Couple arrested for asking for directions

Ms.Heather

Reaction score
Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

BALTIMORE -- Baltimore City police arrested a Virginia couple over the weekend after they asked an officer for directions.

WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .

"In jail for eight hours -- sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet," Kelly said.

"It was a nightmare," Brook said. "I was in there thinking I was just dreaming and waiting to wake up."

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/9229472/detail.html

I could not believe this story. This woman cop who did this needs a good smack upside the head. Why so b*itchy? I can't stand people like her.

I am completely befuddled. How could they be arrested for trespassing on a public street when lost?

Couple Arrested For Asking For Directions

BALTIMORE -- Baltimore City police arrested a Virginia couple over the weekend after they asked an officer for directions.

WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team reporter David Collins said Joshua Kelly and Llara Brook, of Chantilly, Va., got lost leaving an Orioles game on Saturday. Collins reported a city officer arrested them for trespassing on a public street while they were asking for directions .

"In jail for eight hours -- sleeping on a concrete floor next to a toilet," Kelly said.

"It was a nightmare," Brook said. "I was in there thinking I was just dreaming and waiting to wake up."

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/9229472/detail.html

I could not believe this story. This woman cop who did this needs a good smack upside the head. Why so b*itchy? I can't stand people like her.

This is why people have such jaded opinions about LE. So many are bullies.

I will never have to worry about this happening to me. My husband would rather drive for days, in a raging thunderstorm, than ask for one little direction. LOL!

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! The female officer should be severely reprimanded!

How are you tresspassing if you're on a public street?
Just wondering.

Diana

Diana- I think thats the most unreal part of the story. I mean really... Why were these people arrested?

and LOL @ Paintr---My H is a trucker, so we are never really lost... but if we did ever get lost, there would be no way in hell he would stop and ask. Its a guy thing I guess.

I just read another article on it, the couple (who are very young 20, 22) are filing a complaint. The car was towed, they had to pay 200 bucks to get it out the next day... and things were missing from inside the car! I hope they do something about this, and the cop gets reprimanded. The charges from both the trespassing and running a stop sign have all been dropped.

This story is unbelievable. What on earth was the matter with that cop?
And if you can't turn to LE for help when you are lost, who the heck CAN you ask?

I am completely dissatisfied with the response from LE. It is all well and good to "look into" this. But they need to get that crazy cop off the streets before she shoots someone for looking at her.

Did anyone notice the date of this article is May 2006?

Quotes from the officer's report on the incident:

"The driver, Mr. Kelley, became argumentative and began attempting to tear the citation out of the book ... and I had to take it out of his hands."

"Ms. Brook then became hostile stating ... 'I don't want to talk to you.' I then advised them to leave or they would be arrested for trespassing."

"I then instructed Ms. Brook to take the vehicle and leave the area. Ms. Brook stated no."
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/9233802/detail.html

I think the officer was embroidering a bit to justify the arrest.

This happened to me in New Orleans in 1999. I stopped on the street and called to 3 cops on the corner asking if this was the way to the interstate. They told me I was nowhere near the interstate, to pull over, then they wanted to search my car. I didn't understand -probable cause, anyone?- and was reluctant to let them without a warrant. They pulled me from my car, beat me until I wet my pants (I thought that they would kill me) and said I was drunk. They planted a joint in my car and charged me with simple possession and DWI. I hadn't had anything to drink in about 7 hours, and after eating a huge meal. I had to be taken to the Charity hospital for my injuries and they insisted on a blood draw for alcohol and drugs. They stuck me 7 times without getting a vein and I withdrew consent when they said they could only go in my groin with the officer hovering over me.

When they released me, the two cops beat me again in the back seat of the car when I tried to use my cell phone to call for help. My boss was an attorney and could hear it in the background. I spent 18 hours in Central Lock-up and was ultimately convicted of DWI with no evidence but their lies (said they stopped me for swerving when I stopped and called to them, no breathalyzer, no blood, no field sobriety), also simple possession, but the charge of battery on police was dropped by the judge after he saw photos of my injuries. It was the most horrible night of my life. I consider myself lucky not to have been killed.

Two of them were fired years later for falsifying crime statistics. The other I assume is still beating up on motorists and planting evidence. It happens, and it's very ugly. It makes people take a dim view of LE in general. For myself, I will drive through the worst project in the city before I will EVER initiate a conversation with a cop again. That's the legacy I live with, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back