GUILTY NY - Marie Lauradin & Sylvenie Thessier for burning 6yo girl, Queens, 2009

poor child, she will be scarred, mentally and physically, for life.

i just don't understand. these women did not just wake up one morning crazy and/or evil. weren't there any signs or indications? they did not live in a bubble, where were the aunts, the uncles, cousins, neighbors, teachers?

did no one notice these evil/crazy women, or was it that no one cared?

:( that poor baby. I don't get it...wth is wrong with people? I can't imagine the suffering she went through especially lying in bed overnight, as well as the pain she will always suffer from what family did to her. Sick!

June 2009:

Eventually, Frantzcia's grandmother doused the flames with cold water, but the women then put the girl to bed instead of getting her help, Brown said.

Frantzcia suffered for a whole day before a relative begged them to take her to a hospital...

Lauradin, a 29-year-old Haitian immigrant, was charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child...

Frantzcia's grandmother, Sylvenie Thessier, 70, was charged with reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child...

Confronted by cops, Lauradin claimed she was boiling rice in a pot and accidentally spilled it on the girl when she was "startled."...

Brown said they learned the truth after Frantzcia told her foster caregiver what really happened.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...tual-left-daughter-6-scarred-article-1.377409

June 2009:

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said 29-year-old Marie Lauradin and 70-year-old Sylvenie Thessier allegedly used an accelerant to set fire to the child, who suffered life-threatening injuries during the incident in February...

Police say 6-year-old Frantzcia Saintil was set on fire by her own mother as part of a voodoo ritual.

"During the performance of a Haitian voodoo practice known as 'Loa,' the child's mother is alleged to have intentionally poured an accelerant over her young daughter's body, causing her to be engulfed in flames," Brown said.

The child screamed and cried, but police say Marie Lauradin was so focused on summoning the 'Loa' spirit, she didn't rescue her own child...

With burns covering her small body, the girl's mother and grandmother put her to bed. No one took her to the hospital until the next day. She would be there for the next 55 days...

As part of her treatment, Frantzcia was placed in a medically-induced coma and hooked up to a respirator...

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=6872106

June 2011:

Queens Supreme Court Justice Richard Buchter scolded Marie Lauradin for lying to cops and probation officers about how her daughter, Frantzcia Saintil, was set on fire, leaving her with life-altering scars over 25 percent of her body.

After her February 2009 arrest, Lauradin told cops she accidentally spilled a pot of boiling water on the child when the youngster came up from behind her. And she recently told probation officers she was rubbing alcohol on the child to soothe a fever when a candle ignited it.

"Either you tell me the truth or we'll try the case," Buchter told Lauradin.

Lauradin, 31, left the courtroom briefly to talk with her lawyer.

When she returned she admitted -under questioning from Buchter stripping the child naked and pouring an accelerant over her head and in a circle on the floor - a voodoo rite known as "loa."

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...prison-setting-daughter-fire-article-1.130553

June 2011:

Voodoo mom sentenced to 17 years in prison for burning daughter

“The only demonic presence this child had to worry about was her mother,” the judge said...

“This was a barbaric act not an accident,” the judge said. “The victim loves her mother dearly … she still wants to be loved by this terrible excuse of a mother.”...

“She has so much anger and suffers at school from kids making fun of her,” prosecutor Leigh Bishop read from an email sent from [the girl’s] foster mother...

The mother and daughter duo both face deportation to Haiti upon completion of their sentences.

http://nypost.com/2011/06/06/voodoo-mom-sentenced-to-17-years-in-prison-for-burning-daughter/

Poor girl :( I wonder why the mother kept lying about it... If she truly believed that her daughter was possessed by demons and setting her on fire was the only way to save her, then I would have some sympathy for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back