Per HLN the DEA was brought in only for the suspects and not the Billings

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
On HLN just now they said that the Sheriff confirmed that the Billings had nothing to do with why the DEA was brought in. They were only called in to deal with the suspects.

I guess that shoots down one motive.

Did people really think the Billings were trafficking drugs? I've always presented the case that BB was an obstacle to drug trafficking.

Did people really think the Billings were trafficking drugs? I've always presented the case that BB was an obstacle to drug trafficking.

I believe that some people here did think the DEA was looking into the Billings. I just wanted to clear that up for them.

Dis-information. They know why and who. BB is dirty. you aren't killed in a hit if you are not. And over 90% of the people on this site think it was a hit.

You don't go from 1,400 net worth to a 700,000 dollar house in 10 years legit, unless you hit the lottery.

Catfish -

Respectfully, please provide some evidence (with links) to back up your post.

People have also been killed for trying to STOP "dirty" stuff from happening.

JMO

Dis-information. They know why and who. BB is dirty. you aren't killed in a hit if you are not. And over 90% of the people on this site think it was a hit.

You don't go from 1,400 net worth to a 700,000 dollar house in 10 years legit, unless you hit the lottery.

Are you serious? Yea it's hard to understand if you're an unambitious lazy arse who has no goals. However, MANY people work VERY hard and accrue wealth over a ten year period. That's a lot of time to go from nothing to having something. I earned a lot of money (quadrupled my net worth) within a two year time frame flipping houses during the real estate boom.
If you have ambition you can become wealthy in a few years time, let alone a decade, and it can be done legitimately.

I'm a roofer I know what working hard is. And I'll forgive the sideways snipe.
Follow the money. He's been fined by the state for overcharging and other financial irregularities. He's got probation in an adoption scam.
other folks have linked to documents that prove this.

The best indication of future behavior is past behavior. I'm sure they were great people and did not deserve that kind of death. no one should spend their last minutes in fear.

Interesting article regarding the DEA in Pensacola.
http://m.pnj.com/BETTER/news.jsp?key=209327
"I want to apologize to my family and to the City of Pensacola for what I did," said Henderson, who was shackled and wearing an orange Santa Rosa County Jail jumpsuit at the sentencing hearing.

Senior U.S. District Judge Lacey Collier said Henderson has cooperated with federal investigators looking into a drug conspiracy that extends well beyond Henderson. He said further cooperation could lead to additional sentence reductions.

"I do consider and hope your cooperation will continue," Collier said.

Plenty of innocent people are killed in hits -- among them judges, DA's, people in businesses that someone else wants, etc. Also, accruing $700,000 in ten years is not unusual. People do that legitimately all the time. I would think most wealthy, self-made people did it in ten years or less.

"On HLN just now they said that the Sheriff confirmed that the Billings had nothing to do with why the DEA was brought in. They were only called in to deal with the suspects."

Well, that narrows it down, doesn't it? :)

Another interesting read.
But customers at Bobbie J's Tavern, a few miles down the road from the Billings house, were willing to entertain the notion that the murdered husband and wife were not as angelic as they seemed.

The bar's owner, Bobbie Sheppard, brought up the topless bar, called Back Seat, allegedly owned by Bud Billings as evidence that there might be more to the couple than meets the eye.

"There's more there than has come out yet. Nine times out of 10, it's about either drugs, sex or money, " said Hal Kemp, a regular at the bar.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/killings_of_florida_couple_see.html

But it doesn't mean that DRUGS were involved, does it? I might look at criminal backgrounds and notice some arrests for drugs among the PERPS, but BB has been a good citizen outside of an illegal adoption and some strange correspondence with the DCF regarding copyright and some strange filings of Maritime Law. He could have made millions in real estate alone, if his transactions on record indicate it, right?

But it doesn't mean that DRUGS were involved, does it? I might look at criminal backgrounds and notice some arrests for drugs among the PERPS, but BB has been a good citizen outside of an illegal adoption and some strange correspondence with the DCF regarding copyright and some strange filings of Maritime Law. He could have made millions in real estate alone, if his transactions on record indicate it, right?

Well he has been fined by the state for financial irregularities at Worldco.
And is a convicted felon. So he has certainly shown he is willing to break the law.

Do his real estate transactiions indicate he's made millions? That would all be public record. I believe it would be known if he had.

Another interesting read.
But customers at Bobbie J's Tavern, a few miles down the road from the Billings house, were willing to entertain the notion that the murdered husband and wife were not as angelic as they seemed.

The bar's owner, Bobbie Sheppard, brought up the topless bar, called Back Seat, allegedly owned by Bud Billings as evidence that there might be more to the couple than meets the eye.

"There's more there than has come out yet. Nine times out of 10, it's about either drugs, sex or money, " said Hal Kemp, a regular at the bar.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/killings_of_florida_couple_see.html

Also from that article;

But according to The Associated Press, he also had a shady past. In the 1990s, he owned a Pensacola-area topless bar, and in 1990 he and an ex-wife pleaded no contest to charges that they doctored birth records and tried to buy a baby for $2,100, the AP said.

:eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine