NJ - Ofc. Marc DiNardo, 37, killed, 4 LEOs injured, Jersey City, 16 July 2009

Is there another thread for this story?

If not, why are there only two posts on this thread that discusses a major incident which occured today involving five injured LE officials, yet there are ever more and more posts on Chris Coleman, who is in custody and has had nothing new reported that I can see?

IOW, why is no-one paying any attention to this event when an incarcerated loser with nothing new to report continues to dominate this thread?

Sort of no offense meant.

If not, why are there only two posts on this thread that discusses a major incident which occured today involving five injured LE officials, yet there are ever more and more posts on Chris Coleman, who is in custody and has had nothing new reported that I can see?

IOW, why is no-one paying any attention to this event when an incarcerated loser with nothing new to report continues to dominate this thread?

ITA. Maybe b/c there is no real mystery left now that the criminals have been shot dead? IDK.

(BTW, who is Chris Coleman? I'll have to go look.)

Latest News on this-

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/jersey_city_shooting.html

Hassan Shakur, the taller of the two figures, had a rap sheet that included busts for resisting arrest and weapons possession. On this day, he carried a stolen shotgun tucked under his right arm. At the sound of the officer's voice, he wheeled around and used it.

His decision ignited the first of two furious gun battles that would leave five police officers injured, two of them critically, and Shakur and his young girlfriend dead in their nearby apartment, a scene of such carnage that one police official referred to it as a "bloodbath."

"He wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, and unfortunately, he got what he wanted," Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey said.

4 of the 5 cops are either released from the hospital or in stable condition. The 5th cop who was shot twice in the face has a fighting chance. I talked with my father who is a retired Union City officer and he said the outlook for him is getting a little better... He will be in my prayers tonight.

Well even if people don't find this interesting enough to respond to, it got President Obama's attention.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2009/07/president_obama_mentions_the_w.html

My prayers are with all the LE injured. Even the ones that have already been released will have a lot to deal with psychologically. Extra prayers for the man that was shot twice.

Also, maybe this is me being skeptical/hypercritical of the media, but I think it does have some political tint to it.

This was a Muslim couple. The man stated that he wanted to go out in a "blaze of glory." He was geared for war and deliberately ambushed a large number of police officers, several of whom had been decorated for valor after 9/11 (not that he can pick who responds, but he might have known that about the force). I think the media is downplaying this a bit.

If you think I am crazy, go back and read the article and imagine all of the references to the couple's culture and religion being changed to right-wing militia members and evangelical Christians who were armed to the teeth and gunning for LE. Would it be a bigger story?

I don't know for sure, but the thought has crossed my mind.

PS...before you flame me, this is not about my feelings about Muslims. It is about my feelings about the media and how they manipulate the "big" stories.

Office Mark Dinardo is about to die. No link yet but there was just it was just on the news.
So sad.

Heartbreaking. Prayers for his family, especially his wife with those three tiny children. I cannot imagine the devastation.

The only redeeming note in this whole story is that the bastards who killed him are dead and won't be paraded in front of us in the whole charade of protecting their civil rights and ensuring a fair trial while his family grieves.

I am so sorry to hear this news. Parayers for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back