Round The Corner Eatery Boulder CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

believe09

Reaction score
I thought I would break this out since this is the strongest tip we have seen in sometime on Mr. Kyle's case. Please continue discussions regarding media updates and sleuthing here...:blowkiss:

Due to Cymro's previous post regarding the Good times website where former RTC employees were posting, I was able to track down the lovely gentleman who delivered produce to the Boulder restaurant. Here is what this kind man wrote to me regarding his recollections:

"hi believe09,
i did for a short time make deliveries to the boulder round the corner restaurants. i made the rtc delivery run every other saturday for about 6 months in 1986. unfortunately, i stocked the stores early in the morning before the rtc employees were there, so i never really met or talked to anyone. i did however drop off payroll a few times during store hours, but the drop was so brief i have no recollection of the personnel.
the only contact i can suggest is tracy carrera. he had the weekday rtc delivery run at that time and may have talked to the boulder crew. i have not talked to tracy for many years and i'm not sure if he still works there but the produce company we worked for is www.yanceys.com. if you contact yancey's you might talk to greg or kevin yancey. they would have had a lot of contact, by phone, with the rtc management in boulder and may remember some names for contact.
don't know if it's any help but i also worked at the westland mall rtc in lakewood, co for about 2 years and at the ft collins rtc for a few months around 1984.
i wish you luck, *advertiser censored* xxxx."

I forwarded this information directly to the FBI as well as NB and BK when I received it this morning since I was unsure if they had information like this already that they were working on...I will let you all know if I hear anything!!

believe09:
Thanks for starting this thread.
So good to know there are positive leads.

believe09, thanks for sharing with us! :blowkiss:

Does anyone know if anyone happened to contact any other restaurant supply companies in the area? We had the same "milk man" at a restaurant I worked at in the 80's for many years.

Thanks believe! Awesome tip and find! I posted yesterday on the general discussion thread about a comment on one of the recent boulder articles. The commenter mentioned she had worked at the two other RTC locations, (not 'the hill') in 80/81. She was pleading for Mr. Kyle to come back and let 'us' know what he remembers about the RTC location... I didn't look further into it, other than to see if anyone else had commented. There were no further replies after that last comment July 8th.

I had also found, but not saved, some 'truth or rumor' kind of site for the food service industy, but it really didn't look like anyone working directly in a restaurant. More for those who worked for Kraft Ppr., Saafeld, and a few other redistributor names I recognized from way back. They did have a missing and found site for people in the industry......... I looked, didn't see anything that struck a chord for Mr. Kyle.

I KNOW I could contact Hal Wolken - who is the president of what was AWM ( his dad, Cy- founder- actually sold the concept to McDonalds carrying the wrapped plastic knife spoon combo in the disposable industry back in the 60's) . But again, I need a STARTING POINT of some kind otherwise it's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack blindfolded.

Oh lord I am having flashbacks of paper straws- they were from Sweetheart paper..

I'm sure Mr Kyle remembers paper straws! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong