before now. :eek: It is cute tho.

I hope GrandBob receives his card, too. The additional perk is he would be a local celeb! ;)

I wonder why in the article it said the card was written by a child named Bobby when it is signed by another name?

I wonder if the lady who found it has checked the local schools?

I wonder why in the article it said the card was written by a child named Bobby when it is signed by another name?

I wonder if the lady who found it has checked the local schools?

Can you make out the name in the bottom of the drawing? It looks like "Jenny"- I'm not sure though? I didn't realize about the name. :blowkiss:

I'm making out Bobby, it's cut off at the bottom and the "J" you see might be the GIANT comma after from. Still smiling....lol

I'm making out Bobby, it's cut off at the bottom and the "J" you see might be the GIANT comma after from. Still smiling....lol

I guess I'd better think about wearing glasses or getting a 56 inch computer screen? LOL!:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back