WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing 10-year-old girl likely abducted

The search is still on for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, missing since Friday. After failing to return from a friend's house, her mother reported her missing. Authorities say the theory that she may have run away from home is becoming increasingly unlikely.

"We're becoming more concerned that she's the victim of someone facilitating this disappearance," says Undersheriff Rick Scott.

More at link...

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=184840

Map1.jpg

What is the ~address/intersection she would've started from? 'B' ?
Yes, B...A is her home.

She would have started somewhere in the 500 block of Maple Street. Probably a few hundred feet past the B marker. I think the 'last seen' marker is an approximation.

She was also spotted by a resident around halfway (possibly two-thirds) to the residence on Mommsen St. I'm not sure of the exact location.

She would have started somewhere in the 500 block of Maple Street. Probably a few hundred feet past the B marker. I think the 'last seen' marker is an approximation.

Thanks.

The search is still on for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, missing since Friday. After failing to return from a friend's house, her mother reported her missing. Authorities say the theory that she may have run away from home is becoming increasingly unlikely.

"We're becoming more concerned that she's the victim of someone facilitating this disappearance," says Undersheriff Rick Scott.

More at link...

thank you for the update link....this part i found interestiong

People from the community are trying to aid in the search and Scott says police are still searching. "Continuing to use searchers, continuing to use dogs but sending them into areas that we want to look again because of some clue or some anecdotal information that has been provided by a community member

anecdotal: also an·ec·dot·ic (-dŏt'ĭk) or an·ec·dot·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl) Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.
Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis:

Any guesses on the 'alternate route' ?

:rant: and not directed at anyone here on this board, I promise!

In the article:
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba9ab562a5957341684.txt

LE (Scott) says:
...But a minute or two before she crossed 3rd Street, she disappeared. A neighbor spotted her about two-thirds of the way home, Scott said...

The preceding paragraph is poorly written in that it describes the path she should have taken from the residence on Maple to her own, outlining passing over 3rd street.

I read that as they have a witness. This witness saw her 2/3rds of the way home. This witness saw her minutes before she passed over 3rd ST (scotts quote).

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2
Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.
Again LE says she is headed from eye witness accounts, exactly the way we have assumed...towards 3rd ST in order to cross over to her street.

Then we have someone(KK) now posting on another crime board (think link is back in thread #1) who is saying she didn't walk that way. Instead she went up the 6th ST Hill.

:rant: Oh really?

I still can't find where the dogs tracked her down that route and then...lost her scent.

Can someone help me please? :angel:

Also please keep in mind when we read this link:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1890148/lindsey_baum_10_missing_from_mccleary.html?cat=9

That the author of that blog is Momwhowrites. Momwhowrites... is....KK. Within three days of Lindsey's disappearance she posted a blog about it, and at the end of that blog she gave information for where donations could be sent.

Do I think she did anything? Probably not. Do I think she's a h-u-g-e distraction and not a font of reliable facts? You betcha.

Okay rant off. LOL Thanks for not kicking me to the curb if you all read all of that :)

She was also spotted by a resident around halfway (possibly two-thirds) to the residence on Mommsen St. I'm not sure of the exact location.

I believe the house she started from was in the 600 block of Maple. On one of the newscasts they showed the house and the house number was in the 640's.

:rant: and not directed at anyone here on this board, I promise!

In the article:
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba9ab562a5957341684.txt

LE (Scott) says:

The preceding paragraph is poorly written in that it describes the path she should have taken from the residence on Maple to her own, outlining passing over 3rd street.

I read that as they have a witness. This witness saw her 2/3rds of the way home. This witness saw her minutes before she passed over 3rd ST (scotts quote).

Again LE says she is headed from eye witness accounts, exactly the way we have assumed...towards 3rd ST in order to cross over to her street.

Then we have someone(KK) now posting on another crime board (think link is back in thread #1) who is saying she didn't walk that way. Instead she went up the 6th ST Hill.

:rant: Oh really?

I still can't find where the dogs tracked her down that route and then...lost her scent.

Can someone help me please? :angel:

Also please keep in mind when we read this link:

That the author of that blog is Momwhowrites. Momwhowrites... is....KK. Within three days of Lindsey's disappearance she posted a blog about it, and at the end of that blog she gave information for where donations could be sent.

Do I think she did anything? Probably not. Do I think she's a h-u-g-e distraction and not a font of reliable facts? You betcha.

Okay rant off. LOL Thanks for not kicking me to the curb if you all read all of that :)

I read somewhere on here last night or this morning that she was also seen by someone between 5th and 6th St. on Maple. I'll go search for that link.

I join you in your rant, Kat. :burn:

im trying to talk my hubby in taking a ride tonight...i could snap some photos...if i can go what would you like photos of?

im trying to talk my hubby in taking a ride tonight...i could snap some photos...if i can go what would you like photos of?

If you happen to have a video camera, a video along the route she walked might be helpful. Just a thought.

Kampen's live at 647...
so... between 7th Street and 6th Street is where Lindsey started.

069-1.jpg

:bow: :clap::clap::clap::clap::bow:

Now that is what I call a sleuth (tips hat off to amandareckon)

July 1, 2009
Updated 35 minutes ago.
<snipped>

Since Lindsey has yet to be found by authorities, Scott also says it is unlikely Lindsey ran away. "The likelihood that Lindsey is a runaway or that she has, of her own volition, disappeared is becoming less and less."

Search efforts are continuing for the young girl. "Knocking on doors, talking to people, following up on those leads; a much more directed search and rescue approach," says Scott.

People from the community are trying to aid in the search and Scott says police are still searching. "Continuing to use searchers, continuing to use dogs but sending them into areas that we want to look again because of some clue or some anecdotal information that has been provided by a community member."

Speaking about the town of McCleary, Scott says, "its a really small community and a very small geographical area within that community and we've exhausted that search to the extent that we really feel confident that nothing is there."

Though search tactics remain the same, Scott says authorities are widening their range. "We're looking into the outlying areas, we're starting to explore the logging roads miles outside of town as opposed to just outside the city limits."

Artricle:

:angel:

I'll add the links to the news articles I posted from today here in this post for reference for everyone!

Expert: Missing girl likely went with someone she knew
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09

VIDEO FROM THE AssociatedPress~Officials: No Sign of Missing Washington Girl 1:07
Search intensifies for missing 10-year old Washington girl
Missing Washington Girl's Mother Thinks She's Alive, But Out of the Area
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09

She&#8217;s no runaway, family says

Young Girl Disappears On 10 Minute Walk Home
Searchers &#8220;not going anywhere&#8221;
Hundreds gather for Baum vigil

Hundreds light candles for missing McCleary girl

Coast Guard Stops Search For Possible Missing Person After Bicycle Was Found Abandoned On Ferry
Missing McCleary Girl: 5 Days And Still No Sign Of Lindsey Baum

Those are all of the articles from today's new releases carried over to tthe new thread! :wink

:angel:

some shots looking from that thru street down the two sides streets she was walking . some angles from the gas station that would have been caught on their survellance cameras so we know where she didn't walk. shots from the approx locations she was last seen looking toward the direction she would have continued walking. any business, empty buildings, apt complexes, dumpster locations within the area.

LOL Kat, I just need pictures is all!
I can't keep all the people straight and areas, etc unless I have a visual.

More pics here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/

Looking at their MySpace compared to hearing the way they speak is just a night and day. These are little girls. I mean-- not teens, not even tweens, just little girls.

i do have a video camera....im still working on hubby....:)

And while I'm still irked :D heh sorry...

Who set that account up for the Lindsey Baum fund?
Who's name(s) are registered as users (can access the funds)
Why was it set up within 3 days of the child being missing and it was unknown if she would be found quicky or not?
How is that money going to be spent?

Just curious is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members