Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
On 48Hours Mystery last night they profiled the murder of Travis Alexander. Travis was a devote Mormon and well known motivational speaker. He was shot in the face, stabbed repeatedly and then had his throat slit. His body had been rinsed off in the shower, his bedding was found in the washing machine, along with his digital camera. The images had been erased but LE was able to get images. There were pics on the camera of Travis on the floor of his bathroom bleeding. There were also pitures of his ex-girlfriend who just happened to visiting the night he was killed.
This article below tells a lot about the crime scene
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/125240

Friends began to tell LE to look at Jodi Arias and they did. She was reportedly obsessed with Travis, showed up at his house, some friends believe she followed him and slashed his tires on more than one occasion, she would show up unannounced and she was extremely jealous.

At first Jodi said she hadn't seen Travis in months but eventually told LE quite a tale of what happened. According to her two masked people, a man and woman, unexpectedly busted into the house, shot Travis, put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger but miraculously it did not go off. Jodi then claims she grabbed her purse, pushed past the attackers, ran to the car and drove off. Leaving Travis. She never called 911. Her account of what happened it a little more detailed than the one I just gave. Here are some links including the entire 48 Hours episode from last night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4851832n&tag=cbsnewsLeadStoriesArea.0

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/22/crimesider/entry5103510.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias (Jodi's myspace)

http://www.myspace.com/tvalexander (Travis's myspace)

http://www.***********.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-thoughts-about-jodi-arias.html

It seems pretty obvious she murdered him. The motive being jealousy. LE has not found either murder weapon. It was never made clear (at least to me) if the bloody palm print found on the wall at the scene was Jodi's).

Just curious as to what other people are thinking about the case.

She goes to trial in 2010.

In the 48 Hours episode, Jodi said that Travis told her his legs couldn't move and later it said that Travis was down on his hands and knees. I couldn't figure out how he could be on his knees when his legs "didn't work".

Also, Jodi taking her purse on her "escape" didn't seem too logical. Who takes a moment to grab their purse when 2 crazed lunatics are there to kill you?

I think she did it.

I think she did it and I'm sure a jury of her peers will convict her in no time once her trial begins and possibly give her the death penalty. According to her, if she is wrongly sentenced she wants the death penalty because she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life in jail - I can't believe an innocent person would say that. The fact that she drove and drove to the middle of the dessert and not once called the police and after a traumatic experience like that, wouldn't you tell the very first person you saw?

I saw the show last night and to me it's obvious Jodi is the murderer. I don't see how she would think anyone would believe her story.

In the 48 Hours episode, Jodi said that Travis told her his legs couldn't move and later it said that Travis was down on his hands and knees. I couldn't figure out how he could be on his knees when his legs "didn't work".

Also, Jodi taking her purse on her "escape" didn't seem too logical. Who takes a moment to grab their purse when 2 crazed lunatics are there to kill you?

I think she did it.

And what two crazed lunatics would just let her grab her purse and push by them?

Nope, makes no sense.

She sounds like the guilty party to me.

imo

I think she is guilty. The website quick trips to hell, has a video on it of her speaking and she is soooo calm though the whole thing and could come across as being very believable to some. I watched it and her composure is shocking and the way she speaks. http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/

During the interview last night I noticed she kept wiping her eyes as if she was crying but her eyes were not even watery.

I wonder what happened in between the time they were having sex, posing nude etc and her murdering him? Was the whole sex, picture activity part of her plan or did something happen to trigger her?

It is violence and viciousness of the crime is disturbing and denotes alot of anger. And, why would she pause to take pictures of Travis as he waas diyng?

Needless to say, Jodi seems a little bit like a sociopath to me.

The fact that she did not tell anyone about it, drive to the police department, something! She said he was still alive when she left. So did she not care if he was tortured? And why would someone put his camera in the washer? She was the only one who had something to loose if they found those pictures. IMO, she is guilty.She did not even bring the story up about being there and two masked assailants until she was charged, interesting.

I think she's guilty as well. But given that she's a young girl and attractive, I don't think they will give her the death penalty. Life without parole, I can see, but not the death penalty, especially if her defense portrays her as crazy. She did say though that if she was convicted she wanted the DP because she didn't want to spend the rest of her life in jail. All the better reason to give her LWOP in my book.

She's the classic psycho girlfriend/exgirlfriend and is nothing but guilty.

During the interview last night I noticed she kept wiping her eyes as if she was crying but her eyes were not even watery.

I wonder what happened in between the time they were having sex, posing nude etc and her murdering him? Was the whole sex, picture activity part of her plan or did something happen to trigger her?

It is violence and viciousness of the crime is disturbing and denotes alot of anger. And, why would she pause to take pictures of Travis as he waas diyng?
Needless to say, Jodi seems a little bit like a sociopath to me.

BBM: I assume she took the pics because like you said she seems like a sociopath and wanted a memory - only someone crazy would do that I would think, maybe she downloaded them to a laptop and deleted the memory card threw it in the washing machine, hoping that it would get destroyed and the LE wouldn't be able to get any images off of it.

I wonder if he got a call from another girl/gf and she went ballistic and that's the reason the crime is so violent and vicious, from what I heard last night on the show, she was obsessed with him.

Why wouldn't she contact anyone for help after she escaped? GUILTY!

It's fascinating case not because of any doubt whatsoever that she did it, but because of the way it unfolded and, most especially, the extreme weirdness of her spacey, undemonstrative, Mormon New Age personality. Frankly, it's unnerving to witness the incongruity between someone who presents herself as she does and some one who takes photographs of her mortally wounded lover.

It occurs to me that she might have rationalized the murder by imagining that she was somehow "sealing" a celestial marriage with Travis; a total perversion, of course, of Mormon doctrine, but one that selfish people making decisions on an intuitive, supposedly spiritual level might be inclined to embrace.

Just thinking on paper.

Why wouldn't she contact anyone for help after she escaped? GUILTY!

and why would she call him twice after she was driving, other than to give herself an alibi that she was not near the house - she is guilty IMO:behindbar

I think she is guilty. The website quick trips to hell, has a video on it of her speaking and she is soooo calm though the whole thing and could come across as being very believable to some. I watched it and her composure is shocking and the way she speaks. http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/

I agree, I watched it about 3 weeks ago and at first I was like "geez she can't be the killer!" until I saw all of the evidence. She's very confident in her story now (imo almost too confident), but it doesn't add up.

Even the way she speaks. Her tone, everything, sounds fake to me.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone more guilty. Casey looks like a criminal mastermnd next to her. I'm surprised there aren't any pictures of her actually killing him. She is a bold faced liar and I don't even think she believes what she says.

Thanks gaia227 for starting this thread, I saw the story a while ago and was interested in seeing it play out. Her home town is Yreka and my inlaws live there, they don't know her or her family but that alone caught my attention.

Her demeanor is so odd, she comes off as quite religious and demure, but the facts of the case and testimony from those who knew her and Travis indicate otherwise. Her story does not add up or make sense. The couple who took Travis under their wing saw many things in her that sent off alarm bells early on and she was not welcome in their home. Trial is scheduled for February 2010. I'd like to hear comments on what fellow sleuthers think her psy. profile would read like.

Court minute entries can be found here http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JOnamesearch.asp?casenumber=CR2008031021#
Case History here http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp

BBM: I assume she took the pics because like you said she seems like a sociopath and wanted a memory - only someone crazy would do that I would think, maybe she downloaded them to a laptop and deleted the memory card threw it in the washing machine, hoping that it would get destroyed and the LE wouldn't be able to get any images off of it.

I wonder if he got a call from another girl/gf and she went ballistic and that's the reason the crime is so violent and vicious, from what I heard last night on the show, she was obsessed with him.
I also watched the show, and the part about the photo memory card I couldn't understand at all. Why didn't she take the camera and dispose of it somewhere else, far away from the crime scene? From what I know of the case, it seems LE arrested the right person. Her story of fleeing from the intruders is unbelievable. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni