Has anyone mentioned beaver hair brushes?

Lurker Steve

Reaction score
Just reading a few threads, people have talked about the presence of beaver hair, and perhaps it could have come from boots, etc.

Has anyone mentioned that decent shaving brushes (like the ones you use to make lather from 'old fashioned shaving cream') are made from beaver hair?

Thanks for the info,I never knew those was made by beaver hair...

They're either beaver or boar hair. Boar is cheaper, and rougher. Beaver is pricier (I paid $15 for my inexpensive one, but they can go up to $100+ for the fancy versions), but softer and is the most common.

If this was a male, it's possible he used an old-fashioned brush, since the hair can come off, especially if it's a new brush.

They're either beaver or boar hair. Boar is cheaper, and rougher. Beaver is pricier (I paid $15 for my inexpensive one, but they can go up to $100+ for the fancy versions), but softer and is the most common.

If this was a male, it's possible he used an old-fashioned brush, since the hair can come off, especially if it's a new brush.

Hadn't thought about that possibility but it's a brilliant one and very plausible. Men quite often get new shaving tackle for Christmas, too, and it's conceivable that John had a stray hair on him when he found JBR if he used one of these brushes to shave. Obviously, though, we'll never know: so much evidence having been carted away by the Rams with LE complicity.

ETA: Actually, I think a lot of cosmetic brushes are made with beaver hair, too.

(Friday giggle: I'm picturing the face of the bloke in a bespoke men's toiletry shop when, age 12, I was shopping for my dad and asked, in all seriousness, for a badger hair brush).

this gives IDI some new life as I gave up the pet beaver theory.

this gives IDI some new life as I gave up the pet beaver theory.

Actually, if memory serves, someone DID bring up the idea of beaver hair brushes already: some of PR's art brushes.

You are unwise to lower your defenses.

Actually, if memory serves, someone DID bring up the idea of beaver hair brushes already: some of PR's art brushes.

As I think the IDI is a male, shaver brushes sounds good.

I feel the conflict within you, let go of your pet theory!

Just reading a few threads, people have talked about the presence of beaver hair, and perhaps it could have come from boots, etc.

Has anyone mentioned that decent shaving brushes (like the ones you use to make lather from 'old fashioned shaving cream') are made from beaver hair?

Hi Lurker Steve.

That is an interesting fact.
Have not read of that possible association before.

Hi SD.

Ya possible suggested sources; PR beaver fur boots, the paint brushes, and false eyelashes made of beaver fur have been mentioned.

Was it confirmed that PR had beaver fur boots? And if so, was it the same beaver? :)

And some paint brushes are made with Beaver Hair..
Thought it was odd though, that Patsy's boots were made with Beaver Hair...according to her friends. And when the police asked for them...suddenly they came up "missing". But, she wore a pair of fur boots into the police station when she was questioned...later on...and the police even wondered if THOSE were THE boots that she said had been "missing". If so, she apparently forgot the story that she had told them, easy to do, when you don't allow the police to question you right away.

Was it confirmed that PR had beaver fur boots? And if so, was it the same beaver? :)

Nobody ever got a chance to test them because she "lost" them. :rolleyes: HOW convenient. Anyway, her friends all said that they were made of Beaver Fur...and they should know, because Patsy would have told them. (I could just hear her now...Patsy Friends..."WOW, look at those boots, they are gorgeous!" Patsy: "Yeah, well...I know. They are made from real beaver hair, afterall. ") Why else would all of her friends say that they were made from Beaver Hair?? I am sure that they didn't all get together, and say..."Now, if the police ask us about Patsy's boots, lets tell them that they were made of Beaver hair".

You RDI's sure make Patsy out to be an extremely smart woman. If she was alive, she should be "Secretary of Defense" for the United States of America.

You RDI's sure make Patsy out to be an extremely smart woman. If she was alive, she should be "Secretary of Defense" for the United States of America.

Where does intelligence come into her/John owning beaver hair brushes and/or beaver hair clothing then subsequently mislaying this/these?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back