FL FL - Boca Raton, WhtFem UP1107, 20-35, possibly Joy Neubauer, Nov'96

In my unscientific opinion it's probably not Bonnie because her birthdate is 1975-03-12 and Joy Doe said hers was 1966-7-12. The 12 matches but it's my hunch that it's probably someone who was born in the sixties, close to the date she gave. It just strikes me as unlikely that a 21-year-old woman would give a fake birthdate that makes her nine years older. That means adding nearly half her existing age and when I was 21 a decade older seemed quite ancient... I guess a younger woman might have given that birthdate if she had a fake ID with the sixties DOB, and was expecting to have to produce it but I don't think she'd have made it up from scratch.

693UFFL.jpg

I am struggling to find any one that matches the height of this Jane Doe who went missing in 1996.

but I did find a Joy Neubauer aged 47 in people finder.....I wonder if the 47 year old Joy Neubabuer had any connection to this Joy doe?

Could someone with Ancestry possibly see what they can find? Or Classmates.com? I do see several Joy Neubauers, but since I am not an Ancestry member I can't click through to see ages, etc. This UID was very tall, so in a high school yearbook she would likely stand out (not in individual pictures, but in pictures from clubs or teams)

Could someone with Ancestry possibly see what they can find? Or Classmates.com? I do see several Joy Neubauers, but since I am not an Ancestry member I can't click through to see ages, etc. This UID was very tall, so in a high school yearbook she would likely stand out (not in individual pictures, but in pictures from clubs or teams)

There's a LC Neubauer in Ancestry with the same DOB (12-Jul-1966) who was born in San Mateo County CA.

She lived in Redding CA sometime before 1993, but there are no records for her in Ancestry that are dated after 1996.

I Googled her and found someone named Joy Neubauer that wasn't from too far from Boca Raton (a couple hours away in St Cloud, FL).

It is an obituary for a man that died in St Cloud in 10/1997 that lists Joy Neubauer (also of St Cloud) as his stepdaughter.

The problem is that it is a year after her suicide and she is listed as a survivor. It doesn't list an age, but I was thinking it could be someone who knew this Joy and didn't want to tell the cop her real name. I figured that if this were really her, things would have come together before now.

I suppose she could have "gone missing" before his death and they didn't know her fate. I've seen where various MP's where a parent will say "survived by" or "preceded in death by" and it can be either way. But there aren't any missing persons report for her that I could find.

Obituaries (Orlando Sentinel, 10/23/1997)
NICHOLAS ERIC VON KLOCK, 56, Mississippi Avenue, St. Cloud, died Monday, Oct. 20. Mr. Von Klock was an electrician for an electrical company. Born in Winchester, Mass., he moved to Central Florida in 1981. He was a Marine Corps veteran. Survivors: wife, Lorraine, St. Cloud; son, Nicholas Jr., Merritt Island; daughters, Debbie Jellison, Cocoa, Rhonda, Longwood; stepchildren, Chris Cason, Angela Lambert, Larry Don Cason, Joy Neubauer, all of St. Cloud. Fisk Funeral Home, St. Cloud.

I've been to Spanish River Park a number of times when my in-laws were still living. They had a place just north in Delray Beach. It's a lovely place but lonely and deserted at night.

This is the approximate location: https://goo.gl/maps/WiBlR

Rule outs:

Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Paula Waid 1955 Florida

It’s a shame they don’t have a better recon of this Jane Doe... Her height definitely stands out. You’d think someone would remember such a tall woman.

I could only find two women who remotely resemble the recon. Their heights are still off and the locations don’t make it seem very likely. But I want to post them here anyway.

- Kimberly Lynn Lilly
- Susan Marie Cummings (though her poor dental health likely rules her out immediately)

I wanted to bump up this case.
I see Kimberly Lilly has been removed from NamUs.
I looked through NamUs a bit but couldn't find a "great" match, unfortunately.

I am surprised there is no photo or even a better sketch of her. She was found almost immediately and her skin issues were obvious enough to note them. I'd say the JN's everyone is finding online are not her since they have her remains. Dental work is pricey so she had to have had a source of income and/or dental insurance.

I always wonder why people make up names for themselves. I have seen where the made up name has some link to the real name. Either a nickname, an old family name, but not normally something so totally random as Neubauer. Maybe Bauer was a family name and she added to that. If she really was of German decent, that would explain the 5' 10" height, as most everyone I know that is German, is quite tall.

Neubauer Name Meaning
German: epithet for a settler who was new to an area, from Middle High German niu(we) ‘new’ + (ge)bure ‘settler’, ‘resident’, ‘peasant’ (see Bauer). Jewish: either an adoption of the German surname (Jews were not usually agricultural workers at the time when surnames were acquired) or an artificial creation of a name from the German vocabulary word without any relationship to the actual occupation of the first Jewish bearer.
Neubauer Name Meaning & Neubauer Family History at Ancestry.com®

Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 174 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, cut short
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Acne scars on face.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back