Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleo612

My reason for waking up each day!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Here is link to thread one: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86260"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is a link to thread two: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86520"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks Cleo!!

Any insight to get our own forum on this case?? I dont even know if it would be worth it unless we can name thread by initials at this juncture.....thoughts??? I know we have more freedom over here to toss around ideas as provided by an older vetern WS member...

I think we need to wait a little bit to see what transpires publicly with the case before we are going to get a forum, NSC.

Let's see what happens over the next several days.

I need to go find my pillows. See you all in a couple of hours! Keep up the great work!

Do not want to go into detail in public but in 1961 similar situation happened but not for money she was forced by one party and then "saved by a couple" and it destroyed the mothers life.This happened in NJ

Good night all you excellent sleuthers! I imagine the media is having a heyday and anything that there is to know about the Billings will soon be forthcoming. I made a deal with myself that I would never pay for information - but our dear friends in the media have no such restraint and an information budget! We've dug up a hella lot of leads for them to follow up on - I can't wait to see what they find.

Read the comment at the below link by Christy C. It has nothing to do with the case, she was just remembering some sweet things about the children. She nannied for the Billings.

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9487

ETA - there's a link to a photo gallery as well. Gosh...those children are sooooooooooo precious. You just want to pick them up and love on them. I'm so sad for them that they lost their mommy and daddy in such a horrible way.

My son in law to be has been doing home safety systems just like the Billings had put in where you can view home from any computer top of the line systems .he is going to put in a complete system on thier home anyway tonite I was there and I started talking about the Billings and what happened.He said yes they can be disabled remotely but that only shuts down the live feed,the video is still going recording everything.Only way to shut them down totally is to do it on site.Maybe who ever their computer expert was did not realize this.He said unless its the people who installed the system.He also works with satellites and live video feed so he knows what he is talking about.

They were having a staycation and I wanted to leave them alone, but after we had a birthday party for his 9 yr old adorable nephew I started to talk about the Billings and he told me this info.

That would make sense, when they approached the house, it seemed they knew where to enter to not be seen in camera range (o.k. little off in their calculations) anyways, it is possible that they tried to turn off or take the video from the inside, yet when they got in they couldn't find it, or the billings wouldn't tell them where it was located ( the video). possibly got mad..then...

Yes this is all speculation....

just got caught up so a few things before i go to bed, LPG senior is in the federal prison record. does anyone know why? apparently it was a long time ago (look at his register #)
I guess no one picked it up but there was an article that stated all of the suspects EXCEPT LPG jr and Sumner were cooperating. this leads me to believe the former intelligence he provided was not as a CI.
In Rakeem's arrest report in regards to the weapon it says "an _____" what seems logical is that it would be "an automatic 9mm" since the state attorney said the casings found in the Billings home were 9mm. Possible shooter.

Just a favor please. Can we all slow down a bit and verify our connections once or twice before posting them? Just because information is online does not mean it's a free for all for posting here. Let's be careful please......

A long-long time lurker that finally registered and jumping out of hiding for a moment.

I didn't know the victims or any of the suspects personally, however I knew of Mr. Billings through my uncle who is now a retired deputy from Mobile county, he knew Mr. Billings very well. My uncle never said anything negative regarding Mr. Billings, he thought very highly of him and spoke of him every time he had been over to the P'Cola area, whether he had seen Mr. Billings or not. I never met or saw any of this family in person.

I also lived in Gulf Breeze for several years and worked for individuals (some were relatives and the others were friends of the relatives), who had what appeared to me, as a close "working" relation with LP Poff/Gonzalez and his family. These people spoke of the entire family often and I don't recall anything negative ever being said. I saw LPP/G's family numerous times, as well as LPP/G, and while nothing bad happened and I never witnessed anything that could be considered not above board, I did have some deep instinctual feelings when I was around them, suffice to say, I did not feel comfortable and would not have wanted to have been left alone with ANY of them.

I have followed the posts here since day one, and have read over every public document and websites available for all. I grew up in a family full of military, various LE from local to federal, lawyers both prosecution and defense, as well as family, immigration, injury, general law etc., even an appellate judge, I have seen and heard a lot, so much so nothing really shocks me anymore and due to it I don't see the "boogeyman" behind every corner.

Given the known facts we have, along with the statements made by this sheriff, "humdinger, movie script, comparisons to the 'Manson Family'", down to the simple robbery that may or may not have gone bad, does not add up and it is starting to force me out of my open-mindedness into a cynical mind-frame and I really don't like being placed into that state in regards to this case.

Back to lurking!

Read the comment at the below link by Christy C. It has nothing to do with the case, she was just remembering some sweet things about the children. She nannied for the Billings.

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9487

ETA - there's a link to a photo gallery as well. Gosh...those children are sooooooooooo precious. You just want to pick them up and love on them. I'm so sad for them that they lost their mommy and daddy in such a horrible way.

Thanks for posting this link. Few people know the incredible amount of love and energy it takes to care for ONE disabled child. I am in awe of this couple and what they were able to do for all of these children!

That being said, it is very disappointing to return to catch up on this thread and see so many posts still implying that because of some speculated upon questionable business dealings that somehow these two people brought this horrible act upon themselves! Thousands of "shady" business dealings happen every day in Florida and every other state. That certainly doesn't mean that these people DESERVE to die!!!! Reading some of these posts, it seems that it is being suggested that these murderers should be excused for their act based upon some speculation and innuendo.

Interesting case that BWM worked on -- custody between parents and grandparents of minor children...

http://opinions.1dca.org/opinions2004/09-09-04/03-5439.pdf

OMG! Look at the initials of the parent in this case, both sets of initials (TF and TG) - and TF/TG has four children!
WOW! Read the filing........apparently the children were (supposedly)removed due to concerns about TF/TG's "new husband"!:eek:

I think BWM is the "missing link".He links Long to LPG JR..............how about any of the other suspects? I really think linking the SUSPECTS is what will crack this!

If anyone needs it, here's a federal inmate locator from the Federal Bureau of Prisons. It will locate any inmate incarcerated in a Federal Prison at any time between 1982 to present.
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp
No record Of Byrd "Bud" Billings AT ALL................although Im sure someone will chime in that its been "removed" :rolleyes: !
Since NO record has been found can the rumor he was incarcerated be put to rest??

These threads are moving at the speed of light and there do seem to be so many characters involved.

For me it all comes down to one simple question: if the motive was robbery (and that's what the police are saying), WHY did the parents have to be killed? WHY? The gang practiced for a month to get into the house and get to that safe...does anyone doubt that the Billings would have tried to fight 5 armed men and keep them from taking a safe? Of course they wouldn't have. There were other times those thugs could have gotten into the house...times when there would be fewer people at home and possibly no one at home. I just don't understand why they had to (or felt they had to) murder the couple if this was about money (and not about revenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail