James Easter

Contrary to rumor, Easter is not a RSO. LE has cleared him of any involvement in Naveah's disappearance and death. It seems to me that he's simply a guy who is a bit eccentric who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He has grandchildren. I think it's time we wipe his name from our memory banks and let him get on with his life.

:blowkiss:
Contrary to rumor, Easter is not a RSO. LE has cleared him of any involvement in Naveah's disappearance and death. It seems to me that he's simply a guy who is a bit eccentric who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He has grandchildren. I think it's time we wipe his name from our memory banks and let him get on with his life.

Let's wait a bit till the evidence gets analyzed before we totally discount anybody.

I can't clear him, he was burning reciepts, red flag, I don't see what it got to do with him having grandchildern.:confused:
He also stated that he park next to the scooter:confused:
I am not ready to clear Easter.

Easter took care of an Elderly person at the CAA and was also at Kmart the same afternoon that Jennifer and Neveah were. I have to go back to find the link... it was per an Easter interview with the media

LE did not make the statement that Easter was cleared in this case. A judge did and it is a tad bit confusing.

I can't clear him, he was burning reciepts, red flag, I don't see what it got to do with him having grandchildern.:confused:
He also stated that he park next to the scooter:confused:
I am not ready to clear Easter.

He was burning receipts that he'd already shown to the police. He obviously likes to burn things, he had a fire pit in his back yard. I throw receipts away, does that make me guilty of something? I think we need to take into consideration that his grandchildren do not need to be subjected to all the suspicion, rumors, and just plain horrible things people are saying about their grandfather when he's done nothing wrong. LE cleared Easter. I trust them.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...led-out-in-Nevaeh-s-disappearance--judge-says

Monday, June 1, 2009

Accused arsonist ruled out in Nevaeh's disappearance, judge says

...I've been informed by both the prosecutor's office and the sheriff's office that he is no longer a person of interest," District Judge Jack Vitale said at Easter's arraignment...

Although the article goes on to indicate that Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield would not comment on Easter no longer being POI.

I'm erring on the side of caution and going with the district judges statement. I think we will need to tread carefully, since at this time he has been cleared. KWIM?

I too am erring on the side of caution with you Kat.

It aint over till the fat lady sings though. ((come on fat lady! SING!!!!)

We know that Easter has a propensity for burning things. There was a partially burned glove at Nevaeh's burial site, IIRC.

Easter has a 'burn pit' in his back yard. Does anyone know whether or not that pit was lined with concrete?

I cannot discount Easter any more than I can discount Kennedy & his GF, Smith, or even JB herself. There is this other guy who had the scam site. I do not discount him either.

I have no idea who has done this to little Nevaeh, but someone did for sure. There are still too many likely suspects, IMO.

I too am erring on the side of caution with you Kat.

It aint over till the fat lady sings though. ((come on fat lady! SING!!!!)

LOL! I cannot wait for the music to start and the fat lady starts singing either, nursebeeme!

I really, really want to know who is this depraved and see he or she taken off the streets (if not already incarcerated).

Heh, nursie he might just be acting like a crazy ol' coot but he does have my attention too :)

crazy ole' coot! LOL! Bet he straightens up his speedo act in the kiddie pool after this experience.. LOL...

He was burning receipts that he'd already shown to the police. He obviously likes to burn things, he had a fire pit in his back yard. I throw receipts away, does that make me guilty of something? I think we need to take into consideration that his grandchildren do not need to be subjected to all the suspicion, rumors, and just plain horrible things people are saying about their grandfather when he's done nothing wrong. LE cleared Easter. I trust them.

Chilly,
I am not going back and fourth on this, Do you have link where he was clear by LE?
I sorry for his grandchildern, but he still POI in my eyes.

We know that Easter has a propensity for burning things. There was a partially burned glove at Nevaeh's burial site, IIRC.
Easter has a 'burn pit' in his back yard. Does anyone know whether or not that pit was lined with concrete?

I cannot discount Easter any more than I can discount Kennedy & his GF, Smith, or even JB herself. There is this other guy who had the scam site. I do not discount him either.

I have no idea who has done this to little Nevaeh, but someone did for sure. There are still too many likely suspects, IMO.

BBM, good point, I forgot that one.
I guess if we don't think a person is a POI, I guess we don't have to post in that thread, I would like to keep Easter thread open:rolleyes:

uhmm, I read he had bunch receipts,
Are you allow to burn in town limits?

According to the Detroit Free Press interview with James Easter (link below) the police are still watching him on a daily basis. This seems to indicate he is still a POI. (IMO)

This is my list of details from this and other article's/interview's I find disturbing and/or inconsistent:

*He has a large *advertiser censored* collection (and Ted Bundy material) (not unusual in and of itself, but as a collective may indicate something more)

*He admittedly has collected every article about Nevaeh except two (again, alone it wouldn't be unusual, but add to the collective)

*Description's (as well as video) depicts his home as messy and unorganized (has been speculation that the nature of the crime was committed by an unorganized person)

*He has systematically pulled out almost all of his teeth (an indicator of mental illness perhaps, although people who smoke crack deteriorate their teeth at a rapid pace and have been known to pull their own teeth to relieve the pain)

*He admit's that the police still have some of his property (bedspread, *advertiser censored*) (if he was not still a POI, I think they would have returned it by now)

*He was arrested for indecent exposure in 2000 He states in article that it occurred behind a library and two boys came across him in this situation.

*His family refuses to allow him access to his granddaughter (this may or may not have anything to do with the Nevaeh case, he never actually says why)

*His choice of wordage, "I only tripped up once" (who the heck says stuff like that?)

*He says he remember's the first time he seen Nevaeh, "He recalls everything about the moment. Where she was standing. What she was wearing. What she was doing. What he was thinking." Yet, further into the same interview, "Detectives accused him of following Jennifer Buchanan and Nevaeh, Easter says. "They kept blaming me for following the mother and girl out of Kmart," Easter says. "I didn't like that one.I told them I didn't know what they looked like."

*Easter admits he failed parts of his polygraph

*"After 12 hours, the FBI agents brought him home. Easter says he showed the agents some receipts and they left." Why didn't LE take the receipt's with them?

*He burns receipts and a sex toy at 5 am "After being dropped after questioning, Mr. Easter said he went into his duplex, peeked outside to make sure they were gone, and waited about 10 minutes to go outside to start a fire in a pit in the backyard. "I happened to gather some of the receipts because they were through looking at them" (6/3/09, Blade).

*He has refused to fill out the police questionnaire

*He says he was at home the day she disappeared

Yet earlier news articles quote him as saying "his only connection to the missing 5-year-old girl was a visit he made to the North McComb Street apartments where she went missing 10 days ago. "Because I park where they found the scooter, they used that for the thing to say I must have been the one because the scooter was near where I parked," he said. (The Blade, 6/3/09) (I am unable to discern if he is saying he was there that day or on another day?) He goes on to say in the article that he drove there in the days after she went missing to take his girlfriend to the store and aroused suspicion. From same article, "He said he presented receipts for purchases he made at Kmart, Wal-Mart, and Lowe's on the days in question." (You can purchase cement from Lowe's, but find it hard to believe if he did, that LE would have let him go so easily or not kept the receipt.)

Then he states in another article that he was at Kmart's the night she went missing. This is the store that JB walked to with Nevaeh and a friend. He also is quoted as saying his girlfriend from Charlotte Arm's apartment's "called him and said she needed a ride to the store, saying the apartment complex was abuzz over the missing girl" (6/4/09 The Detroit News Archive).

*His girlfriend, Janie Black, lives in the same building as did Nevaeh and her family. Here's my problem, he was a frequent visitor (as stated by LE in news articles) to CA's; is it possible his girlfriend called for a ride earlier and he had an opportunity presented to him? Read Janie Austin's interview in the Freep to get a feel for what I'm suggesting. (Will save further speculation, not sure if this is the proper place to discuss it?)

*He is quoted (6/4/2009 Det News) as saying that "he made a mistake by answering that question outright, claiming that if he was the one who had abducted Nevaeh on May 24, he would have "took my vehicle behind the nail salon nearby and called to her with a Kit Kat", when asked "how do you think they did it" during questioning.

However, in an earlier article that eerily parallel's the latest article, on how someone could have abducted Nevaeh, "He..said that during the many hours of questioning authorities asked what he believed may have happened to the girl. He said he offered them a hypothetical scenario of how an abduction of a young girl could be carried out at the apartment complex by hiding behind large trees nearby (6/3/09 The Toledo Blade). Freep article one year later, ""If I was a bad guy and I was looking for something like a little girl or a little child, I would have drove my pickup in there," he told the Free Press. "I would have made a horseshoe around the office and the pool. He says he would have pulled onto the street, turned on his hazard lights, pretending to have a vehicle problem, and then "snuck up along the blind side of those pine trees.

*Finally, his telling of how Nevaeh may have been murdered in such great detail is chilling, whether he had any involvement or not, the ability to imagine such horror is disturbing to me. It's not so much that he has given it thought, it is the amount of minute detail in his rendition. Over the past year, I myself have tried to imagine how it happened, but I have never imagined such detail's as making a mistake like a "bucket tipping over".

(Thanks for listening to me. Can you tell I need someone to talk to about this, lol?)

http://www.freep.com/article/20100613/FEATURES01/6130459/One-year-later-Who-killed-Nevaeh-Buchanan-

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...evaeh-uncovers-child-s-body-near-River-Raisin

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090603/NEWS16/906039997/0/OPINION

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090603/NEWS16/906039997/0/OPINION

If the police are watching him they may have a very good reason. That is good news! Thank You, Cherry Baker for your post.

If the police are watching him they may have a very good reason. That is good news! Thank You, Cherry Baker for your post.

You're welcome! Sorry it was so long, I just needed to get my thoughts down. I usually don't post so long winded :crazy:

Talk away, Cherry. I'm all ears. :) Thank you for the update on Easter. I have to admit, I disregarded him as a kook last year, creepy but relatively harmless. A year later, with no arrest and new details on Easter emerging, I'm having second thoughts.

I want justice for all child victims, but Neveah touched my heart in a special way. I'm so relieved to know that her case is still active.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back