The Surveillance System and The Tapes

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
This seems to be an important part of this case.Please discuss

I have seen the two tapes released. There has been discussions about the possibility of a person or vehicle by the road in one of the tapes. There is a third tape from another angle that I've only seen a couple of times on TV. It went by very fast so I couldn't tell if there was anything by the road. I'd like to see it again.

It has been said that bedtime at the home was at 7:00pm. With the surveillance system they had, I wonder why there was no alarms to go off when the break-in occurred.

I have seen the two tapes released. There has been discussions about the possibility of a person or vehicle by the road in one of the tapes. There is a third tape from another angle that I've only seen a couple of times on TV. It went by very fast so I couldn't tell if there was anything by the road. I'd like to see it again.

It has been said that bedtime at the home was at 7:00pm. With the surveillance system they had, I wonder why there was no alarms to go off when the break-in occurred.

I have the same questions.

In regards to the possible person, in some of the still images at PNJ's website after the murders, there is something that bothers me. If you notice in the still image, you can see the tire tracks the van made, also there is a tree, utility pole and some posts along the drive. The position of the possibly person in the videos would be in about the same location as the post near the tree.

While it does kind of look like a person, taking into account the distance the camera was from the drive, it looks like it very well could be the post thing as well.

http://pnj.com/section/special

The flash presentation at the above link, has the still image I referenced.

Another annoying factor, it was reported on several tv news outlets and probably in print too, I just can't find a link atm, that the driveway also had sensors, I haven't heard if they were disabled somehow or not.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article1019664.ece

Mentions Driveway at above link.

There was a video shown only once that I know of (dang, I did not save it to local drive) that showed *three* vehicles other than the red van pulling in, staying on the paved driveway, and clearly visible as FOUR men ran into the house across the yard. I did do a screen cap of a still, and I might go back to try to find it and repost it here. Did not realize how rare it would be, as I have not seen that clip since. IIRC, it was *not* on a three second snapshot mode, but was continuous.

Another annoying factor, it was reported on several tv news outlets and probably in print too, I just can't find a link atm, that the driveway also had censors, I haven't heard if they were disabled somehow or not.

First I've heard of the driveway sensors but I wonder if they were designed to turn on the lights or set off a notification inside.

I also wonder if we will get the story on who didn't handle shutting down the alarm soon or what. It has been several days since this was brought up and nothing further.

There was a video shown only once that I know of (dang, I did not save it to local drive) that showed *three* vehicles other than the red van pulling in, staying on the paved driveway, and clearly visible as FOUR men ran into the house across the yard. I did do a screen cap of a still, and I might go back to try to find it and repost it here. Did not realize how rare it would be, as I have not seen that clip since. IIRC, it was *not* on a three second snapshot mode, but was continuous.

I saw that video somewhere, maybe local WEAR TV. I think it was the cops arriving at the house and running up.

I saw that video somewhere, maybe local WEAR TV. I think it was the cops arriving at the house and running up.

I think you're right about that. The third tape I saw was another angle showing the red van.

BINGO!

Man, I'm glad to get this figured out. The TV announcer fails to make it clear this is a shot of the police coming in, not of the crime, but it's totally obvious once you look at it @ 1:06.

Good shot of red van beginning @ 00:58.

And it *is* on a three second interval, not continuous-run, so that shows how faulty our my human memories are.

73ngc9.jpg

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/Authoritiessuspectspracticedcrime

BINGO!

Man, I'm glad to get this figured out. The TV announcer fails to make it clear this is a shot of the police coming in, not of the crime, but it's totally obvious once you look at it @ 1:06.

Good shot of red van beginning @ 00:58.

And it *is* on a three second interval, not continuous-run, so that shows how faulty our my human memories are.

Thanks Lossmitpro, that's the angle I was talking about. Now that I've seen it again, I believe the person/vehicle in the other tape was actually only a light that came on as the van passed it.

Can we change the name of the thread to something like crime scene/logistics?

I was about to start a thread like this, especially considering the new info that one of the Billings' wrists were tied before being shot.

Sherrif Morgan has repeatedly said that the perps. were on the property ~10 mins and in the house ~4 mins., so I just don't get how anybody could be tied up in such a short amount of time in such a large house...

Plus, we could discuss the 2 cars and entrance?

Can we change the name of the thread to something like crime scene/logistics?

I was about to start a thread like this, especially considering the new info that one of the Billings' wrists were tied before being shot.

Sherrif Morgan has repeatedly said that the perps. were on the property ~10 mins and in the house ~4 mins., so I just don't get how anybody could be tied up in such a short amount of time in such a large house...

Plus, we could discuss the 2 cars and entrance?

I think that's a great idea myself!
MOO

I have wondered about no alarms going off during the break in. I wonder if the person that was suppose to disable the system, only disabled the alarm system. Thinking the two were connected. This is just a guess.

While looking for something completely different on the Costco website, I noticed they had surveillance camera systems for sale. Of course I have no way of knowing the brand that was installed in the Billings house, but I thought I would do a little research on the product I saw to get a general idea of how that sort of a system worked. The brand I looked up was Q-See. They offered a variety of different configurations and their website provided detailed information including manuals and installation guides to help the user set up and use the system. You could even download remote monitoring software!

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=128

Like I said before, I have no idea what system the Billings used. Did the perps know what type of system was used and were they trying to access the system remotely or were they just going to cut wires or unplug it some way? It will be interesting to see what was stored on the cell phones and computers that were confiscated. Were any wire cutters listed in the items found from the search warrants?

The BIG question remains, where did they get the information about the layout of the house to be in and out in such a short time? If they knew that much (and practiced for a month) how could they fail to shut off the cameras?

I have wondered about no alarms going off during the break in. I wonder if the person that was suppose to disable the system, only disabled the alarm system. Thinking the two were connected. This is just a guess.

They might not have had the alarm armed. In my home we do not set the alarm until we are going to bed otherwise every time a door or window is opened the alarm would go off. Same goes for motion in the house, if we moved the alarm would sound. There are other settings for alarms but most people do not have them armed while they are in the home unless they are sleeping.

While looking for something completely different on the Costco website, I noticed they had surveillance camera systems for sale. Of course I have no way of knowing the brand that was installed in the Billings house, but I thought I would do a little research on the product I saw to get a general idea of how that sort of a system worked. The brand I looked up was Q-See. They offered a variety of different configurations and their website provided detailed information including manuals and installation guides to help the user set up and use the system. You could even download remote monitoring software!

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=128

Like I said before, I have no idea what system the Billings used. Did the perps know what type of system was used and were they trying to access the system remotely or were they just going to cut wires or unplug it some way? It will be interesting to see what was stored on the cell phones and computers that were confiscated. Were any wire cutters listed in the items found from the search warrants?

The BIG question remains, where did they get the information about the layout of the house to be in and out in such a short time? If they knew that much (and practiced for a month) how could they fail to shut off the cameras?

I would still like to know who installed it. I would assume that an installation company would keep product information on file for future repairs and or questions.

Given what you just posted about remote monitoring, I would be interested in knowing about that business and its employess. Was it robbed recently? New employees?

Chris Coleman? :crazy:

ugh can you imagine? :furious:

I've been thinking about the cameras. I have a relative that owns a business. He is able to view the cameras in the business at home on his computer. It's pretty entertaining when they throw their Halloween parties. Anyways, I was wondering about the person that was supposed to disable them. I wonder if they'd already gotten into the system remotely and had been watching them. I'm guessing they'd be able to figure out the floorplan of the house by watching the cameras and seeing people walk around from one room to another.

ugh can you imagine? :furious:

I've been thinking about the cameras. I have a relative that owns a business. He is able to view the cameras in the business at home on his computer. It's pretty entertaining when they throw their Halloween parties. Anyways, I was wondering about the person that was supposed to disable them. I wonder if they'd already gotten into the system remotely and had been watching them. I'm guessing they'd be able to figure out the floorplan of the house by watching the cameras and seeing people walk around from one room to another.

BBM

Very interesting point. I had never thought of that.

I believe we are giving these "dumb" criminals too much credit and maybe there was no one who was supposed to de-activate the alarm.

One off-beat theory I have is that their late night dry-runs activated the motion sensors & possibly the alarm so they chose a 7:30pm time when the alarm would typically not be activated in most households.

Their major mistake was thinking that the surveillance cameras were linked to the alarm system instead of being a separate system that is on 24-7.

I have a theory. I think they probably use drugs and whoever was supposed to disable the cameras was either high or hungover and "spaced it out".

Whatever the reason, I'm GLAD!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane