American Girl Doll Neck Cord

That is for sure..I looked at that cord cause one of my friends got an american doll for her lil girl..It's not the same...

Thanks, DeeDee. That is really helpful. At the risk of using you like a reference library again, would the 'My Twinn' doll have come with cord and is there any significance to the 'My Twinn' debate other than the implication that Patsy was pee-ed off with JBR not liking the dioll and that this might have added to Patsy's ill-humour? Only reason I ask (and I apologise again for ignorance) but both dolls appear to be unique to the States so I have no idea of their popularity, packaging etc. TY :)

That is for sure..I looked at that cord cause one of my friends got an american doll for her lil girl..It's not the same...

Thanks Ravyn: I love these practical experiments/facts. TY

Thanks, DeeDee. That is really helpful. At the risk of using you like a reference library again, would the 'My Twinn' doll have come with cord and is there any significance to the 'My Twinn' debate other than the implication that Patsy was pee-ed off with JBR not liking the dioll and that this might have added to Patsy's ill-humour? Only reason I ask (and I apologise again for ignorance) but both dolls appear to be unique to the States so I have no idea of their popularity, packaging etc. TY :)

I don't think the MyTwinn dolls have the same cord- they were made a little differently, much more custom- the dolls were made from a photo of the child. Facial features like freckles, moles, dimples, even scars. Face shape and of course, hair color, length and style. They were eerily like the child- kinda creepy, actually.
Later, MyTwinn was bought by another company, and though the dolls were still customized, they were not exact replicas of the photo. I don't know which version Patsy ordered. JB also had a few of the American Girl dolls, which are actually play dolls. The MyTwinn was meant to be more of a keepsake doll. IMO, Patsy wanted to keep a memento of JB at her pageant best. Kinda freeze her at that point in time- it was really a doll for Patsy. In a way, that was accomplished with JB's death. She'd never grow old. Or grow up.
JB was not impresses with the doll that Christmas morning- she tossed it aside saying that it didn't look like her. Patsy must have been furious- that doll cost a lot of $$$ and she expected JB to be as thrilled with it as she was. It was probably the first of the Christmas Day altercations between PR and JB.

I agree it's eerie to have a replica of yourself..Maybe PR should had just given the doll to herself..

The MyTwinn was meant to be more of a keepsake doll. IMO, Patsy wanted to keep a memento of JB at her pageant best. Kinda freeze her at that point in time- it was really a doll for Patsy. In a way, that was accomplished with JB's death. She'd never grow old. Or grow up.

:clap:

I don't think the MyTwinn dolls have the same cord- they were made a little differently, much more custom- the dolls were made from a photo of the child. Facial features like freckles, moles, dimples, even scars. Face shape and of course, hair color, length and style. They were eerily like the child- kinda creepy, actually.
Later, MyTwinn was bought by another company, and though the dolls were still customized, they were not exact replicas of the photo. I don't know which version Patsy ordered. JB also had a few of the American Girl dolls, which are actually play dolls. The MyTwinn was meant to be more of a keepsake doll. IMO, Patsy wanted to keep a memento of JB at her pageant best. Kinda freeze her at that point in time- it was really a doll for Patsy. In a way, that was accomplished with JB's death. She'd never grow old. Or grow up.
JB was not impresses with the doll that Christmas morning- she tossed it aside saying that it didn't look like her. Patsy must have been furious- that doll cost a lot of $$$ and she expected JB to be as thrilled with it as she was. It was probably the first of the Christmas Day altercations between PR and JB.

Thanks DD: that's really helpful. You have an amazing skill in getting to the heart of the matter:

>IMO, Patsy wanted to keep a memento of JB at her pageant best. Kinda freeze her at that point in time- it was really a doll for Patsy. In a way, that was accomplished with JB's death. She'd never grow old. Or grow up.

I agree it's eerie to have a replica of yourself..Maybe PR should had just given the doll to herself..

Agree, Ravyn. I mean photos capture moments and are wonderful things (she says gazing at computer wallpaper of six year-old daughter cuddling a newborn Easter lamb) but there's something about a replica doll that conjures up thoughts of taxidermy and Boris Karloff in 'The Mummy's Tomb'..

Agree, Ravyn. I mean photos capture moments and are wonderful things (she says gazing at computer wallpaper of six year-old daughter cuddling a newborn Easter lamb) but there's something about a replica doll that conjures up thoughts of taxidermy and Boris Karloff in 'The Mummy's Tomb'..

Boris Karloff was in The Mummy. Lon Chaney Jr. was in The Mummy's Tomb! (What can I say? Karloff was one of the immortals.)

Other than that, I get what you're saying.

The MyTwinn dolls are creepy as hell!! My friend bought one for her daughter and the kid was Horrified. I can totally see JB hating it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back