NC NC - Joseph D'Aquisto, 60, Asheville, 11 Jan 2002

Seifsister

Reaction score
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2242

Case Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status Missing
First Name Joseph
Middle Name Paul
Last Name D'Aquisto Sr
Nickname(s) Joe
NCIC Number M-113865021
Date LKA January 11, 2002 - 00:00
Age 60 to 60 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height 71.0 inches
Weight 150.0 pounds

Circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City Asheville
State North Carolina
Zip Code
County Buncombe
Circumstances BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

According to Lissa, Joseph left his home in Asheville on January 11, 2002, after he and his wife had a disagreement. He has not been seen or heard from since. Six months later, his truck was found in Tennessee off I-81 at a La Quinta. A security officer working there told Lissa the vehicle had been there for several months. She says her father knew the route well, using it to travel to New York when visiting relatives.

Lissa says it is too painful to speculate about what could have happened to her father. But Joseph was an avid photographer who always had his camera and the night he disappeared, both his wallet and camera were left behind. Lissa says that whatever happened to her father, it happened quickly. He would have never left his camera behind and in fact, he had plans to take it into work the next week to take photos.

Physical Characteristics

Hair Color Black
Head Hair black/grey hair balding
Body Hair
Facial Hair
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

Father Disappears, Truck Found in Tenn.
By NC WANTED Staff

Posted: Aug 29, 2008
Updated: Aug 29, 2008

BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

According to Lissa, Joseph left his home in Asheville on January 11, 2002, after he and his wife had a disagreement. He has not been seen or heard from since. Six months later, his truck was found in Tennessee off I-81 at a La Quinta. A security officer working there told Lissa the vehicle had been there for several months. She says her father knew the route well, using it to travel to New York when visiting relatives.

Lissa says it is too painful to speculate about what could have happened to her father. But Joseph was an avid photographer who always had his camera and the night he disappeared, both his wallet and camera were left behind. Lissa says that whatever happened to her father, it happened quickly. He would have never left his camera behind and in fact, he had plans to take it into work the next week to take photos.

Joseph is white and balding with black/gray hair and brown eyes. He is 5’11 and weighs 150 pounds. He goes by the name “Joe." Today he turns 67. He was 60 years old when he disappeared.

If you have information on the disappearance of Joseph D'Aquisto, call NC WANTED toll free at 1.866.43.WANTED (1.866.439.2683) or click on "Report a Tip" Your identity can be kept confidential.

By NC WANTED Staff

BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

Joseph is white and balding with black/gray hair and brown eyes. He is 5’11 and weighs 150 pounds. He goes by the name “Joe." Today he turns 67. He was 60 years old when he disappeared.

If you have information on the disappearance of Joseph D'Aquisto, call NC WANTED toll free at 1.866.43.WANTED (1.866.439.2683) or click on "Report a Tip" Your identity can be kept confidential.

Individual Case Report
Unidentified Person
identifyus.org – namus.gov
ME/C Contact Information
Name: Denise Overton
Agency: Forensic Medical
Phone Number: 6157431800
E-mail Address: doverton@forensicmed.com

Case Information
NamUs-UP #: 552
Case Number: 02-2003
NCIC Number: N/A
Date Found: 2002-08-08 00:00:00
Date Entered: 2007-08-16 14:30:00
Date Modified: 2009-05-28 14:40:00
GPS Found: Lat: 36.150741, Long: -86.729207
Address Found: 1307 Lebanon Pike
Nashville, TN
Davidson County

Demographics and Circumstances
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 60
Minimum Age: 40 years
Maximum Age: 55 years
Race: Unsure
Ethnicity: N/A
Sex: Male
Weight (lbs.): 0, Cannot Estimate
Height (inch): 70, Estimated
Condition: Partial Skeleton
Probable Year of Death: 2002
Est. Postmortem Interval: 6 Months
DNA Profile Status: N/A
Circumstances of Death: Remains discovered in woodland area behind church. Estimated that death had occurred between 2 months and one year.

Body Details
No Details Available
Body Parts Inventory: Head Not Recovered, Limbs Not Recovered, Hands Not Recovered

Fingerprint Classification
RT N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
LT N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Fingerprint Comments
N/A

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
No Details Available

Dental
Dental Summary:
Upper
Right 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Upper
Left

Lower
Right Lower
Left
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

Dental Comments:

Photos
There are currently no photos available for this case.

There is a lot of distance between that exit on I-81 and Lebanon Pike in Nashville/ Davidson County. That would be more than 175 miles. If he was that far away from his truck, he was obviously abducted by someone. I wonder if it would be considered normal for an adult abduction, particularly a male abduction to be taken that far, and then killed.

The other obvious alternative is that he was killed at the La Quinta and then his body dumped in Nashville area. Wonder if there is a truck stop there by the La Quinta ?

At any rate, this family needs closure so I hope you submitted this.

I HAVE TALKED TO DET. ON HIS CASE WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT THIS DOE. THEY SAID HE WAS LAST SPOTTED IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE. THEY DO BELIEVE HE WAS KIDNAPPED, I HAVE ENCLOSED A COPY OF A STORY ABOUT JOSEPH. SORRY CAPS MY CAP BUTTON IS STUCK ON THIS COMP. LOL

Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

OTHER LINKS

Report A Tip
Join Mailing List
By NC WANTED Staff

there is a lot of distance between that exit on i-81 and lebanon pike in nashville/ davidson county. That would be more than 175 miles. If he was that far away from his truck, he was obviously abducted by someone. I wonder if it would be considered normal for an adult abduction, particularly a male abduction to be taken that far, and then killed.

The other obvious alternative is that he was killed at the la quinta and then his body dumped in nashville area. Wonder if there is a truck stop there by the la quinta ?

At any rate, this family needs closure so i hope you submitted this.

they have already collect dna of his mother. Tennessee is submitting dna now of john doe. Looks like it is the only way he can be identified.

Joseph is still missing :(

2013:

Investigators with the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office tell the Times-News that his disappearance remains an active but cold case, with no charges placed and an investigation continuing.

And while Felzer admits the discovery of her father’s truck ultimately proved to be just a brief, false hope, she refuses to abandon her search...

"I know that if I disappeared he wouldn’t stop looking for me," said Felzer, voice cracking as she fights to suppress her tears. "So I’m not going to stop looking for him.

"I want somebody to see his face on the billboard, and at least tell me where he is. Because he doesn’t deserve to be laying on the side of the road or in the woods."

http://www.timesnews.net/News/2013/...t-for-missing-father-to-Blountville-billboard

• joseph_paul_daquisto_sr._1.jpg
  • joseph_paul_daquisto_sr._2.jpg
  • joseph_paul_daquisto_sr._3.jpg
  • joseph_paul_daquisto_sr._4.jpg
D'Aquisto, circa 2002

updated story July 1, 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics