OK - Murrah Building bombing, Oklahoma City, 19 April 1995

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
McALESTER, Okla. -- A man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly pulled down his pants on the steps of the Pittsburg County Courthouse during a break in Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols' state murder trial.

Yusef Samad, 26, was arrested for indecent exposure after he dropped his pants in front of dozens of bombing survivors, victims family members and others who walked out of the courthouse for the lunch break about 12:30 p.m., Chief Sheriff's Deputy Richard Sexton said.

"He said: 'I want to make a statement. Oklahoma needs to be known for more than killing 161 people,"' Sexton said. Samad held several compact discs in one hand, he said.

Samad, who is reportedly from California, was subdued by law enforcement officers who are providing security at Nichols' trial and taken into custody.

Nichols was convicted on May 26 on 161 counts of first-degree murder for the April 19, 1995, bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building. Nichols faces possible sentences of life in prison or death.

Law enforcement officers arrested two people on the opening day of jury selection on March 1.

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/3398312/detail.html

DENVER – Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols is asking for a court-appointed lawyer to help him with a lawsuit complaining about the food he gets in prison.
Nichols claims in his suit that the federal Supermax prison in Colorado is causing him to "sin against God" because he doesn't get enough whole grains and fresh food.
Nichols asked for the legal aid in a document addressed to a federal judge in Denver on Monday.
Amy Padden of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Denver did not immediately respond to a call seeking comment Tuesday about the suit Nichols filed in March.
Nichols is serving life for conspiracy and involuntary manslaughter in the 1995 federal building bombing that killed 168 people. Timothy McVeigh was convicted of murder and executed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090623/ap_on_re_us/us_nichols_diet

why don't they let me send him a care package, i'll give him some food he won't complain about...he won't be able to!

No kidding, what is he thinking?
Just bored and wants to play in the court system?
Sociopathic to the degree that he can't see the audacity of this request?
The idea that he could tie up court time and spend more tax money just floors me.

To bad he wasn't concerned about sinning against God years ago!

VB

DENVER – Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols is asking for a court-appointed lawyer to help him with a lawsuit complaining about the food he gets in prison.
Nichols claims in his suit that the federal Supermax prison in Colorado is causing him to "sin against God" because he doesn't get enough whole grains and fresh food.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090623/ap_on_re_us/us_nichols_diet

Hmm, doesn't seem to bother him that he sinned against God in blowing up 100's of people. I say let him eat **** for a while and the food he currently gets might be more appealing.

my dh is a Officer and when he was in the County ( before being transfered) He had to sit and protect this monster for over 6 months. Day after day after day. Makes me sick.:behindbar

He should be made every day to look at the photo of Chris Fields carrying poor little Baylee Almon out of the wreckage. Who cares about prison food? Baylee should be enjoying her life as a teen now, and he's complaining about not getting enough fiber in his diet. What an idiot.

I lost a friend at the Oklahoma Bombing site. She wasnt even in the building. She was a nurse (Rebecca Anderson) who heard about the bombing and rushed to the site to help. Part of the debris fell on her head, she developed a blood clot and died 4 days later leaving 4 children all alone. Let me be the Sous Chef for Mr Nichols..He'll be begging for prison food within the week!! :furious:

After what this peice of crap did he is lucky he can even get a chance to eat because he sure didnt mind taking that right away from a lot of people. What a waste of human skin.

I weep for him as do all the starving children in our country and the victims that never got to eat another meal.

He can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. He deserves bread and water, but no.....someone would complain over HIS RIGHTS!!!

Goz

Can't we send him to Gitmo just until they close?! Please! Pretty Please?! Or how about we transfer him to a Turkish prison for a bit? If Denver isn't cutting it for him...how about Siberia?!

On a serious note: I don't think he deserves anything more than bread and water personally. He needs to rot in a slow, painful way until he is dead from whatever abuses they can find legally to torture him with, imo. TM got off too easy with the DP.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Dion Thomas' life began spiraling out of control after her mother was killed in the Oklahoma City bombing, when the straight-A student started skipping classes and saw her grades slip to D's, F's and incompletes.

She stayed in her bedroom for days, unable to come out. No one let her see her mother's body to say goodbye, thinking it was better for her daughter to remember how she was alive.

"I pretty much almost dropped out of high school," said Thomas, who was a sophomore when her mother, Social Security Administration employee Charlotte Thomas, died in the April 19, 1995, attack.

Much more at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/ap_on_re_us/us_oklahoma_city_bombing_the_children

And now it's fifteen years since the Murrah horror. In 1995, I was a teacher at a small Oklahoma college when the call came in and faculty gathered around a small black & white TV, the only thing then available in our building. Disbelief. Too shocking for tears - just...disbelief, a kind of cosmic disconnect from reality of what had just happened in-state, just 200 miles away. Who did this? Surely an act of terror - and even then, to me, it seemed very, very possible that this particular terror was home-grown. And so it turned out to be.

A couple weeks later I was in OKC, across the street from the Murrah Building. Still so shocking that even a normally talkative teacher could be silenced. The horror. The who, what, where, and when were well-established; the "how" was in the process of being decided. As for the "why" - who can understand the machinations of a mad mind? Why. And is it a wonder that, when I see right-wing anti-government protests these days, I think of Tim McVeigh, and I remember the Murrah?

15 years later, what haunts me are Rebecca's screams
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/blogs/weblog.aspx?column_id=29

Oklahoma City marks 15 years since bombing
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-mar...article/3455146?custom_click=headlines_widget

15 years later, victims, residents remember Oklahoma City bombing
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/19/okc.bombing.anniversary/?hpt=C2
(don't miss the video interviews with four child survivors)

Prayers for the survivors and the victims. A very sad day and still, very horrific 15 years later. Weeping during the silence here.

Blessings.

Gozgals

When I heard on the radio the firefighters who were on scene at the time talk about how little Bailey was transferred from one firefighter to the other, and how that's when the famous photo was snapped, but at that point they just knew...well, I lost it and cried in the car on my way to work.

They talked about a memorial with chairs. Has anyone seen it first hand?

When I heard on the radio the firefighters who were on scene at the time talk about how little Bailey was transferred from one firefighter to the other, and how that's when the famous photo was snapped, but at that point they just knew...well, I lost it and cried in the car on my way to work.

Yes, I have. As one can tell from photographs, it is almost haunting - and, too, there's a feeling, almost beyond words, that, in this public memorial, a lasting healing has begun. It's not unlike seeing the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Wall, or the Eternal Flame and the graves at Arlington Cemetery. While the silence there can almost seem deafening, we also personally feel that we must continue to stand for those who have been lost, to remember and celebrate their lives, and to re-dedicate ourselves to peaceful missions - and to do so actively.

The Murrah memorial reminds me of Emily Dickinson's line, "After great pain, a formal feeling comes": it's not unlike being inside a cathedral, but one under God's canopy, beneath Oklahoma's ever-changing sky.

I was in OKC this past summer, visiting my sis. She took me to the site. It's beautiful yet sad. I didn't see the chairs lit up, I was there during the day, but I did take some pictures and bought a few post cards.

My sis was working at a hospital that morning. She heard the blast but didn't know what it was for a short time. They worked many hours OT that day and longer......

People have left momentos on the fence along the sidewalk. Children's toys, hats, shirts, etc..............

Very moving and sobering.

fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10