WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is from the last page of LB thread #3:

Originally Posted by mistivon
OK, so when the family friend sent J home pushing a broken bike...didn't mom at that time realize LB was alone? She didn't call KK? Where else would a kid go with a broken bike?

My reply:

"My questions, exactly! It doesn't add up....JMO>"

Also, like Scandi, I am interested in where the unconfirmed sighting of Lindsey at the Capitol Forest campground (the scene of an arson fire one week later) was reported....I apparently missed that one!

TIA.

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”
It's from the daily world paper. My favorites crashed again, gotta dig thru the media thread, I know it there.

I know a lot of us have agonized over the above quote and I got to staring at it myself this morning. It's an odd statement for LE to make, and it leads me to wonder if it is a misprint or misquote altogether. It's wasted words. The statement that the person knew it was Lindsey is one thing, but why mention they were on their way to work. That adds nothing to the validity of the statement, why say it?
Sorry, I just can't understand.

Wasn't me who posted about an unconfirmed sighting, but I'll go look around and see if I can find anything.
First I've heard of it, actually

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

I know a lot of us have agonized over the above quote and I got to staring at it myself this morning. It's an odd statement for LE to make, and it leads me to wonder if it is a misprint or misquote altogether. It's wasted words. The statement that the person knew it was Lindsey is one thing, but why mention they were on their way to work. That adds nothing to the validity of the statement, why say it?
It doesn't add anything to the statement or story for me either.

And just because LE can't place Lindsey as going to Simpson, does not mean she didn't go there. They only have the word of this person who saw her on Maple. She could have gone in any direction after that sighting. She didn't have to be home for 45 minutes and it leaves quite a window there, imo.

Here is where the Capitol Forest sighting was mentioned in the Forensic Astrology Thread:

I'm finding all of this very interesting. I just wish some of it struck a stronger cord so there would be an "aha" moment.
The astro charts for the perp said he may be a laborer, working with the land and one who is physically fit...but vain. This is a big logging area and most, but not all loggers are muscular in stature.
As to layoffs in the area...we have had tons of them all over. Any other time and that might be a strong clue, at this time however, it describes over a third of the population, if not more.
Do you see anything about how the perp may dispose of the body, if that is what has come to play?
I ask because there was a sighting of Lindsey in Capital Forest (10-15 min drive from McCleary) on Saturday, June 27 that was unconfirmed. Then late in the afternoon on July 3rd, there was a fire started in Capital forest that is believed to be an arson. It was started in an area that was recently replanted after having been logged. http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070309-capitolforestfire,0,2450231.story May be nothing but a coincidence, I'll let you decide.

I agree! sort of like the suitcase issue with huckaby/sandra cantu....? i think is strange that 2 out of 2 sightings are by this same person as well, has the 3rd sighting been confirmed? also tho this statement came from kk's posts on sm....so maybe its just more strangeness from that direction? i just want her to be found safe and brought home...im starting to feel that that is just not realistic at this point, i just hope she is found soon :(

But where did the unconfirmed sighting come from?

Apparently all we know is that Gailrene, a new poster (joined July 1, 2009) and local to McCleary, mentioned it on the Forensic Astrology thread. Maybe she will see this and help us out!

JMO

If a local knew about the fire, surely the many units of investigators in the area ATM have searched that area - right?

Hi Not_my_kids, I'm glad he said it as it got me thinkin'! lol

I got a post response from KaraK at SM last night which I really appreciated.

She said SS to, as far as she knows they live somewhere in the area of 5th or 6th on Simpson St on Kara's side which means it is a hop skip and a jump from Maple. She is going to see what she can find out today.

That means this 1st witness lived pretty close to KK's home, within a few blocks, that is if KaraK finds out anything today to confirm that.

Talking here about the person who first saw Lindsay walking back home on Maple, now also confirmed as the same person who had sent Josh home 1/2 hr earlier from behind the Shell gas station on the other side of 3rd st.

So it could well be that Lindsay got to 6th, seen by both MK and the 1st witness, and did take an alternate route by turning right on 6th. That is why I believe so much time was spent searching JM's property and the creek area with field adjoining it.

What that boils down to I am not sure yet. xox

There are several news stories about the fire....I think it burned something like 14 acres off an old logging road (uh oh). They found the incendiary device used to incite/ignite the fire, so they know it is arson, but there has been no mention of Lindsey in any article.

I thought it was to confirm the time she saw Lindsey. She knows it was Lindsey and she knows it was at 9:15 because she was on her way to work.

Lemme repeat this...the witness who sent Josh home because the two were fighting is the same witness who saw Lindsey last? Have they done a poly on this witness? I know it is a small town, but.... Need to cover all bases!

Talking here about the person who first saw Lindsay walking back home on Maple, now also confirmed as the same person who had sent Josh home 1/2 hr earlier from behind the Shell gas station on the other side of 3rd st.

Sorry for the snip. OK, so if not the witness, could the suspect be a member of the witness' family, or a customer, employee or someone who delivers items to that Shell station and overheard that Lindsey was going to be on her own at that point?

I thought it was to confirm the time she saw Lindsey. She knows it was Lindsey and she knows it was at 9:15 because she was on her way to work.
You are probably right. It was a confirmation she knew the time because of her work schedule.

I hope LE checked her vehicle. She admits she was on her way out of town and is the last person to see Lindsey.

Wasn't me who posted about an unconfirmed sighting, but I'll go look around and see if I can find anything.
First I've heard of it, actually

Oh, I'm so sorry. I thought it was you. It was on the Astro Lindsay thread. Be back to correct that. xox

I have been trying to find any info about this unconfirmed sighting of Lindsey around the area this fire broke out in Capital Forest, and I cant find anything . Was this heard on the local news or something ? TIA

You are probably right. It was a confirmation she knew the time because of her work schedule.

I hope LE checked her vehicle. She admits she was on her way out of town and is the last person to see Lindsey.

I sure wish we could get a name for this woman!! KK said on the other site she didn't know the woman. I wonder how well she knew MB? I bet she didn't know her that well. Just because the kids hung out does not mean the parents really knew each other. It amazes me that I have had kids come over to stay with my daughter and have never met the parents just talked to the mom on the phone once. Some people are just to trusting.

Sorry for the snip. OK, so if not the witness, could the suspect be a member of the witness' family, or a customer, employee or someone who delivers items to that Shell station and overheard that Lindsey was going to be on her own at that point?
Supposedly this woman was a "friend" of Lindsey's family. This would mean the rest of her family probably did know Lindsey. Could she be covering for one of them?

I can't imagine what would have been delivered to the Shell station on a Friday night after 8:00 pm unless it is when the Saturday paper comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff