GUILTY TX - Sgt. Shameka Jones, 26, murdered in her Fort Hood home, 22 June 2009

nursebeeme

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528243,00.html

FBI says a soldier was stabbed to death at her Fort Hood home and her civilian ex-husband is being charged with murder.

Fort Hood police found 26-year-old Sgt. Shaneka Jones stabbed in her chest after a 911 call about 3 a.m. Monday.

FBI spokesman Erik Vasys said the soldier apparently had been arguing with 36-year-old Donovan Lair. Military police detained him at the home and he later was transferred to FBI custody.

http://www.kdbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10575751&nav=menu608_1

Today has WAY too many new murders!! (Not that even one is okay, but I've rarely seen a day where there were so many new cases.)

yes... Kat... Cannot wait to see what she has heard about this one...

I watched the news last night and didn't see anything on local. I did miss a portion of the news though. I was trying to follow a case here of a child beaten to death (not here at Fort Hood) but up farther NE of here.

I'll go have a look at this case and come back and comment. I will be honest though, the only reason we are probably hearing about this is that the perp was a civilian and the crime appears to have happened in the outside community. Rarely if ever are crimes that happen on post reported off post. Let me see what I can find.

Huh, it did happen on post. I'll have to ask my next door neighbor if she knows which housing community. (She is the Mayor of this one).

Let's put a perspective on this my fellow military spouses:

...had returned in February from a 15-month deployment to Iraq...

...Sgt. Shameka Nicole Jones, 26, of Vadslia, La. died Monday at Fort Hood after allegedly being stabbed by her former husband, 36-year-old Donovan Lair...

...was assigned to the 36th Engineer Brigade's 59th Mobility Augmentation Company, 20th Engineer Battalion...

If she had housing, she had children or another dependent that qualified her to have housing. :(

She just got back from a 15 month tour last FEB. The perp commited the crime on a federal instillation that is why the FBI has him. He will be, more than likely, facing federal charges of murder. Heavier sentencing (hopefully).

Rest in Peace Shaneka. I want to extend my deepest condolences to your family, friends and your co-workers. Your battle buddies from Iraq too. Such a sad day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back