1064 users online (288 members and 776 guests)  

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Maybe they are meant to be sold, and when that doesn't happen they kill them and deposit them in water close to where they disappeared. I know, I feel sick even writing this but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne1972 View Post
    Maybe they are meant to be sold, and when that doesn't happen they kill them and deposit them in water close to where they disappeared. I know, I feel sick even writing this but it's an option.

That would mean that there would be a ton of missing college age males. Are there? No.

It would also mean that the bodies fished out of the rivers would have evidence of blunt force trauma, gun shot wounds, or stabbing wounds. Have they? No.

This is my very first Websleuths post and it's from my phone so forgive the typos.

My theory is that this is a coming of age ritual for a religious sect. There have been "survivors" that have told the same story despite being from different geographical regions. In general, they got separated from their friends while out drinking, then a van with several men inside pulls up, asks the male to come with them and then they pursue the college male if he doesn't go willingly. I think it is possible a younger male or pubescent male that does the killing and the older men do the abducting. Could explain how they got into a bar or are able to drive. It could also explain why some males survive (if the boy going through his rite of passage wasn't strong enough or able to kill). Just my thoughts. Has anyone looked at whether each of the big "kill zones" have sister cities in common that would take on refugees coming from countries with unique religious sects (such as Romani -- not saying it is that particular cult/people).

The case interests me and scares me. I'm from the Great Lakes region and my brother currently lives in a college town in an off campus apartment. He's older than college age but fits the bill in the other regards. There have been several suspect cases near where we are from that make me question things. There was a man from Crown Point, IN that text his mother that he was on his way home. Then he was found submerged in his car several miles in the opposite direction from his house. And not to mention the numerous college aged males that have been pulled from Lake Michigan in Chicago.

If this was just a bunch of random college guys getting too drunk and walking into bodies of water, then why don't we see this happening in large scale in resort areas such as Cancun or others?

You are right on point with your last comment. This isn't happening to females or males of other races, not in these high numbers anyways. This is happening to young, white males. It's very scary.
    Help find David Gipson Smith, missing since August 2017.

Do we know if Adam Gilbertson who was just found deceased in a river near Denver, CO could be a victim of the SFK? I'm not sure when they'll have his autopsy report back.
    Help find David Gipson Smith, missing since August 2017.

For those interested, local Pittsburgh news is doing an interview today at 5pm with Dakota James' mother, and will include an interview with the DA about whether there might be a serial killer or if this was targeted: http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories...es-1/684570737

Quote Originally Posted by Two for the road View Post
    This is my very first Websleuths post and it's from my phone so forgive the typos.

My theory is that this is a coming of age ritual for a religious sect. There have been "survivors" that have told the same story despite being from different geographical regions. In general, they got separated from their friends while out drinking, then a van with several men inside pulls up, asks the male to come with them and then they pursue the college male if he doesn't go willingly. I think it is possible a younger male or pubescent male that does the killing and the older men do the abducting. Could explain how they got into a bar or are able to drive. It could also explain why some males survive (if the boy going through his rite of passage wasn't strong enough or able to kill). Just my thoughts. Has anyone looked at whether each of the big "kill zones" have sister cities in common that would take on refugees coming from countries with unique religious sects (such as Romani -- not saying it is that particular cult/people).

The case interests me and scares me. I'm from the Great Lakes region and my brother currently lives in a college town in an off campus apartment. He's older than college age but fits the bill in the other regards. There have been several suspect cases near where we are from that make me question things. There was a man from Crown Point, IN that text his mother that he was on his way home. Then he was found submerged in his car several miles in the opposite direction from his house. And not to mention the numerous college aged males that have been pulled from Lake Michigan in Chicago.

If this was just a bunch of random college guys getting too drunk and walking into bodies of water, then why don't we see this happening in large scale in resort areas such as Cancun or others?
    BBM, and also, using your post as a jumping off point to discuss my own thoughts.

We don't see this happening in the summer or hot weather areas because it's the cold water that kills - hypothermic shock makes you falling in much more deadly. And oceans are a gradual decline and usually don't get that deep right away, and are warm. You have to actually drown and unless you are blasted to the point of unconsciousness, that's a lot less likely without some unusual ocean circumstances like a rip tide. It's the combination of drinking, cold weather, cold water that leads to more deaths.

I'm not really a believer of this theory, BUT if someone was targeting young men to kill, dumping them in cold rivers/lakes are your best bet. Often it takes a lot longer for bodies to surface, potentially covering up any signs of foul play. In resort areas there are a lot more people around, partying all the time. More chance of discovery. Whereas in the winter, cold night, not too many people choose to walk home by themselves, creating isolated, vulnerable victims. Maybe even more likely to accept a ride from a stranger with a warm car.

On the other hand, women are much more likely NOT too walk home under these circumstances - late night, cold weather, potentially sketchy/isolated areas. They would get a ride from a trusted friend or walk in well-lighted city areas. Thus why it's men, not women. Men, young men, especially, I believe are at lot more likely to "man up" and either under-estimate or dismiss the cold and danger and level of their own intoxication. Guys don't think about their safety in the same way females do.

FYI, my boyfriend says as soon as he steps outside when it's really cold, he has a strong urge to urinate. Combine that with drinking, and it's a recipe for really having to go - wherever.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's just so far-fetched too me (perhaps a failure of imagination or naÔvetť on my part) - a nationwide serial-killer cult? I can buy that some of these are foul play for various motives or circumstances that can't be solved because too much time has passed and the COD is undetermined, but it's really hard to imagine a large collaborative collective and what the motive might be.
    Last edited by Kittybunny; 01-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I too find it ridiculous that so many young men can stumble into a body of water, even after a night of drinking. Investigators love to say that the men were intoxicated and probably went to the body of water to urinate. However, having been a young college student at one point in my life, on a very large campus, with many bodies of water, I have never felt compelled to walk over to them in order to pee. In fact, guys will typically pee just about anywhere, the back alley of the bar, against a car, on a wall etc...they don't go on a long walk to some river bank, especially if its freezing outside.

I find it very telling that most these men are attractive, white, and level-headed. This seems like there is profile at work here. Where are the fat and out of shape college men falling into water, or African-American, or even someone a little older? Why all college students? These are all common variables that lead me to believe something nefarious is at work here. If men just happened to drink and fall into water, you would see this happening across the spectrum, white, black, Asian, college students, non-college students etc...the fact this is limited to a very specific "type" tells me there is more to at play than "accidental" events. Accidents don't discriminate on race, age, or body type.

My theory: There is a homosexual killer(s) with a penchant for travel, visiting these places and killing these men. I think this person might be independently wealthy (hence the freedom to travel), or works in the airline industry, air marshal, pilot, flight attendant.

I would really like to see a comprehensive examination of these victims' sexual orientation. I have noticed a handful of them are indeed gay. However, that alone would not stop a killer from being interested in someone they might have grown fond of. However, it would make it easier to communicate with them via dating apps.

I suggest anyone wanting more information into the SFK is to watch a documentary by William Ramsey. And also follow the FB page of smiley face killers America which is ran by a man named Jim Smith.

https://www.facebook.com/Smiley-Face...3233780901860/

And hereís the link to William Ramseyís documentary. Itís over 3hrs long so itís extremely informative IMOO

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/smileyface

Hope this helps!!

Elisaa444 is offline "Talk with people who make you see the world differently."
    Quote Originally Posted by tru2it4u View Post
    I suggest anyone wanting more information into the SFK is to watch a documentary by William Ramsey. And also follow the FB page of smiley face killers America which is ran by a man named Jim Smith.

https://www.facebook.com/Smiley-Face...3233780901860/

And hereís the link to William Ramseyís documentary. Itís over 3hrs long so itís extremely informative IMOO

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/smileyface

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for posting this link. I didn't know about this documentary. I'm definitely going to watch it.
    "Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference."

"Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference."

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18