Discrepancies, Inconsistencies, Changing Stories

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Working on the timeline, I noticed that Jennifer keeps changing the time that the little girl told her Nevaeh was riding her scooter in the road. She is slowly pushing it forward over time.

In an early interview with The Toledo Blade, she said Nevaeh left to play with a girl between 5:30 and 5:45, and between 6:00 and 6:30 the girl came to tell her Nevaeh was riding in the street.

In a later interview on radio, she said the girl came to tell at "exactly 6:30."

Then in the Detroit Free Press interview, she says Nevaeh left at 6:30, and the "tattletale" girl came 20 minutes later, which would be 6:50.

Now, on Nancy Grace, she says Nevaeh left at 6:30 and the little girl came 30 minutes later, which would be 7:00.

Nevaeh's grandmother told The Detroit News early on that the little girl came by at 6:15.

(This also means that she's moved the time Nevaeh supposedly left from 5:30/:45 to 6:30.)

She's been consistent about saying she looked for Nevaeh for "over 45 minutes."

Thank you for starting this thread!

The scooter: I've read that it is Neveah's. I've read that it belongs to one of her friends. Which is it?

"Neveah is riding her scooter"

Was the girl saying: Neveah is riding MY scooter or was she saying Neveah is riding Neveah's scooter?

Both GK and Savannah were supposedly together all day, but their stories of how the time was spent are completely different. (See timeline.)

She was just so unbelievable on NG. I cannot believe that she doesn't know something or at least EXPECT something that she isn't telling. If it was my child there is no way I could have been talking as rational and as calm as she was, like she was emotionally detached.

Up until tonight JB said that Nevaeh walked out the door, it shut, she never saw her daughter again.

Then 6-8 on NG she says that she saw Nevaeh enter Aaron's apartment. DOn't have a link for NG transcript yet, but one of the articles with the story she was telling is below.
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=110123&catid=14
Heres a link for the NG show last night...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/08/ng.01.html

Here are the parts I found covering the last moments before Nevaeh goes missing...

BUCHANAN: She come (sic) in the house. She changed her clothes. After she changed her clothes, she said she was going back to her friend`s house.

GRACE: And?

BUCHANAN: Grabbed a popsicle on the way out the door, and she, you know -- I didn`t see her -- the last time I seen her was at 6:30.

GRACE: At what time?

BUCHANAN: 6:30.

GRACE: 6:30 p.m.?

BUCHANAN: Yes.

There is more on the transcript concerning Jennifers story...last time she saw Nevaeh

More from the transcripts...

GRACE: Huh. When did you learn Nevaeh was missing?

BUCHANAN: About a half an hour after she went outside. I had a really good friend of mine and her daughter stay the night with us. And my good friend`s daughter came in and she said, Nevaeh`s outside riding her scooter in the road.

That`s when I immediately got up and I looked for my shoes. It took a couple of minutes, a few minutes to look for my shoes. And then after that, I went outside and I noticed that she was missing and called her name.

Looked through apartment buildings. Went to quite a few of her friends` houses, thinking that she could have been, you know, in one of their homes. I looked for her at least 45 minutes.

GRACE: You stated that it was about 30 minutes later when the little girl came and said, Nevaeh`s outside on her scooter in the road? 30 minutes had passed?

BUCHANAN: Yes. Yes, because she told me she was going back upstairs to her friend`s house. And that`s assuming where she went.

Re:bolded portion, from this statement it sounds like she did not actually see Nevaeh go into the apt upstairs, "that's assuming where she went"...I don't know, that's my take on it.

Re:bolded portion below...This is the last part of the transcript where the story seems to change a little, but from reading it again it still looks to me like she didn't check to see that Nevaeh went to the apt upstairs, when she left the second time.

GRACE: In the Detroit area on that day, the sun set 8:55 p.m. exactly. So your child is out. It`s been 30 minutes since you last saw her. Did you think maybe I should check on my preschooler? See if she`s dead or alive? I mean did that cross your mind?

BUCHANAN: No, because I knew that she was upstairs at her friend`s house until the little girl came up to me and said that Nevaeh was out riding her scooter in the road. That`s the point I`m.

GRACE: How did you know she was upstairs? Did you check on her? Did you go up there ever?

BUCHANAN: No, she`s -- I watched her walk in through the door.

GRACE: Really? Because earlier you said she went out the door.

(CROSSTALK)

BUCHANAN: We were just -- we just got home. She changed her clothes, everything else. I went upstairs at one point. I watched her walk in through the door. I came back downstairs. I went -- went inside.

GRACE: Because in your first version.

BUCHANAN: I knew that she was supposed to be up there.

GRACE: In your first version, you never got off the sofa. She took a popsicle, went out the door. You never said anything in your first version about watching her walk upstairs.

BUCHANAN: Right. I was still -- I was first sitting down. I got back up. I watched her walk up there. She came back downstairs. She changed her clothes. She walked back out the door with a popsicle. And then that`s whenever I was like -- she said, mom, I`m going back upstairs to Austin`s house.

GRACE: Now you stated that you, quote, "got up." Where were you?
BUCHANAN: I was just sitting right there on the -- I was sitting right there on the couch So she come (sic) in and she grabbed a popsicle on the way out the door.

BUCHANAN: Grabbed a popsicle on the way out the door, and she, you know -- I didn`t see her -- the last time I seen her was at 6:30. BUCHANAN: Yes. Yes, because she told me she was going back upstairs to her friend`s house. And that`s assuming where she went.

Second account

BUCHANAN: I went upstairs at one point. I watched her walk in through the door. I came back downstairs. I went -- went inside.
No, because I knew that she was upstairs at her friend`s house

GRACE. In your first version, you never got off the sofa.

From NG transcript

--------------

She really struggles to put her record stright.

First says, she was assuming she went upstairs, because that was what the girl told her.
then she knew she was upstairs, even checked on her by going upstairs and watching her walk in through that door.
THIRD TIME:
I knew that she was supposed to be up there.
:confused:

There is a big difference between 'knowing' and 'assuming'.
If she was just assuming, it means she didn't know for sure. If she watched her going upstairs, how could she still be assuming, didn't believe her own eyes? :rolleyes:

I was drawn to the TV last night..it was unbelievable. Who in the world spends minutes looking for their shoes when their child is "supposedly" in the street riding their scooter? I was just floored by the entire thing.

I was drawn to the TV last night..it was unbelievable. Who in the world spends minutes looking for their shoes when their child is "supposedly" in the street riding their scooter? I was just floored by the entire thing.
I was floored too. I guess she could have been trying to make her story sound better so that she doesn't look as neglectful (didn't work very well, IMO). I don't quite understand why she is pointing fingers at GK and "girlfriend" when in the beginning she thought that he had nothing to do with it.

JB reminds me of Casey Anthony in a few ways. The flat affect for one thing. Very unemotional. I know that doesn't prove you killed your kid but it bothers me nonetheless.

Then watching her on NG last night I just felt like I was watching Casey all over again. JB just says whatever comes into her head when pressed. NG had her on the hot seat and it was like I could just see the lies being strung together in her brain in an attempt to keep her balance with Nancy. It reminded me of what some conversations between Casey and Cindy must have been like, although Cindy never pressed Casey hard enough.

I also get the feeling off JB of complete resentment and jealousy toward Neveah. And I think in this case that had everything to do with GK. Whether it was because he broke up w/ her because he realized he needed to get out of that situation because she had a child or because he was more interested in Neveah than he was in JB...either way, I think she really resented her daughter.

Radio interview done with JB recently, the host ask her directly if she knows if her daughter ever made it to her friends house. A direct contrdiction to what was said on NG last night.

JB: I don't know that. :confused:

http://tinyurl.com/lkmfvl

What I find interesting is GK says he hadn't seen them for a couple of months. JB says 4 days? She can't call 911, but she can call him. And he appears to be the first person she calls. Why?

I was watching the NG show and yelled to my husband that if he wanted to watch something completely awkward, he better come and watch this. It was very hard to watch-NG just grilled her and JB just couldn't pull it off. Something is wrong there. When they went to commercial, I thought to myself that JB would leave the interview. In fact, I thought she'd jump up and leave before NG was through with her. She was clearly upset that NG wasn't painting her as a loving caring grieving mother.

And why was her friend there?? NG made short work of her too.

Both GK and Savannah were supposedly together all day, but their stories of how the time was spent are completely different. (See timeline.)
-------------
I just found this thread about the inconsistencies, where is the timeline you mentioned. TIA.

I was watching the NG show and yelled to my husband that if he wanted to watch something completely awkward, he better come and watch this. It was very hard to watch-NG just grilled her and JB just couldn't pull it off. Something is wrong there. When they went to commercial, I thought to myself that JB would leave the interview. In fact, I thought she'd jump up and leave before NG was through with her. She was clearly upset that NG wasn't painting her as a loving caring grieving mother.

And why was her friend there?? NG made short work of her too.

And is this the friend with the daughter that spent the night? Making it Holly's daughter that supposedly notified them that Neveah was in the road?

The most striking part of last nights interview to me was JB saying that the state did not want to see the body due to the level of decomposition. This is a mother that hasn't even had the chance to bury her child, say goodbye, etc... and she is dry eyed, calm voiced discussing the condition of the corpse? That is a new one for me. The fisherman who found her cried when talking about the body.

crazy question. and I am only asking this because she just seemed to be lying so badly and so much on NG last night. But is there any actual evidence that the "tattletale" child even exists? Does LE know who this child was or who their parents are? Does anyone corroborate a child knocking on the appartment door at 6? Do we have anything independent to start the timeline of this event besides JB's word? because otherwise the last time Neveah was seen independently was when she was fed by the neighbor at 3:30. And it also may call into question various alibies.

Re:bolded portion below...This is the last part of the transcript where the story seems to change a little, but from reading it again it still looks to me like she didn't check to see that Nevaeh went to the apt upstairs, when she left the second time.

GRACE: In the Detroit area on that day, the sun set 8:55 p.m. exactly. So your child is out. It`s been 30 minutes since you last saw her. Did you think maybe I should check on my preschooler? See if she`s dead or alive? I mean did that cross your mind?

BUCHANAN: No, because I knew that she was upstairs at her friend`s house until the little girl came up to me and said that Nevaeh was out riding her scooter in the road. That`s the point I`m.

GRACE: How did you know she was upstairs? Did you check on her? Did you go up there ever?

BUCHANAN: No, she`s -- I watched her walk in through the door.

GRACE: Really? Because earlier you said she went out the door.

(CROSSTALK)

BUCHANAN: We were just -- we just got home. She changed her clothes, everything else. I went upstairs at one point. I watched her walk in through the door. I came back downstairs. I went -- went inside.

GRACE: Because in your first version.

GRACE: In your first version, you never got off the sofa. She took a popsicle, went out the door. You never said anything in your first version about watching her walk upstairs.

BUCHANAN: Right. I was still -- I was first sitting down. I got back up. I watched her walk up there. She came back downstairs. She changed her clothes. She walked back out the door with a popsicle. And then that`s whenever I was like -- she said, mom, I`m going back upstairs to Austin`s house.

-------
Does LE know for sure that the little girl exists that supposedly told JB that Nevaeh was riding the scooter in the road?

I thought that too about the little tattletale girl, but then it popped right out of my head. Who is this little girl? Is there a little girl?

Why did it take JB time to get her shoes on? If my daughter was riding her scooter in the road, I'd go out there with no shoes to tell her to stop it.

But then again, I didn't let my kids play outside unsupervised at 5 years old. My neighbors do that-their kids are all over our neighborhood at ages 2 to 7. Scary.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back