Arrested "Johns" shamed with photos on web

Sky

Inactive
Reaction score
Arrested 'Johns' shamed with photos on Web

Associated Press
Jun. 10, 2004 08:10 AM

DALLAS - Dallas police hope a little exposure will get "Johns" to think twice.

The DPD is posting pictures on its Web of men busted for soliciting prostitution.

The Internet page not only has pictures of the alleged Johns, but their names, birth dates and hometowns, too. The photo gallery is under the heading of "indecency related offenses," and police officials say it's pretty popular.

Lt. John Dagen says in the first 24 hours alone, the site had more than 4,100 hits.

He said they even had two women call the department, after hearing their husbands' pictures were posted on the Web site.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0610johns-exposed-ON.html

Sky

I guess they get their 15 minutes of fame whether they like it or not!:D

now you know where to go to find an available man...

Sadly this also shames the families and children of these men. Not a good thing to do in my opinion. I'd hate to think of little school children having to deal with this.

Fleur Delacour said:
Sadly this also shames the families and children of these men. Not a good thing to do in my opinion. I'd hate to think of little school children having to deal with this.

Well maybe the husband/father shouldve thought about that BEFORE entering into illegal activity! Its not LE's fault-its the mans!

Im all for this! Its about time for the "Johns" to be punished as its the "customers" who drive the business (no customers,no "hookers").
They used to just let the guys go with a warning which was no deterrent.

I think this is a good deterrent. Now they will have to think twice about their choices. Any person engaging in criminal activity runs the risk of shaming their families. This actually gives them one more thing to think about before they engage in risky behavior, and hopefully they will make a better choice, keeping their families out of shame and protecting themselves from a worse fate of contracting a life threatening disease.

Here in Denver, where I live they have been posting convicted Johns' pictures on a public TV channel. One weekly regional paper was going to publish photos also. Looked like most guys were lowlifes who didn't have much to lose. I guess its OK to do, but maybe the girls should get equal exposure??

vicktor said:
Here in Denver, where I live they have been posting convicted Johns' pictures on a public TV channel. One weekly regional paper was going to publish photos also. Looked like most guys were lowlifes who didn't have much to lose. I guess its OK to do, but maybe the girls should get equal exposure??
Sounds fair to me!

I think they need to legalize it and tax it (and make sure it sees the doctor)!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back