GUILTY MA - Nathaniel Turner, 7, beaten to death, Worcester, 21 June 2009

He should stand with head lowered in shame. Look at the size of him....against a 7 year old. That poor boy!

This is horrible. The poor little boy had no one to stand up for him. I wonder if the maternal grandmother bothered to check on him during his stay with his dad. My heart goes out to the little boy....this story has really made me sad. I hope the dad gets punished to the max and his girlfriend too, she is just as guilty.

What a beautiful child Nathaniel was!!! How do we as a society institute the concept of shame into people for doing something like this??? The that did this has his dead down in the picture, but that isn't causing me to feel one teeny tiny bit of sympathy towards him. He is a child murderer and should be punished severely.

Can someone please explain to me what is with some of these young parents today. Is it me or is this getting more and more common. It seems more and more of these poor children are being murdered by thier parents,the people that these kids should always be able to count on to love and protect them. So very sad !!

What a precious little boy...how can someone do that to a child? How could that ***ch stand by and watch it happen? I could never watch or listen to a child being hurt and not step in.

(Believe as a broken record...)

And he bothered to get custody of the boy for a summer for WHAT reason???

And why was a child that young away for that length of time unsupervised?

:behindbar:(:behindbar:(:behindbar:(

What a precious little boy...how can someone do that to a child? How could that ***ch stand by and watch it happen? I could never watch or listen to a child being hurt and not step in.

If I ever saw someone beating a child they would have to get thru me first !!

Hello ,

"Dad" needs to be removed from live support.

Precisely... He and a whole slew of other people who don't deserve to continue breathing after what they have done to "little ones."

This is so sad. Why did this dad even want the child for the summer? Just to beat him. What the hell is wrong with people? Are they so stupid they don't realize if they leave well enough alone, the child can grow up and they can keep their stupid azzes out of jail? Do their brains even work?

I don't get it, I don't think I'll ever get it. It seems to be all about besting the other parent or something and to hell with the child. If they left well enough alone, they could walk around boasting about how they don't have to worry about childcare, dentist visits or school activities. Instead these ' put up a fight for custody just to beat and torture the child and then spend the rest of their lives in jail. Again, I ask, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE POSs? Stupid, just stupid. Not to mention mean, and mean people suck!

Salem

He took him off his ADD medication and then when the kid had a bad reaction to that he decides to beat him to death. Some people are so very ignorant and think they are tough guys. He told the mother he was taking him off the meds and that he could "Handle him" - which tells me he was very ignorant to ADHD and ADD and assumed the kid just needed a bit of discipline...too bad his less than half a brain was completely wrong.

Bless Nathaniel's little heart. I pray for strength for his loved ones to make it through this trying time.:(

As for the two people that are responsible for Nathaniel's condition, I have no words.:mad:

fran

Ignorance. Pure ignorance. Sounds like dad came from the school of thought that you can beat anything out of a child. I'm glad that this is bringing the DP issue to the forefront, because cases like these just call for it.

I have a two year-old Nathaniel and I just tear up whenever I see this poor boy's name.

I do wonder about the charges for his girlfriend. I mean, this is a big guy who was obviously unstable enough to kill this child. If she didn't strike the boy, should she be brought up on assault? It's very possible she was terrified of the guy. Of course, I haven't read enough of the initial articles to know if she was in a position to get help.

He took him off his ADD medication and then when the kid had a bad reaction to that he decides to beat him to death. Some people are so very ignorant and think they are tough guys. He told the mother he was taking him off the meds and that he could "Handle him" - which tells me he was very ignorant to ADHD and ADD and assumed the kid just needed a bit of discipline...too bad his less than half a brain was completely wrong.

BBM. I'm interested in your knowledge of ADHD and ADD, really, no snark. I have a grandson with ADHD who is okay and gets good marks with the meds, but he won't eat and sweats profusely. This isn't the way to GROW a child's body or mind. Off the meds he motor mouths and is VERY annoying, does horrible in school. No one can decide what to do with him - on or off meds. He is a wonderful child, smart, but something is very wrong. Guess I'm asking you to give me what info you have on these diseases. We've been through the wringer for years. He also has aspbergers, which I belive he may have inherited from me, but in my case it isn't a biggie - I just ignore others who don't share my interests, not sure what form his takes.

I'd like what info you can share.

Thanks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_on_re_us/us_father_s_day_beating

There is already a thread on this case here, but just to comment as well-there was no order that the child had to go to this man. Further, he had never even met his father. Dad lied, brought the boy home and took him off of his meds and then beat the sh** out of him until he essentially died.

But he feels bad. Not bad enough to plead guilty. But he wants to know how his son is.

I am beyond baffled-I want to howl at the moon. I want to scream in this dudes face. This story completely and utterly kills me. That poor baby. He was happy. He was healthy. And now he is dead. Oh My God.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/mass-man-arraigned-on-a-murder-charge-in-the-fatal-beating-of-7-year-old-son-on-fathers-day-95961/

murder charge in the fatal beating of 7-year-old son on Father’s Day

Bail has been revoked for a Massachusetts man now charged with murder in the fatal beating of his 7-year-old son on Father’s Day.

A not guilty plea was entered for Leslie Schuler at his arraignment Tuesday in Worcester. He was previously held on $250,000 bail on assault charges. A murder charge was lodged after Nathaniel Turner was removed from a hospital ventilator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back