GUILTY TX - Emily McDonald for putting feces in child's feeding tube, Austin, 2009

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
Mom Accused Of Feeding Feces To Child
Emily McDonald Charged With Injury To A Child

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19645914/detail.html

POSTED: Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emily McDonald
AUSTIN, Texas -- An Austin woman was charged with injury to a child after she was accused of putting feces into her 3-year-old daughter's feeding tube at a hospital.

Okay now this one sounds like that syndrome I've read about on here...Munchausen.

It might not be but at first blush that's what came to my mind.

And that's just nasty BTW.

Holy cow! These headlines are really starting to make me SICK! What kind of a world are we living in?

we should celebrate! This crazy mom was caught before the child was dead! What a whacko!

Sure sounds like Munchausen's by proxy. You can be assured that this will be the defense...

So glad the hospital set up the camera. That poor little girl! She probably never had anything at all wrong with her before her mother began doing things, and now she had a feeding tube! I hope she never has to lay eyes on her again.

VB

Thank god she was caught, that little girl would have died after becoming septic, her little organs could have only compensated so much..........god I'm so disgusted with these cases, I just want to punch these women in the face.

WTH is this world coming to that a Mother (I use that term in a loose manner as this woman is an animal) would do such a thing to her child?? :furious:

Okay now this one sounds like that syndrome I've read about on here...Munchausen.

It might not be but at first blush that's what came to my mind.

And that's just nasty BTW.

That's what it sounds like to me too.

Mysterygirl, I feel the same way you do. :furious:

This isnt the first time Ive read a news story detailing a Mother introducing feces into a feeding tube........that other case was Munchhausen by proxy & this one is too I'll bet(& likely why the child was hospitalized in the first place!).
Thats probably why a camera was placed,so staff could confirm suspicions (I bet this poor baby has a med.record bigger than a phone book).
The mother is clearly mentally ill!

:furious: I really wish people would stop calling these feral females Mom, Mommy, or Mother. I always say "Cats and Dogs give birth to puppies and kittens all the time... Some times feral female cats eat their young!!!" The fact that these things ( I can't call them humans) give birth doesn't make them anything more than an egg donor and host!!! Sorry I just needed to vent!!! My apologies.

:furious: I really wish people would stop calling these feral females Mom, Mommy, or Mother. I always say "Cats and Dogs give birth to puppies and kittens all the time... Some times feral female cats eat their young!!!" The fact that these things ( I can't call them humans) give birth doesn't make them anything more than an egg donor and host!!! Sorry I just needed to vent!!! My apologies.

In typical abuse cases Id agree with you but in this case,like in the Andrea Yates case,I believe this woman isnt depraved or evil (like a "typical"abuser)but I believe she is SERIOUSLY mentally ill & needs SERIOUS help (& while she gets that help she is not to have custody of her daughter).
Thankfully she was caught & her daughter IS alive & should recover & this woman can get the long overdue treatment & intervention she needs & the family can heal.......

And she just looks evil doesn't she! To top it off, she did this little stunt 5X during the hospital stay. Thank God for suspicious doctors.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 50
I shoudl also add this.
All 3 of her kids were micro preemies. When she had the last one, the one in question, there was a lot of livejournal drama because a comment was made about having preemies got her lots of attention.

We had raffles and fund raisers to help her with cash and the money was being spent in questionable ways.
I will see if I can find some of these posts but they're about 3 years old so it may take some time.

Here is a link to a Q&A written by Emily McDonald in August 2007 about having preemies.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/archive/mcdonald_preemie.html

From the pictures in the blog link from above, this child is adorable and so precious. I wonder how many of her medical problems were caused by her mother? If her oldest daughter is in kindergarten, she should be 5-6 years old, which means her mother had her when she was 16-17 years old. I am anxious to hear a response from the husband.

Kaelee

And sometimes those feral cats will fight to the death to protect their kittens. There was the a cat in New York that made six trips into a burning building to get her kittens out, suffered severe burns, lost her eyelids. These women are not mothers and don't deserve to be compared to an alley cat. Though they should be trapped and spayed like one.

And sometimes those feral cats will fight to the death to protect their kittens. There was the a cat in New York that made six trips into a burning building to get her kittens out, suffered severe burns, lost her eyelids. These women are not mothers and don't deserve to be compared to an alley cat. Though they should be trapped and spayed like one.

All the feral mother cats that I have come into contact with were/are excellent mothers.

imo

In typical abuse cases Id agree with you but in this case,like in the Andrea Yates case,I believe this woman isnt depraved or evil (like a "typical"abuser)but I believe she is SERIOUSLY mentally ill & needs SERIOUS help (& while she gets that help she is not to have custody of her daughter).
Thankfully she was caught & her daughter IS alive & should recover & this woman can get the long overdue treatment & intervention she needs & the family can heal.......

She plotted, planned, researched medical protocols and systematically covered her tracks. Andrea Yates was seriously mentally ill and out of control and intervention should have happened. This case may have a label to attach to it but I don't see it as anymore or less abusive than the women who starve their kids or systematically abuse them while dodging social services. In fact this woman wasn't even angry and out of control, she does it to get attention. Andrea thought she was saving her children didn't she? She did not see some benefit it in for her that they could pay the price for. That motive is right up there with the usual suspects, money, jealousy, adultery, etc..... MOO

PS- I hope she gets excellent treatment and it is wildly successful because she will be out and have access to her kids, have new ones, or find some guy and have stepkids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back