Searches & Search Team information

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This thread is for searches and search teams - and the latest on who is searching and where.

I'd like to start this thread by saying that I am BUGGED by the fact the dogs aren't picking up ANY scent. NG mentioned it on her show again tonight. :waitasec:

Ooops. Forgot I made this thread! I'll change the title of the other one. Thanks, SS! :blowkiss:

Please note, the dates noted are the dates it was "reported" And this is a very incomplete listing. It stops midway only through July 3rd reports. So much still left to detail.

June 28, 2009
- Reported that McCleary Police set up the initial search, but called in the Sheriffs Office at 4 a.m.,
- Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.
- FBI joins search

Monday, June 29, 2009
- National Guard chopper joins search
- Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott says search and rescue volunteers and others combed the area Saturday where the girl was last seen but "didn't yield anything."
- Scott says there's no evidence of foul play, but his agency is "beginning to investigate with that possibility in mind."
- Bloodhounds failed to pick up any scent of the child along the route.
- A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.
"We searched all of the outlying area of the logging roads... and up the highway, and along the railroad tracks," said volunteer Stephanie Ross.
- Search dogs were being used this morning in marshy areas surrounding McCleary
- Tami Koethe, a cashier at a neighborhood Shell Station, said local law enforcement reviewed video as part of the search.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
- they wanted to check her last known whereabouts thoroughly
- Investigators monitored Lindsey Baum’s MySpace page but said the account has been inactive since she vanished and she left no posts indicating she was planning to leave.
- Searching the Wildcat Creeks on Monday, the Thurston County Sheriff's Office dive team didn’t find any signs of the missing girl.
- Cadets from the Civil Air Patrol are also joining the growing search party
- Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads
- Scott said that there were a few businesses located just off the street Lindsey would have used to get home, and while the little girl did not appear in any of the videos, police have received clues about who was in the area at the time she disappeared

July 01, 2009
- A Washington State Patrol airplane was used Tuesday in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum
- searchers will also head down private logging roads that have been locked and forest lands located within 3 to 5 miles of McCleary. The search has also expanded to parts of Thurston and Mason counties.
- A video camera that can detect heat couldn’t be used because the ground was emanating too much heat. Unfortunately, Scott said the camera can’t be used today because of the same conditions.
- Searchers on horseback looked for signs of Lindsey in McCleary and on nearby trails in areas they could reach.
- A dive team was called in to search through swamps and creeks, and a National Guard helicopter shot aerial photos that were being analyzed
- Two Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Officials worked endlessly Wednesday sorting through one-third of McCleary’s garbage, hoping to find a clue that could lead to Lindsey.
“We're looking for any signs of evidence of the missing girl. We're looking for clothing Lindsey may have been wearing," said Chief Deputy Dave Pimentel. “And of course the un-talkable."

July 2, 2009
- Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott told Q13 FOX News that crews have thoroughly searched the area around McCleary
- more than a dozen agents working on the case in rotating shifts, including agents with their child abduction response team. They're talking to neighbors, relatives and anyone who was in the area when Lindsey disappeared
- Behavioral profilers have also offered input on any potential kidnappers.
- Scott said the search would have to continue to expand beyond the city limits, targeting logging roads or other remote areas farther afield. But he vowed it would go on as long as necessary.
(bolded by me)

07/03/2009
- Mason County Sheriff's Deputies have been asked to assist in the investigation of the disappearance of 10-year-old Lindsey J. Baum of McCleary.
- Mason County Detectives have also assisted the investigation by verifying addresses and providing information to the investigation about registered sex offenders in west Mason County.

Keep in mind, this is an incomplete timeline as I had to cut away for a while. I can certainly continue if it helps. I'm sure there are several other items of significance that I did not find, but that you recall hearing of. Please feel free to edit I just kinda found it pretty interesting when I began to chronicle the search efforts - thereby keeping a record of sorts of where they looked and what help was reached out for when.

Then again, I could stop obsessing and bake the fam a cake or something.

Na ~ :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back