GUILTY LA - Barry Thomas for shooting, injuring two people, Moss Bluff, 2009

AmandaBrown23

Im just living among all the madness
Reaction score
All I can say is I didnt see that coming.

It was off West Telephone Road in Moss Bluff that Barry Thomas allegedly shot two people. Both of them are still in the hospital. It turns out Thomas is the same Barry Thomas who is the pastor of Shiloh Baptist Church on Fifth Avenue, located where the old Papania's Restaurant was for years. His name is on the sign and a church bus.

Mancuso says eight people, including Thomas, were in the house just before the shooting. He says they've talked to all but one and that all, including Thomas, admitted they had been smoking crack cocaine

http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=10583440

From the link above:

"Thomas was booked for two counts of illegal use of a weapon and one count of illegally carrying a weapon. He's been released on bond. We contacted Thomas, but he declined to comment at this time. Sheriff's investigators say they are awaiting toxicology results on Thomas. "

What??? Why wasn't he booked for attempted murder???

March 2013:

A local pastor was sentenced to two years in prison Wednesday for shooting two people in June 2009.

Barry Welton Thomas, 53, pleaded guilty to second-degree battery in September...

His attorney, Todd Clemons, acknowledged that Thomas has an addiction to crack and was on crack at the time of the crime...

Addressing the court, Thomas said he was not happy about what had happened and called it a “bad character move.” He said that when the crime occurred, he had been up for a few days doing drugs.

“I don’t know what happened,” he said. “It felt like I was being attacked.”
Thomas’ previous criminal history includes charges of animal cruelty, theft over $500 and drug possession.

http://www.americanpress.com/news/local/Pastor-sentenced-to-two-years-in-2009-shooting

:what: how did he get off so lightly?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back