Dad surprises 10-year-old daughter on his return from Iraq

Thank you for posting this..after so much sad news it is such a blessing to watch something as wonderful as this video.
The tears flowed and the heart swelled to see so much love :)
:blowkiss:

This was a touching moment and it made me very happy to see this, especially after crying all night over Neveah, but the sinister comments about this clip on the site are down right hateful. Why can't a beautiful moment be just a beautiful moment?

I'll never get tired of seeing reunions of the children with their parents who have been away serving the country.. they unfortunately pay a great price when their parents are called to duty far away.

Wow not much could top that reaction.. sniff sniff.. gotta go get another tissue

Ahh.......that was so sweet.

LOL, his secret is out. He lets his daughter put make-up on him! ;)

fran

I want to share a different perspective with everyone and I hope that I don't offend. This comes from someone who has children and now has weathered more than just the last two deployments to Iraq.

Although, I think it's very sweet and appeals to the public when deployed parents surprise their children when they return for a visit. I see also that it causes the child a bit of emotional distress.

Go back and rewatch this very young's child's reaction and others that have been in the media to see what I mean.

I always enjoyed counting down the days with my children until Daddy came home with a visit. I don't know how to say this...why "shock" your child with their parents surprise visit? Why not let them enjoy and savor the anticipation of having them return home?

Gosh I wish I could articulate exactly what it is that bothers me a just a little bit (not really a lot) about these parents that choose to surprise their kids with this in a public place and have it recorded. Military kids are very resilient like all children are, but they do face different challanges from other children that are unique to them because of their parents service.

Gosh you know what? Just disregard. It is sweet, nevermind me. But please allow me to make a suggestion to those that support our troops that may not have thought of this, please support the troops children. Or, if you dont' see a troop to shake hands with and dont' know one of their children...hug or shake the hand of a Parent whose child is serving. We so often forget to say thank you to them too. :) Sorry to ramble.

I want to share a different perspective with everyone and I hope that I don't offend. This comes from someone who has children and now has weathered more than just the last two deployments to Iraq.

Although, I think it's very sweet and appeals to the public when deployed parents surprise their children when they return for a visit. I see also that it causes the child a bit of emotional distress.
Go back and rewatch this very young's child's reaction and others that have been in the media to see what I mean.

I always enjoyed counting down the days with my children until Daddy came home with a visit. I don't know how to say this...why "shock" your child with their parents surprise visit? Why not let them enjoy and savor the anticipation of having them return home?

Gosh I wish I could articulate exactly what it is that bothers me a just a little bit (not really a lot) about these parents that choose to surprise their kids with this in a public place and have it recorded. Military kids are very
resilient like all children are, but they do face different challanges from other children that are unique to them because of their parents service.

Gosh you know what? Just disregard. It is sweet, nevermind me. But please allow me to make a suggestion to those that support our troops that may not have thought of this, please support the troops children. Or, if you dont' see a troop to shake hands with and dont' know one of their children...hug or shake the hand of a Parent whose child is serving. We so often forget to say thank you to them too. :) Sorry to ramble.

Good points; I had never thought of these things. I hope these children have classrooms and teachers who support them in what they are going through. It is probably similar at times, to parents getting a divorce - they have only one parent to rely on, and they wonder when or if they will be with the other parent again. I'm sure the fear of death of a parent is traumatic.

I was just struck by the raw emotion and joy of this girl; I hope the media does not take advantage of these situations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back