Is there a way to block...

mister happy

Reaction score
the "appreciation boxes" that sometimes appear below posts? They add too much clutter for my eyes.

I just looked to see and couldn't figure out any way to remove it. Maybe could help. Try sending him a pm if he doesn't respond here. :)

the "appreciation boxes" that sometimes appear below posts? They add too much clutter for my eyes.

mister happy, I don't know if this will help you or not, but at the top of each forum, there is a button titled

Then you can choose to
- View in printable version.
- (Unsubscribe from this thread)

It gets rid of the thanks boxes, the page hogging photos that some people use as part of their signature. (hint-hint to any of you that do that, please don't. It really annous peeps like me) Unfortunately, it also gets rid of the reply box, the title box, and quoted posts. You could have the regular version open in one tab for quoting, posting, etc, and the printable one in another tab which you could use to read the thread. The printable one allows 1000 posts per page, btw.

I do hope this helps you to cut the clutter and read through a thread more quickly and easily.

There is no way to remove the Thanks for individual accounts. If it's turned on in the admin panel, it shows for all users.

I am wondering if it would be possible to add the date of origin to each thread topic, underneath the titles and next to the original poster's name?

I mean, it's great to read updated posts to older threads and all that, but honestly, when I see what I think is a new topic, and then I click and see it's from a year ago, or more, it's kind of frustrating...especially when it concerns a case I am following pretty closely and I think there's something new, and then realize it's not at all new...I just didn't remember it because it was so long ago. If there is a date listed, I know to go father to the end and start there.

Does that make any sense?

Oops...wrong spot...why can't I find where to post this, is something weird today? I swear I'm not a total idiot; I've been here a while, haha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back