Billy Joel and third wife Katie Lee split

Dark Knight

Reaction score
NEW YORK – Billy Joel and wife Katie Lee are confirming a split.

In a statement, the pair said that they remain "caring friends with admiration and respect for each other." They got married five years ago at Joel's mansion on New York's Long Island.

A representative for Joel did not immediately respond to the question of whether the couple were getting a divorce.

This was the Piano Man's third marriage, her first. (He's age 60, she's 27.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090618/ap_on_en_mu/us_people_billy_joel

I am surprised it lasted as long as it did. Also surprised she didn't get pregnant while they were together. But I am pretty cynical. :)

Rumor is she's been carrying on an affair with Yigal Azrael, a fashion designer, who all along Billy just (incorrectly) assumed was gay.

I'm always sorry to hear when a marriage doesn't work out.

When you get onto your third divorce though, shouldn't you be asking yourself...is it me?

LOL JK. Good luck to both of them.

I'm always sorry to hear when a marriage doesn't work out.

When you get onto your third divorce though, shouldn't you be asking yourself...is it me?

LOL JK. Good luck to both of them.

Exactly Kat! I've never followed the life of Billy Joel,but the little I have heard...me thinks that Billy needs to get his act together.

Not too shocking considering she has been spotted prancing all over town with her designer friend. I wonder if he is still going to open a restaurant for her? I know he took his Hamptons house off the market.

Maybe he should stop marrying women much younger and obviously very hot. After the whole "Billy Joel Music icon" thing wears off they wake up one day and realize they are married to an old goat! (with a drinking problem too perhaps).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back