Please Read. Need Your Input About Possible Guest for WS Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I need everyone to weigh in please.

Dr. Michael Stone has new book out called "Evil." It's great. His publishing company sent it to me to review which I thought was very nice.

I want to invite Dr. Stone to a WS chat but only if we will have large participation.

Is he someone you would be interested in enough to give up a couple of hours on a weeknight?

Dr. Stone is always on the Discovery I.D. channel with his "Most Evil" series.

Here's more info:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_Evil[/ame]

I haven't contacted his people yet but if posters express interest and are willing to do their best to participate I will contact them and set it up.

Will we be able to ask him if he has been following specific cases?
Are we going to be able to "pick" his brain so to speak? or is it just going to be about his book?

Count me in! I'd love to attend!

If it's just a book promotion "tour", then no, respectfully no interested. If this will be a Q&A about any number of possible topics then, yes.

I also agree. If we are able to pick his mind about many different things count me in. If it just a publicity tour I would pass. IMO I love to chat with others to get their POV on ideas as it helps to put things into prespective. If you do decided PLEASE PLEASE count me in!

I would love to hear what he has to say about KC. Count me in. I really enjoyed Mickey Sherman's chat. His book is GREAT!

Dr. Stone is very well respected and has incredible credentials! I think WS should feel quite honored! Count me in!!!

I would be very interested! If someone could contact me as how to join the chat. I tried with Mr. Sherman and only mad it to the yellow screen and I couldn't figure out how to get into the chat room. PleaSSSSSSSSSSSe someone, anyone, help a poor computer illiterate soul out so that I may participate. Thank you in advance!!

I love those "Most Evil" shows. I think I've seen them all, if not most. I like Dr. Stone, so count me in! Thanks!

I'm interested, but without a for-sure date, I can't give a for-sure answer.

It would be great if you had Dr. Stone for a chat. I would definitely attend.

Tricia - I read the log of the chat with Mr. Sherman and frankly it was not very informative. Too many questions by too many different people and not enough substance.

I make these suggestions with all due repsect to all of the Websleuth posters.

1 ) Pick 1,2 or 3 of our hot cases. Neveah and HaLeigh come to mind because there is so much known about the circumstances of the crimes. But maybe we could vote by poll on the case or cases to be discussed with Dr. Stone. Take a democratic approach.

2) Start a thread on the selected crime(s), one thread for each where Websleuthers can post specific questions on the cases, allowing time for editing of facts.

3) Members can then choose the questions they would like to see answered by clicking "Thanks". The questions with the most "Thanks" will be submitted to Dr. Stone for analysis during the live chat by one member only.

4) Make a thread of the live chat and invite Dr. Stone to review it at his leisure and add to his answers or clear up any misinformation. (or invite him to become a member :) )

Just a suggestion.

DotsEyes

Count me in too.

Another WS chat suggestion is author, Marillee Strong. She is a websleuth's member. She wrote Erased:Missing Women, Murdered Wives. It got good reviews on Amazon. I liked it. Scott Peterson is kind of Marilee's poster boy and I think he's earned a special place on Websleuths.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Erased-Missing-Women-Murdered-Wives/dp/B001AOHXCI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247702838&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Erased: Missing Women, Murdered Wives: Marilee Strong, Mark Powelson: Kindle Store[/ame]

If we followed Dotseyes RX I would be interested, but until a date is set I'm unable to commit. Sounds facinating.

:yes: Tricia I would love to have him as a guest at WS's! I feel this would be a very interesting guest to have here at WS's & I would be honored for him to be a guest!

Thanks so much for everything you do for all os us here! :blowkiss:

:angel:

count me interested!

There's another thread from Tricia noting Dr. Michael Stone as a possible guest.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3960628#post3960628"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Am copying my response from there over to here because it includes DIRECTIONS from ANIMAL as to how to sign into the 'Chat'

Followed ANIMAL's directions and got in quite easily.
:bow:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2426411&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

Yes, interested. Thanks Trisha!

I just hope the advance NOTICE-Date & Time of the Live Chat is real obvious as I wouldn't want to miss out on this. My work schedule fluctuates from day to day so I will try to work around the scheduled chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine