Light levels and floor marks

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Time for another video segment. Check this one out:

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/lights.wmv

As you will be able to see, this was from the Bill Kurtis A&E program. The cameraman positioned himself in the southeast corner of the windowless room, in the dark, and then photographed Bill and Dave Williams as they opened the door.

What this clip makes real, which abstract words are not so capable of doing, is just what the light levels were in that room, even when the hallway light was on. I made these two particular frame grabs from the video:

dooropen1.jpg

dooropen2.jpg

Look at the second picture. You will see that when a person is standing in the doorway, there is even less light cast into the room than there is when nobody is standing there. And even when nobody is standing directly in the doorway, there is very little light.

Now, another aspect to what this video reveals comes when the cameraman repositions himself in the doorway of the room, and films from the northwest corner into the southeast. Here is what he sees:

floormark1.jpg

There is a reference mark on the floor we will use later. Here it is:

floormark2.jpg

Here is a photo of the blanket JonBenet's body was laying on inside the room.

floormark3.jpg

Do you see the reference mark from the second picture? Here, this will help:

floormark4.jpg

I must say, I had been assuming that JonBenet's body was placed much closer to the door than was true. But this evidence shows how she was really laying not immediately inside the door, but a noticeable distance away in the southeast corner of the room. With the light level so demonstrably low in that part of the room, no wonder Fleet White saw nothing. But even more interesting, what we can see from these facts is that John also, even with the hallway lit up brightly behind him, should not have been able to see her, unless his eyes were immediately able to adapt to both the bright light of the hallway and the intense darkness of the room. Of course, if he turned on the light she would have been visible, but he has been adamant about saying that he opened the door and there she was, right there.

Thoughts?

(Bonus observation: see the item circled in this picture?)

floor5.jpg

(That is the same item which appears in this picture.)

floor6.jpg

now where is the hidden safe photo located in the first two pictures of the original crime scene?

Nedthan Johns said:
now where is the hidden safe photo located in the first two pictures of the original crime scene?

The safe, in the numbered crime scene photos, is out of frame on the left side of the picture. See those dark screens? They are leaning against the north wall of the room. The safe is closer to the north wall and the door. In the photos of the lit room from the A&E program, the cameraman was standing with his feet likely right next to the floor safe, and the lens is never tilted down far enough in the video footage to catch it (nor should it be, it is not the cameraman's job to film his own shoes or what is near them).

Pretty remarkable considering John's eyesight was so compromised by cataracts he couldn't pilot a plane. I hope they took into consideration the time differences for when Fleet checked the room and John. My basement has different light patterns depending on the hour and even season.

This hidden safe in the wine cellar floor, did it contain anything at the night of the crime?

How deep was it?

The police drilled into it but they've never revealed what, if anything, was in the safe.

I think either John was good at Clue or he had a clue. He knew his wife. He knew where to look. Light or no light.

I think the observations made in this post are very interesting.

JBR was NOT lying close to the door. She would be hard to see without turning the light on.
If JR screamed BEFORE turning the light on this indicates that he KNEW she was there. FW would sure find that strange if it indeed was the case.
It is NOT that strange that FW didn't notice the body under the circumstances if he didn't turn the light on.

tumble said:
I think the observations made in this post are very interesting.

JBR was NOT lying close to the door. She would be hard to see without turning the light on.
If JR screamed BEFORE turning the light on this indicates that he KNEW she was there. FW would sure find that strange if it indeed was the case.
It is NOT that strange that FW didn't notice the body under the circumstances if he didn't turn the light on.

Quite correct. PLUS, the switch was in an odd position.

Why Nut am I mistaken or does that last photo linked (with the pic of JBR) have another handwriting sample? "House Paint" with that "a" on the box?

Looks like there's three words. Where's the "A"?

Good catch, and what dark thing is hanging from behind her ear and why?
Does her expression say something is being done to her when that picture was taken?

Eagle1 said:
Good catch, and what dark thing is hanging from behind her ear and why?
Does her expression say something is being done to her when that picture was taken?

I think that's just a shadow, Eagle1.

Never considered her expression. She does look a little scared, doesn't she?

SuperDave said:
..... She does look a little scared, doesn't she?

I'll say. What could be going on? A photo-shoot, for starters, I guess. Was she apprehensive about the photographer, something he wanted her to do, and alone with him, or what? If I'm on the right track at all, you wouldn't think he'd even shoot such an expression, would you?

He evidently had no idea at the time that she would end up dead and he could become a suspect.

"I'll say. What could be going on? A photo-shoot, for starters, I guess. Was she apprehensive about the photographer, something he wanted her to do, and alone with him, or what? If I'm on the right track at all, you wouldn't think he'd even shoot such an expression, would you?"

You're thinking the photographer might be involved?

She looks like a tired pageant princess begging her stage mother to let her take off the damn tiara and red lipstick and go home.

SuperDave said:
Was she apprehensive about the photographer, or what? If I'm on the right track at all, you wouldn't think he'd even shoot such an expression, would you?"

You're thinking the photographer might be involved?

Don't know. And Brit could be right that she's begging her mom to let's go home, the photographer seeing some use for a picture of that.

All I'm saying is why would he want a picture of that?

If I'm not mistaken this picture of Jonbnet was taken the night of the Boulder Christmas Parade where she was Little Miss Christmas and she rode in the parade I think sitting up in a convertible car. Don and Nedra Paugh were keeping Jonbenet this night as Patsy and John and Susan and Glen Stine were on a trip to New York. (Patsy's second trip there that year. The first one was the mother-daughter trip taken a month earlier when she bought the Bloomies.) There is a much better picture of this where you can see the whole car and Jonebnet sitting up on the back of it. Actually it's the same picture someone just cropped it to show her face. I don't know where it would be now though. The better picture I refferred to is also a picture in a frame sitting in the background on a table at Bill McRenolds house taken during an interview he gave.

"She looks like a tired pageant princess begging her stage mother to let her take off the damn tiara and red lipstick and go home."

maybe.

"All I'm saying is why would he want a picture of that?"

No idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member