"Catch Me Killer" - Claimed to Have Murdered Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnHS

Reaction score
Website
www.backwardsate.com
On February 4, 2009 a person who had a screen name of “Catchmekiller” on You Tube made a comment on my You Tube Video about Tara Grinstead (below is a copy of my email notice):
catchmekiller has made a comment on [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th0bMuAw-tc&feature=channel_page"]Marcus Harper says "Her wrist(s). Tied this up."[/COLO[/nomedia]:
This Man Doesn't Have Thae Ability To Kill.
You Reverse Speech To Find A Man Guilty?Reverse Mine See If I Am Innocent

On February 5, 2009 he made a comment claiming to be the killer of Tara Grinstead (below is a copy of my email notice which he later removed from the site a few days later):
catchmekiller has made a comment on [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th0bMuAw-tc&feature=channel_page"]Marcus Harper says "Her wrist(s). Tied this up."[/COLO[/nomedia]:
Reversing Ones Speech Is Not A Science. It Is A Theory, Seeing A How Mankind Knows Nothing About The Subconscious, Other Than The Theory's Of Another. I Know For A Fact That This Man Did Not Kill Her. I Can Tell You What She Was Wearing On The Hour Of Her Last Breath.

For those that may not know, simply put Speech Reversals are messages from our unconscious mind embedded backward into speech.

This person challenged me to find if he is innocent through reverse speech analysis, while claiming to be Tara's killer and 15 others. I ignored him for several days assuming he was a crank looking for attention, and I really didn't want to spend my time finding speech reversals on him. But in the end it was bothering me that this person could post something like his video, and decided to take his challenge to see what could be found in his reversals.

His “game” in the video was to provide clues to the whereabouts of his victim's bodies. He has since removed the video and deleted his account. He tried disguising his voice electronically in the video. I have the audio from the video (Click to hear the MP3). I have increased the pitch by 20% to try and normalize his voice. You will notice the audio appears to end abruptly, but that was purposely done on his part. At the end of the video he scrolled his "clue" on the screen.

On February 23, 2009 I posted my findings on my website Backward State.
His reverse speech seems to indicate he has had nothing to do with Tara's disappearance, it does seem to indicate he did this video for attention. Below are the reverse speech findings:

I've decided to confess a few things. I've decided to do it on You Tube because there are millions of people that can help play my game.
I am not a killer.

Each person out there that decides to play my game, has the chance to become an actual hero. You have the chance to become something that I'm not.
I like this. Much desiring it. I like discussing it.

The only clues that I'm giving you, are clues never released by the press, or by police department.
Sheriff of Ocilla will manage a referral. We need this where I was employed. (Does this reversal mean he had to have a background check for a job he had, which he was cleared by the Sheriff's department? If so, wouldn't this be another indicator he is not a criminal?)

The IP address that this is being down loaded from...
I forego my medicine.

...and uploaded to, are two completely different IP addresses. You'll never be able to track which one is which. The IP address will bounce every 33 seconds. That's why you won't be able to find me.
I will prefer to be caught.

This is going to be your first clue. And I'll give you a clue to the first video. And the clue where the key for the first video is...
There is no proof in it.

The first person to solve this first video, I'm going to have you send me an email. I'll post the address for the email...
Are you excited?

On June 30, 2009 "Catch Me Killer" was identified as Andrew Haley. He was indicted for making false statements and evidence tampering. On July 2, 2009 he turned himself in. If reverse speech analysis has accurately shown Andrew Haley was not involved in Tara Grinstead's disappearance, could reverse speech analysis reveal who may be?

Shawn, this is an interesting development. Do you know which division of LE Andrew Haley turned himself into? Was it in Georgia? Just curious.

Perhaps he knows who took Tara and he is trying to cover for them. I would sure like to know who Andrew Haley might know in Ocilla.

Do you know which division of LE Andrew Haley turned himself into? Was it in Georgia?

Perhaps he knows who took Tara and he is trying to cover for them. I would sure like to know who Andrew Haley might know in Ocilla.

He is from Gainesville, FL. I don't know where he turned himself in. It does not appear he knows anybody from Ocilla. Just somebody looking for attention, and looks like he's getting it.

Shawn, I got an email from a friend today with a link to a report about the charges against this guy.

http://www.macon.com/149/story/765242.html

It looks like he is in quite a lot of trouble. As he should be. The grief he has caused the families is enough to lock him up.

Well i cant speak for all of you ,,actually i can't speak for any of you but tonight on JVM or Jane Valez Mitchell . Tonight they showed the kesse's and the mugshot of that brain surgon that came up with this little stunt on youtube . And it was as i knew' when i seen it a 100% HOAX ..What a moron i mean jesus get a life and put yourself in the familly's shoes . just imagine them seeing that for the first time and getting that glimmer of hope for one minute, only then to realize he is saying he is the killer . I mean dont you think the grinsteads and the kesse's have alot more to deal with then some moron using the net to block his voice and his face to say i killed your daughters .I dont know about tara as much but i do know he even went on the kesse's missing website and did it on there also then laughing while asking if they wanted help finding her ..I hope they prove a point with this guy and make this guy the posterboy for what to fear if u pull a stunt like this one ..jail time .for a long time if u ask me....
I appologise if i am sounding to profanitty based ,,But this guy if u can even call him a man he just took it to far we have enough problems to deal with in this world like the real killers we dont need someone like this making it more complicated u know even if it took one week to find him and figure it out that he was just goofing around thats 7 days lost in the real cases is how i look at it...

I do believe this nut-job went to court last week. He was, IIRC, found guilty, but I'm not sure of his sentencing. He was claiming "freedom of speech". :loser:

Gainesville man found guilty in YouTube video hoax
Man gets 2 years in work-release jail for making false claims

Connie Grinstead, stepmother of missing Ocilla woman Tara Grinstead, said she held on to hope that her stepdaughter, missing since October 2005, would still be alive.

“On the day I found out about your video, you robbed me of that hope,” Grinstead said.​

DA considers legislation following Internet hoax trial​
Lee Darragh said it would pertain specifically to cases like the one involving Andrew Scott Haley, a Gainesville man found guilty earlier this month for falsley claiming to be a serial killer on YouTube.​

True examples of Reverse Speech has proven to be 100% accurate in the more than 27 years of research since its existence was discovered.

I made my findings of reverse speech from Andrew Haley available for public scrutiny that Andrew Haley was not the person who killed Tara Grinstead, or Jennifer Kess 15 months prior to his conviction.

I have examples of reverse speech from others surrounding this case including Marcus Harper, G.B.I. Agent Gary Rothwell, and Anita and Larry Gattis. I find 2 examples from Gary Rothwell to be of special interest. In one reversal he says "Lad is a cop, may arrest.", and in another he says "The ex is involved. Hasn't won yet.". In an interview with Greta Van Susteren, Marcus Harper was asked if he saw her on the afternoon Tara disappeared, and he indicated he had. He was also asked if there was anything unusual about that afternoon. He responded by saying she asked for a hug (A hug is unusual?), but in a reversal he said " And now I wished deceased.". It would seem she wanted a hug, and he wanted her dead!

Shawn, without linking me to your website, please link me to the proof that reverse speech is a recognized technique used by law enforcement.

To date, I have not seen anything regarding this concept that is independent-IIRC Christine2448 requested that we do a blind trial where a tape was reversed and people were allowed to listen to it prior to your analysis being printed. Has that happened and I missed it?

Shawn, without linking me to your website, please link me to the proof that reverse speech is a recognized technique used by law enforcement.

To date, I have not seen anything regarding this concept that is independent-IIRC Christine2448 requested that we do a blind trial where a tape was reversed and people were allowed to listen to it prior to your analysis being printed. Has that happened and I missed it?

Interesting thing about your statement. First of all I have not made one reference to L.E. using or not using reverse speech analysis to help aid in an investigation. Nor is there anything in this thread referencing a "blind trial". Therefore it would seem to me you are attempting to make a "straw man" argument:

Straw man
source: SourceWatch
The straw man fallacy occurs when a statement misrepresents or invents an opponent's view (sometimes even the opponent is invented) in order to easily discredit it. The straw man fallacy does not consist of stating an opponent's position, but only in stating it inaccurately. The straw man argument is intended to give the appearance of successfully refuting the original argument, thus creating the impression that it has refuted a position that someone actually holds. A straw man is constructed expressly for the purpose of knocking it down.
Wikipedia lists several different ways to set up a straw man:
1. Present one of your opponent's weaker arguments, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted all of their arguments.
2. Present your opponent's argument in weakened form, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted the original.
3. Present a misrepresentation of your opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted your opponent's actual position.
4. Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute their arguments, and pretend that you've refuted every argument for that position.
5. Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, and pretend that that person represents a group that the speaker is critical of.

Investigators were able to find a murder weapon based upon Reverse Speech analysis revealed from a suspect in a murder investigation. Would you say that constitutes L.E. using Reverse Speech as a "recognized technique" to help aid in an investigation? The specifics of the case are available on the web with a little research. If the Oregon State Police were to take an accredited course on Reverse Speech analysis, would you say that may be considered a "recognized technique used by L.E."? Specifics also available on the web.

Really interested in a "blind trial"? A quote from the link to a video that is below: "Self-described "skeptics" insist that listeners can only hear speech reversals when prompted by "pre-suggestion." In this video, we put that claim to the test": Watch The Reverse Speech Blind Test Video | [email]Break.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com[/email]/643954@@AMEPARAM@@643954

Interesting thing about your statement. First of all I have not made one reference to L.E. using or not using reverse speech analysis to help aid in an investigation. Nor is there anything in this thread referencing a "blind trial". Therefore it would seem to me you are attempting to make a "straw man" argument:

Straw man

source: SourceWatch
The straw man fallacy occurs when a statement misrepresents or invents an opponent's view (sometimes even the opponent is invented) in order to easily discredit it. The straw man fallacy does not consist of stating an opponent's position, but only in stating it inaccurately. The straw man argument is intended to give the appearance of successfully refuting the original argument, thus creating the impression that it has refuted a position that someone actually holds. A straw man is constructed expressly for the purpose of knocking it down.
Wikipedia lists several different ways to set up a straw man:
1. Present one of your opponent's weaker arguments, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted all of their arguments.
2. Present your opponent's argument in weakened form, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted the original.
3. Present a misrepresentation of your opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that you have refuted your opponent's actual position.
4. Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute their arguments, and pretend that you've refuted every argument for that position.
5. Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, and pretend that that person represents a group that the speaker is critical of.

Investigators were able to find a murder weapon based upon Reverse Speech analysis revealed from a suspect in a murder investigation. Would you say that constitutes L.E. using Reverse Speech as a "recognized technique" to help aid in an investigation? The specifics of the case are available on the web with a little research. If the Oregon State Police were to take an accredited course on Reverse Speech analysis, would you say that may be considered a "recognized technique used by L.E."? Specifics also available on the web.

Really interested in a "blind trial"? A quote from the link to a video that is below: "Self-described "skeptics" insist that listeners can only hear speech reversals when prompted by "pre-suggestion." In this video, we put that claim to the test": Watch The Reverse Speech Blind Test Video | Break.com

I am not going to search for a link to your claims because as I have made it clear, I do not believe at all in this technique. I do not find an evolutionary basis for people speaking backwards and then speaking forwards. It is reminiscent of the Army experiments covered by the book "Men Who Stare at Goats." It is akin to people claiming paranormal powers solve cases. JMVHO.

I have no idea where Reverse Speech falls into any of that or if it does at all. I am perplexed that a technique you keep claiming has solved cases and is 100% accurate does not seem to have universal acclaim and standing in the Law Enforcement community. Why is that? I can find multiple references to forensic hypnosis for example. Perhaps I have simply missed the launch of that acclaim from the FBI.

The quotes from Connie Grinstead speak volumes to me regarding the devestation that loved ones of missing people go through-in a high profile case like Tara's the hoaxer's and scammers come out in full force, claiming to have the answer because they dreamed it, felt it, their dowsing rod quivered, whatever.

The human mind has a natural desire to "fill in the blanks" when sound is heard. If you tell me first what I should hear, chances are that suggestion is all I will need to hear it to.

I will let Christine2448 know that you are offering a recording for a blind trial!!!

Until someone can show me a legitimate case of reverse speech being used to help solve a police investigation, and I am not talking private detectives, then there really isn't a place for this topic on Websleuths.

Sorry but if reverse speech really worked don't you think we would be using it like mad all over the world?

To start a discussion based on reverse speech does nothing to truly help solve a case. In addition this hurts Websleuths credibility.

You all are fantastic sleuthers and posters. Stick to the facts and what we know works.

Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads