Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread one at the below link:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86260"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

WHAT could have caused this seemingly random act of violence?

Yikes! I have a lot of catching up to do, but I just saw the creepy youtube video. WTH was THAT all about? What a sicko that person is!

REPOST (the old Thread got locked right after I posted):

OK, I've beat around the bush long enough and dropped hints....

Let's just SUPPOSE that everything with the Billings wasn't on the "up and up"....

Just playing devil's advocate here, but all I hear is, "Byrd and Melanie were such fine upstanding citizens."

YES, I agree, until proven otherwise, we have to assume so.

But how many times have we been DUPED into believing that someone was a "fine citizen"...only to find out afterwards that they had a darker, more sinister PAST?

Yes, I DO KNOW about Byrd's past prior to his marriage to Melanie. I DO KNOW what kind of business he was in.

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to say exactly WHAT at this time, as this forum is quite public, and I am too close to the situation to be the "whistle-blower"....

Maybe his past caught up with him?

I AM JUST SAYING...that's all.

NO, HE AND HIS WIFE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE! (By any means!)

I'm just saying that a lot of the focus appears to be on the perps and not on the victim.

Let's just SUPPOSE that everything with the Billings wasn't on the "up and up"....

Just playing devil's advocate here, but all I hear is, "Byrd and Melanie were such fine upstanding citizens."

But how many times have we been DUPED into believing that someone was a "fine citizen"...only to find out afterwards that they had a darker, more sinister PAST?

Yes, I DO KNOW about Byrd's past prior to his marriage to Melanie. I DO KNOW what kind of business he was in.

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to say exactly WHAT at this time, as this forum is quite public, and I am too close to the situation to be the "whistle-blower"....

I'm just saying that a lot of the focus appears to be on the perps and not on the victim.

I Really Don't Think You Should Play Like This. This Is NOT A Guessing Game. If You Have Something To Say, You Should Just Come Out And Say It!

Okay, I spent a good hunk of my day reading every post. My head is spinning and I've read ton of stuff.

LOL! The thread gets closed just as I was going to say "thank you" to all you sleuthers out there who have dug up a HUGE amount of information in a short time.

At this point, there is a lot of information going in all directions. I hope that LE will soon begin to let us know about the rest of what they are investigating.

Wishful thinking on my part!

I Really Don't Think You Should Play Like This. This Is NOT A Guessing Game. If You Have Something To Say, You Should Just Come Out And Say It!

I guess my fear just comes from the fact that this would be considered "slanderous" by some, although I fully intend it to be viewed as a window into a possible deeper, darker past......

With no disrespect to the late Billings family, of course!

I know an Ann Simmons in Chumuckla, if its the same one I know her husband and her ran a drywall company his name was Charlie Simmons and he passed away a few years back. If anyone could post their address as you have it I will look it up and the map and tell you if its the same people.

Just would seem even if their were some shady dealings at one time in his past Why did it take so very long to finally catch up with him and why be so vocal and in newspapers talking about their family kind of seems they would be real easy to find hope im making sense:crazy:

Is there a connection with Michael Billings living in Indian Rocks Beach, which is in close proximity to Sarasota?

Personally ,unless you are privy to some factual information regarding the custody situation & can back up those facts/ details,that indeed has NOTHING to do with this horrific crime & imo seems baiting & unnecessary to bring up.
By all accounts the Billings were amazingly generous & good hearted people & im sure Im not alone in assuming that if they indeed "fought"for custody there was DAMN good reason for it & that should be left at that.

Someone posted that Michael worked at a hospital and since his father petitioned for child support, it appears that he was working. This doesn't indicate that he was some kind of low life drug addict. I can only imagine that this destroyed his relationship with his son. One of the girls would have been close to 17 and could very well have just wanted to live with her rich grandparents.
If my daughter was having problems, I would gladly care for my grandchild without trying to take custody away from her. That's what families are for.
I'm not baiting, it bothers me and I brought it up. I can't assume that they were in the right while Byrd's son was in the wrong nor can I assume they had a good reason. Family matters can get very volatile.
Someone didn't think so highly of them, as they were murdered and custody issues could very well have something to do with the motive. There was a reason they were targeted.

The true victims in all of this are those children. Byrd and Melanie have passed to the other side. Whatever they did in the past - is the past. All I can say is - is that it was VERY obvious they loved and cared for those children with all their heart and did a wonderful and selfless thing by taking them all in. Byrd and Melanie were human - they may not have been perfect and maybe Byrd had a past - so what. He and Melanie didn't deserve to die the way they did.

The true victims in all of this are those children. Byrd and Melanie have passed to the other side. Whatever they did in the past - is the past. All I can say is - is that it was VERY obvious they loved and cared for those children with all their heart and did a wonderful and selfless thing by taking them all in. Byrd and Melanie were human - they may not have been perfect and maybe Byrd had a past - so what. He and Melanie didn't deserve to die the way they did.

You are correct. They did not deserve to die.

But don't events from the PAST sometimes help to establish MOTIVE?

REPOST (the old Thread got locked right after I posted):

I Posted but do not know how to bring it to the here:waitasec:Its on the last page

Some times people do have reasons for being hesitate but do help us understand.

Byrd met Melanie while he was the owner of several Strip Clubs. She was a waitress at one of them.
Maybe Im too open minded but I really dont find that all too scandalous or slanderous........especially in light of what theyve accomplished since "those days".
I also truly think ,as swifty as LE has acted up until now,if there was a connection that it wouldve been investigated & addressed by now.

As sad & scary as the possibility of it is,I belive that the Billings died RANDOMLY.
I think this was a robbery tinged with a skewed,erroneous revenge scheme.
I belive the Billings were innocent & the guilty parties are in custody OR soon to be in custody!!!!!!!!!!

well, I got a phone call tonight and was told that a friend of mine's husband has been arrested for this murder. I am shocked right now, beyond words. I have not read what all has been posted, but I knew you guys would be discussing this. The one I know that was arrested is D. Stallworth.

Yea...Stallworth is the ONE out of all of them that doesn't quite seem to fit into the puzzle. For all intents and purposes, he APPEARED to be a good and decent family man with a good job...

I don't get it....

Maybe Im too open minded but I really dont find that all too scandalous or slanderous........especially in light of what theyve accomplished since "those days".
I also truly think ,as swifty as LE has acted up until now,if there was a connection that it wouldve been investigated & addressed by now.

As sad & scary as the possibility of it is,I belive that the Billings died RANDOMLY.
I think this was a robbery tinged with a skewed,erroneous revenge scheme.
I belive the Billings were innocent & the guilty parties are in custody OR soon to be in custody!!!!!!!!!!

well owning a strip club and waitressing in one are all perfectly legal in the state of Fla.

I don't think it has anything to do with 7 people wanting to rob and murder them. Just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail