Jennifer's Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please list any information related to Jennifer's car here:

This is an article from January 2006 describing the circumstances of the discovery:

Orlando police have found the car of Jennifer Kesse, a 24-year-old woman missing since early this week. (Click photo at left to enlarge.) A woman in an apartment complex less than two miles from Kesse's Mall at Millenia area condo noticed the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu and called police shortly after 8 a.m. this morning.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2006/01/missing_orlando.html

The surveillance videotape was released on Thursday, May 17, 2007:

A man videotaped parking a car belonging to missing Jennifer Kesse at an Orlando apartment complex was called a suspect by police Thursday during a press conference announcing the release of new surveillance video in the case.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/13338700/detail.html

The video shows Jennifer Kesse's black Chevy Malibu driving into the Huntington on the Green condos around noon on the very day the 24-year-old failed to show up to work. The driver meticulously parks the car, even adjusting his parking before leaving the car. He walks all the way around the pool and then he was captured on surveillance snapshots from a different camera.

http://www.wftv.com/news/13338923/detail.html

The inside of Jennifer's car provided more frustration for investigators and her family: there was no sign of a struggle, no blood, no identifiable fingerprints except for Jennifer's.

But there was one item found that bothered detectives: a DVD player.

That DVD player hadn't been stolen. Asked what that tells him, Sgt. Brennan says, "It didn’t appear that it was a robbery. Didn’t appear that it was a car theft. It didn't appear that it was a carjacking."

Page 5:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397.shtml

(Note: Jennifer’s story starts on page 4.)

*Mods: Please delete if it poses copyright infringement.*

For anyone new to the case, the information in posts #2 thru #8 are the major facts concerning Jennifer's vehicle. They were placed together here for easy and convenient access.

Thanks, Harmony2 for pulling this together.

Interesting that they didn't provide any pics of the view through the rear seat area. :waitasec:

I didn't see a date on when the 13 pics of the impounded car had been taken. So...dunno how much time had passed. Also don't know to what, if any, degree the interior had been disturbed. Noted the pic of the evidence seal on the car, hence, I assume the interior was not disturbed.

In the 13 pics there is a close-up of what appears to be the armrest/handle of the rear driver's-side door (pic 3) on which there appears to be what I'd describe to be something like a splattering of drywall mud...or the result of a light dusting of drywall mud dust that got wet. Hard to tell what it is from the pics...and I realize the construction-worker angle is tainting my example...still...best way I can describe it IYKWIM. There was enough interest in this for the photographer to capture it...was anything ever stated by LE about this?

No pics of the DVD player in the backseat released? Any statements about it being in a box? Not in a box?

Perhaps one of the most valuable things from the 13 pics I see is the position of the driver's seat in a couple of pics. Anyone w/ access to the same model car could position the driver's seat in the same relative position (front of seat vs. markers on the tunnel) and get an idea of the comfort level it would be for a driver of Jennifer's height...of the POI's height (don't know what these are off the top of my head...maybe close enough that it is a moot point).

The position of the passengers seat may actually be slightly forward of the driver's seat, but, not by much. Didn't Jennifer & her boyfriend just drive in the morning before? Depending on which one of them drove last it seems the other seat would be in a position to accommodate the other person. IOW...the driver's seat could have reasonably been adjusted to fit Jennifer, Jennifer's boyfriend, or the POI...(or perhaps none required sig change). So....maybe nothing, but, does anyone have height on all three peeps handy?

Ok, I have been thinking about the drivers seat lately, though I kinda got lost on what bond was saying.
Since it has been guessed the POI is so short, no way would he have been able to drive at the same position Jennifer would have had the seat. Any info on this anywhere?

SuperKyle posted a link on another thread about new photos which surfaced on the inside of Jenn's vehicle. I am going to post those photos here to keep them organized and together with the other photos of the car...

Kessevehicleinterior.png

073010-jennifer-kesse_tmb0001_20100730191828_640_480.JPG

Kessebackseat.png

close-upbackseatKesse.png

images from this link:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/073010new-photos-surface-in-jennifer-kesse-case

The car being driven offsite implies a number of valuable inferences. It actually gives us a wealth of information about the crime.

FAMILIAR WITH COMPLEX/AREA Because Jennifer’s car was moved this almost certainly proves that the perpetrator came from within the complex itself. The reason is that the perp parks the car within the vicinity of the complex and presumably walks back toward the complex as the dog tracks the scent there. This eliminates the scenario of him say accosting Jennifer in some other place like a grocery store parking lot or at FedEx. From this, we can safely assume he was working construction or building maintenance. Another thing it might imply is that the perp was familiar with the general area since he parked it closeby and the complex the car was left in was known for drugs. It’s probably also a complex where illegal construction workers or other transient types would be residing (although probably not this perp).

WAS FAMILIAR WITH CAR Secondly, the car being stolen implies that he must have known or figured out which car was Jennifer’s without a lot of walking around. Obviously, if you have a car key you must figure out which car the key belongs to. This implies he might have seen her on more than one occasion. Secondly perhaps because of this he felt the need to move the car somewhere else in order to hide evidence that he might’ve felt the car was associated with him. This also tells us something about his personality, he wants to hide things.

ABDUCTION PROXIMATE TO CAR/PARKING LOT It has been posited that Jennifer was abducted either near her car or in the hall outside her apartment, somewhere on the way to her car, obviously at the complex. Being that her car was stolen, that implies she probably had her keys with her or was nearby. Another scenario is that the abductor conned his way inside her apartment using some ruse for example, needing to work on a electrical wiring or something like that (there was no sign of breaking and entering). It is common knowledge that Jennifer had prepared for work that morning and had taken a shower so she must have been there at some time.

NEED FOR PRIVACY Secondly, driving the car away could imply a scenario where this particular worker was afraid of being seen committing what was more than likely a sex crime or needed some privacy from the other workers so he needed to go offsite with Jennifer in the car with him, perhaps she was in the trunk or under a blanket. This seems risky since the perp could have been seen by others in the parking lot or driving by. This would also imply he was doing this alone. It may also be a possibility that the perpetrator did not own his own car but traveled with someone else to the work site. Finally, it’s also even possible that he walked to the work site from his own apartment somewhere in the area.

BODY/PERSON OFFSITE Yet another valuable thing that stealing the car would tell us is that the perp probably took her offsite to dispose of her or hide her. We can infer this because he moved the car offsite so he would probably feel the need to transport her offsite as well via a car as to dispose of the evidence. Since the perp took the car, Jennifer must have been either in the trunk or else maybe in the back and bound. This would eliminate the possibility that she was hidden in or near the complex, in my opinion, so we can stop searching locally and in the woods nearby. Jennifer is probably located within driving distance.

FOUR HOUR TIMEFRAME AND DIRECTION The car and videotape allows us to infer something about the timeframe and approximate distances. The car being parked at 12:00pm does not leave THAT much time for the perp to commit the crime and drive very far outside of town for example, hours away, that would imply that Jennifer Kesse alive or dead is probably located still within the Orlando metro area, for example within a 15 or 15 minute drive maximum as a ballpark figure. Let’s create a simple timeline, 7:45am – 8:30 am, abduct and bind her and move her, 8:30am-9:00am drive somewhere else 9:00am – 11:00am do bad things and who knows what else 11:00am-11:45am disposal or hiding of Jennifer, cleanup scene 11:45am-12:00pm drive back to other complex park car and appear on video 12:00-12:30pm walk back to Jennifer Kesse’s complex, and get back to work. In my opinion we can create a rough approximation of where Jennifer Kesse would be located. Since the perp needed time to do all these things, perhaps he drove for 15 or 25 minutes max times a max speed of 30 or 40 MPH in Orlando traffic would give us a radius of 7.5-16.6 miles away from the complex maximum and a search area of 56-277 square miles but probably closer than this. There is a second piece of information we can look at. The gas tank in the vehicle was about ½ full. This would imply that it was at about the same level as when she returned from her trip to Fort Lauderdale – however we must make an assumption that the perp himself did not refill the tank. Assuming that he drove somewhere else its probably further away than 1 mile so we can posit between 2 miles and 8 miles given the fact that the gas tank was not drained – this is a possible secondary crime scene. So that’s a search area of between 4 and 64 square miles. Lastly, there is something else that we can infer about where he parked the car. If the perp was indeed on his way back from hiding Jennifer and looking for some place to dump the car, the second apartment complex is in an easterly direction from Mosaic so of course we can infer that the perp dropped her off somewhere in an easterly direction between 2 and 8 miles away. One of the last things we can infer from the timeframe is that being that the perp was to complete this mission within a span of several hours, JK is probably located not more than 150 feet from some type of roadway or parking lot within this area because it would be too much of a rush to walk any further and still get back by 12:00pm. Perhaps the location is in an area the perp is already familiar with.

SECOND SCENARIO A different scenario is that he drove the car away from the complex in order to throw off the police even though the assault or abduction occurred at the complex, however I'm not sure that this scenario is one that I favor, since driving a victim’s car would create more risk for the perp so why drive it in the first place? Perhaps it is to give the impression that Jennifer had driven away and was not abducted. In this scenario, it’s also possible that the person or persons that took Jennifer’s body away from the complex at a time later after he returned back to Mosaic. This scenario would give the perp a little more time to commit the crime and cleanup.

THIRD SCENARIO Scenario #3 is unlikely but also possible is that there were two perpetrators, one of who was driving a construction vehicle. In this scenario I am envisioning that they might have accosted her near her car, grabbed her keys and put her in the van by force, then one took the construction van or truck with her inside and the other took Jennifer’s car and they traveled to another location to commit the crime. A construction van or painters van is a common thing to see at any construction site in the country and it offers a good place to hide a person. An assault could’ve then taken place within a van or in some secluded area in the woods they had driven to. Since he came back a few hours later to move the car, this crime scene could’ve been with the same distance.

OTHER INFERENCES The perp works as a painter or construction worker. As seen on camera, he is a slim build Hispanic male probably from a Central or South American country like Ecuador where people are on average. He is probably a transient illegal alien. More than likely he lives/lived in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood and speaks limited English like many other Floridians and is somewhat removed from the rest of American culture. In terms of personality the perp is an aloof, secretive loner who has more luck than intelligence, thinking in the moment. He does not have his own car and he is probably familiar with the Orlando area and other construction sites. He probably thoroughly hid the body and did not discuss the crime with others. He’s also somewhat of a disorganized criminal because he took the risk of being seen at his workplace and on camera and completed all of his actions within a few hours time.

I still lean to this day it was someone she knew in some capacity and really don't think that a construction worker or painter could have pulled this off with not a single trace of Jennifer besides her car being found almost 8 years later.

I still lean to this day it was someone she knew in some capacity and really don't think that a construction worker or painter could have pulled this off with not a single trace of Jennifer besides her car being found almost 8 years later.

Can you please explain to me about Jennifer's car being found almost 8 yrs. later??.......I thought and have read her car and POI was found 2 days after her going missing by the security camera plus I knew that OPD took her car in for testing after that...Is this a new development that her car was recently found??

Never underestimate what people care capable of, If this was as I think I Keyes driving and parking her car....believe me he was very capable...NOTHING not 1 piece or print was found in the Curriers car after he had driven it......He confessed he was proud he had been able to pull off all these kidnap and murders for over at least 1 decade without leaving anything behind for LE to find. and also if it was I. Keyes he may have not actually been working there, since he was a construction-carpenter all his adult life..it would have been just like him after all we have learned about this monster, to just hang around and blend in....more than likely making himself very aware of how the condo was made inside, the entry-ways.....the car....and knowing Keyes he could have been getting very familiar with times that he knew Jennifer left the home...the time she returned and etc....that is just seemingly the way this monster worked when he got an "URGE" as he called it
Please if you are family or friend.....Just go to the web....Push in the name KEYES....be sure to add the extra E....you can put in Keyes in Orlando....Keyes in Florida and etc.I feel much knowledge is there and some might be of help for LE or Family.....100% proven he has family members in Florida....School Friend lives in Daytona...and remember the pastor of the mega church in Orlando

In the Nov. 29th investigation tape they released, they told him they found a finger print on or in one of his known kill kits that he would travel and bury and you can just tell it totally SHOCKED him....his body movement says it all when he is told this.....This day FBI was showing him what they found when they did a 2 day search of that horrible run-down property of his in upper N.Y....They found a fire pit out back of this home, and from the looks of the photo's the lady investigator has I think he just lost it that day...I think he thought he was playing the investigators like a piece of a dumbness...and may I add, I feel he did at times,,,those laughs....those snarky comments, but something this day I personally feel upset him so bad that 2 days later he "supposedly" killed himself. and I believe this may be the one he told about 2 victims he had in 2005 and 2006 and told them they were committed seperately and only that one female had very pale skin...supposedly a rich grandmother and an older car and he laughs and states this victim was taken across many many state lines before he decided where to dispose of the body
SORRY for a friend or family member to read things so graphic, but sometimes it just has to be known to prove a case or at least get LE to GET IT and take a look into the possibilities of any case
=========================================================

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/video/israel-keyes-interview-november-29-2012

===================================================================================================================

I thought her car was found 2 days later?

I wonder if LE's done an estimated fuel burn on the car to determine how many miles it may have traveled? If Jennifer had filled up rather recently, and they could track her movements (purchases) perhaps they could get a good idea as to how much fuel was consumed.

I want them to check more into the ex-bf and see if they can shake his alibi. Would love for him to take a LD test.

I know you meant not a trace was found in the 8 years since she went missing besides the car and not that the car was found 8 years later. People need to understand you have been here from the very beginning and know this case inside and out.

I wonder if LE's done an estimated fuel burn on the car to determine how many miles it may have traveled? If Jennifer had filled up rather recently, and they could track her movements (purchases) perhaps they could get a good idea as to how much fuel was consumed.
There was an examination of her car, but there is no way to really know how much gas was in the vehicle regardless of what she may have purchased. She drove in from South Florida and went straight to work so that took some gasoline for the trip and then to her home. She could have stopped at any point and paid cash so there may not have been a record.

Can you please explain to me about Jennifer's car being found almost 8 yrs. later??.......I thought and have read her car and POI was found 2 days after her going missing by the security camera plus I knew that OPD took her car in for testing after that...Is this a new development that her car was recently found??

Never underestimate what people care capable of, If this was as I think I Keyes driving and parking her car....believe me he was very capable...NOTHING not 1 piece or print was found in the Curriers car after he had driven it......He confessed he was proud he had been able to pull off all these kidnap and murders for over at least 1 decade without leaving anything behind for LE to find. and also if it was I. Keyes he may have not actually been working there, since he was a construction-carpenter all his adult life..it would have been just like him after all we have learned about this monster, to just hang around and blend in....more than likely making himself very aware of how the condo was made inside, the entry-ways.....the car....and knowing Keyes he could have been getting very familiar with times that he knew Jennifer left the home...the time she returned and etc....that is just seemingly the way this monster worked when he got an "URGE" as he called it
Please if you are family or friend.....Just go to the web....Push in the name KEYES....be sure to add the extra E....you can put in Keyes in Orlando....Keyes in Florida and etc.I feel much knowledge is there and some might be of help for LE or Family.....100% proven he has family members in Florida....School Friend lives in Daytona...and remember the pastor of the mega church in Orlando

In the Nov. 29th investigation tape they released, they told him they found a finger print on or in one of his known kill kits that he would travel and bury and you can just tell it totally SHOCKED him....his body movement says it all when he is told this.....This day FBI was showing him what they found when they did a 2 day search of that horrible run-down property of his in upper N.Y....They found a fire pit out back of this home, and from the looks of the photo's the lady investigator has I think he just lost it that day...I think he thought he was playing the investigators like a piece of a dumbness...and may I add, I feel he did at times,,,those laughs....those snarky comments, but something this day I personally feel upset him so bad that 2 days later he "supposedly" killed himself. and I believe this may be the one he told about 2 victims he had in 2005 and 2006 and told them they were committed seperately and only that one female had very pale skin...supposedly a rich grandmother and an older car and he laughs and states this victim was taken across many many state lines before he decided where to dispose of the body
SORRY for a friend or family member to read things so graphic, but sometimes it just has to be known to prove a case or at least get LE to GET IT and take a look into the possibilities of any case
=========================================================

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/video/israel-keyes-interview-november-29-2012

===================================================================================================================
IK didn't kill everyone on the planet who is missing and it is almost an obsession with some to think he is involved in every murder that doesn't have a ready answer. Granted, he was a prolific murderer. However, I think this was someone in Jennifer's world and not some stranger with a kill kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10