Copyright A Person's Name

LifeTimeAdventure

Reaction score
I Would Like To Find Examples Of Individuals That Copyright Names.

Russell Dean Landers, Montana Freemen Copyrighted His Name:

US v. Landers (10th Cir, May 5, 2009) docket nr. 08-6105, to be published in F.3d

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/circs/10th/086105p.pdf

http://www.suijurisclub.net/court/4068-copyright-notice-who-has-good-one.html

This Book Says A Personal Name Can Not Be Copyrighted Intellectual Property:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZA...W8aAB&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=31

Richard Robards:

A man suspected of killing a Clearwater couple tried to file a $100-million lawsuit against the state of Florida for copyright infringement.

Richard Robards is in jail awaiting trial for the 2006 murder of Frank and Linda DeLuca.

Police say that Robards, a former bodybuilder, killed the DeLucas, stole the couple's safe full of cash, then tried setting their home on fire to cover his tracks.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/6/25/488923.html

The Billings' family attorney can put whatever spin she wants on this allegation, but copyrighting the children's names in order to "protect" them is just loony.

Did the Anthony family do this for CAYLEE?
so people couldn't make the dolls and T shirts without
their knowlege?

Do movie stars do this to profit from their selling name on things???

Did the Anthony family do this for CAYLEE?
so people couldn't make the dolls and T shirts without
their knowlege?

Do movie stars do this to profit from their selling name on things???

the examples you provide weren't done to "protect privacy". These examples provided were done to keep people from making money off the names.

The atty said it was done to protect privacy. How does the copyright protect privacy when the response to correspondence from the state or any govie agency is an invoice for using the name?

IMO, copyrighting is all about money - trying to get it or not pay it. I think the better & the best way to protect the privacy of the children was to keep their story out of the paper and tv.

Wasn't the Billings family interviewed for TV a few years ago? I have tried to find it, but the only information that comes up is news feeds regarding their murders. Old stuff must be buried somewhere.

Could this have provoked BB in to trying to copyright the children's names? It's still beyond goofy and causes me pause as to why anyone would want to do that save for making a buck.

Wasn't the Billings family interviewed for TV a few years ago? I have tried to find it, but the only information that comes up is news feeds regarding their murders. Old stuff must be buried somewhere.

Could this have provoked BB in to trying to copyright the children's names? It's still beyond goofy and causes me pause as to why anyone would want to do that save for making a buck.

they were part of a WEAR 'Angels' segment but they may have taken the link down or it's possible it wasn't put up because putting up those video links is something they just recently starting doing.

Attorney Spencer said in her press conference that the Billings were eligible for state/federal aid for the children but did not accept it. I assume that if you accept the aid, you also must accept state/federal oversight. The Billings also only did private adoptions. Again, staying away from state agencies. Perhaps this copyright ploy was just one more way to keep DCF or whatever agency out of the picture. You know, if every time they write me a letter about one of the children they'll have to pay me a whopping fee, maybe they won't write me any more. Or something along those lines. Misguided, yes, but...

Attorney Spencer said in her press conference that the Billings were eligible for state/federal aid for the children but did not accept it. I assume that if you accept the aid, you also must accept state/federal oversight. The Billings also only did private adoptions. Again, staying away from state agencies. Perhaps this copyright ploy was just one more way to keep DCF or whatever agency out of the picture. You know, if every time they write me a letter about one of the children they'll have to pay me a whopping fee, maybe they won't write me any more. Or something along those lines. Misguided, yes, but...

yes, I am disabiled and every 6 months there are forms to fill out and the government watches into all of this. Mine is very legit but if you have something to hide, you sure don't want the government snooping into your life!!!!

How did the family get so rich in so little time? 18 years ago, it seems BB left after a divorse with $2,000 and worked into a million aire???

they were part of a WEAR 'Angels' segment but they may have taken the link down or it's possible it wasn't put up because putting up those video links is something they just recently starting doing.

Thank you, RN. Do you possibly remember how long ago that was?

Attorney Spencer said in her press conference that the Billings were eligible for state/federal aid for the children but did not accept it. I assume that if you accept the aid, you also must accept state/federal oversight.

Pbee,

That was the first thing that came to my mind too. :) Just because they were eligible for state or federal aid and did not take it does not automatically mean they are self-less.

Even if they did private adoptions and any were out of state they still would have dealt with DCF an INTERSTATE COMPACT" has to be done. That is done by exactly one or two people in the state only and they do all adoptions.

Even if they did private adoptions and any were out of state they still would have dealt with DCF an INTERSTATE COMPACT" has to be done. That is done by exactly one or two people in the state only and they do all adoptions.

Byrd bought a child with is very Illegal:waitasec:, A child is not a possession to buy.After that he was able to legally adopt? Something is very wrong here, He should never have been allowed to adopt after that fraud.

Those one or 2 people should have checked on him buying a baby.They should be looked into as well.

I've been wondering about Pamela Long Wiggins in this regard. (Actually, about other business people in the town perhaps getting together to become Sovereign Citizens to avoid taxes and do what is called "mortgage redemption.") Is there any documentation of PLW having gone Sovereign? I started thinking about it because her ex-husband says he's been trying to divorce her for years. What's stopping him? Is it that she won't interact with a divorce court? Yet she did recently marry her present husband, so presumably took out a marriage license. It's confusing, but very interesting. This is my first post. I want to thank the forum members for providing so much information on this case. It's fascinating to read here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back