Who Monitors Predators ??

Pollywog

Reaction score
Who is supposed to monitor convicted sexual predators in Texas? I know he is on probation and is registered as a sexual predator in TX and another state from where he was convicted and served time.

He has been dating a woman with 2 kids for a couple years now, then they split up for a month or so and it is my understanding she has now married the creep. The kids spend the summers with their dad in another state and noticed last summer they acted strange and this summer it was awful. The little boy kept saying he had a secret about *advertiser censored* and could not tell. The girl is very withdrawn. The dad started asking questions and got a name, checked the sexual offenders webite and found the guy. Not wanting to belive it was the same guy (very common name) he printed a pic and left it laying on the table. The boy saw it and as where they got a picture of *advertiser censored*. The girl started therapy today and the boy goes next week.

We are not sure if the mom knew he was a predator or just did not care. The dad has tried to get the kids due to her being unfit but really had no proof until now. He has an emergency custody order trying to be served now. He has contacted the perverts probabtion officer but so far he has not been arrested.

Who monitors these creeps to be sure they stay away from kids? He was convicted and served 5 years for molesting his own 9 year old son in FL. The kids have been molested, to what extent we do not know. I am just upset that he was around them to start with. It is a mess and just breaks my heart. How can we be assured he goes to jail and stays there and how can we get the mom charged as well?

I am so sorry for those children and their father having to go through this nightmare. Bless their hearts.

If they are supposed to be registered, they should be monitored by their probation/parole officer. If they have absconded...no one is monitoring them until LE gets the tip of where they are and can track them down physically. Now...if LE actually does this...I couldn't tell you. There are so many out there without supervision, I have to think that LE doesn't follow up much of the time.

You can only hope with additional charges being brought against him that will lead to more convictions and a jury/judge will see to it he is not released for a very long time. Keeping them in jail is a different story. I have seen everything from RSOs being given time served to Life in prison. If the guy is still on probation/parole...he should also do the original time he was supposed to serve. Even that is not a given tho.

Sad to say, the mother will probably never be charged unless she witnessed the abuse or the children can testify that she knew, but failed to protect them.

The father is doing the right thing with therapy and making certain they are no longer in a situation to be harmed. It is so sad it came so late. :(

Who is supposed to monitor convicted sexual predators in Texas? I know he is on probation and is registered as a sexual predator in TX and another state from where he was convicted and served time.

He has been dating a woman with 2 kids for a couple years now, then they split up for a month or so and it is my understanding she has now married the creep. The kids spend the summers with their dad in another state and noticed last summer they acted strange and this summer it was awful. The little boy kept saying he had a secret about *advertiser censored* and could not tell. The girl is very withdrawn. The dad started asking questions and got a name, checked the sexual offenders webite and found the guy. Not wanting to belive it was the same guy (very common name) he printed a pic and left it laying on the table. The boy saw it and as where they got a picture of *advertiser censored*. The girl started therapy today and the boy goes next week.

We are not sure if the mom knew he was a predator or just did not care. The dad has tried to get the kids due to her being unfit but really had no proof until now. He has an emergency custody order trying to be served now. He has contacted the perverts probabtion officer but so far he has not been arrested.

Who monitors these creeps to be sure they stay away from kids? He was convicted and served 5 years for molesting his own 9 year old son in FL. The kids have been molested, to what extent we do not know. I am just upset that he was around them to start with. It is a mess and just breaks my heart. How can we be assured he goes to jail and stays there and how can we get the mom charged as well?

The county where he is a registered sex offender gives you an idea where he resides and where his probation officer is located. Someone should notify the police in that jurisdiction. Maybe the police will surveil the guy and catch him with these children (I assume he is not supposed to have contact with children).

Is the guy living with these children? Maybe a call to Department of Children and Families (or whatever it is called in that state) should be notified. They will surely get the ball rolling if he is molesting these children.

Thanks for the info and thoughts. I feel so bad for the kids too and the dad is so upset. The little girl told her dad that she was scared to call the police because she was afraid he could not come and get her. He is getting ready to be deployed and trying to get it delayed under the circumstances. RSO did register after he got to TX and in the same town he lives now. I think he served 4 years of 5 in FL for charges against his own son. The thing that gets me is he knows he is not supposed to be around kids, but yet he does anyway. I hope he is arrested soon and the mom is prevented from seeing them. From what I understand there have been many men in and out of her home, but this is the first one to harm the kids.

IMO there is no cure for these perverts and they should never be allowed out of jail.

The county where he is a registered sex offender gives you an idea where he resides and where his probation officer is located. Someone should notify the police in that jurisdiction. Maybe the police will surveil the guy and catch him with these children (I assume he is not supposed to have contact with children).

Is the guy living with these children? Maybe a call to Department of Children and Families (or whatever it is called in that state) should be notified. They will surely get the ball rolling if he is molesting these children.

I think the police and the department of corrections have been notified but he has not been picked up yet. I think he did live with them last year and the mom split with him earlier this year, but has just gotten back and married him. The kids go to their dads house the end of May and were supposed to have gone home today I think. The dad found out about this guy and has gotten an emergency order to keep them with him. Of course the mom is calling and wanting to know when they are coming and he was told not to say anything until they can serve her. It is a mess and my heart breaks for the kids and their dad too.

Well DCS/DHS went to visit the mother and she would not let them in or talk to them. So they feel they have done their "job". Not sure if the guy has been arrested or not, but the kids are still with their dad for now. The skanky mom actually "thanked" her ex husband for reminding her she was married to a sexual offender, so she knew when she married him. We tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but she knew. We are all just sick over this whole thing. There is a hearing scheduled soon and we hope the dad gets full custody of the kids. They just started counseling, poor kids. I bet the RSO has left.

Sad what a women will do for a man and not her children. And even if she or the new husband never told the children their dad would not come for them they still might think that, and it could have been true. After all, if this woman married a known sex offender this time how great could her ex husband be? Just as good of a chance he's no winner and the problem lies with the mother and her morals/ethics/boundaries, too.

I don't know what the etiquette on resurrecting old threads are like, but I decided to give the advice I give EVERYONE about inquiring about the activity of registered sex offenders.

1. In general, if you have any questions about anyone listed in the Sex Offender registry, I highly recommend that you call the local law enforcement jurisdiction and talk to the person in charge of sex offender compliance. You do not have to be shy, or worry about rights, and in fact the police WELCOME such calls. You should ask whether the RSO has a family (about 40% off parole have children), the crime they committed, and ask if there is anything in particular to watch for. This will gauge your response to the activity of the RSO. Example: if you know an RSO has no family, then if he has children come to his house for no apparent reason, then you have reason to call.

2. If you suspect any... and I mean ANY... behavior that is inappropriate, you may call the police and report the behavior. Having said that, however, understand that some registered sex offenders may have conditions that different based upon whether they are on probation or parole, or have other conditions that are specific to their particular sentence. But in general, if it doesn't feel right, it's always a good thing to call.

3. If you have a Neighborhood Watch (you don't have one? START one!), always review every RSO in the neighborhood as well as their particular individual status. In fact, invite the RSO to the Watch meeting so they can understand that diligence is utmost in everyone's mind, and that he indeed is being watched. Obviously, don't use threats, be courteous, but you don't have to invite him to your house for coffee as you may others.

4. Regarding RSO's with their own children: Keep in mind that children of RSO's are living a double damning life: One, they have to live with an RSO, and two, because their house is subject to intense monitoring and and potential ostracization, THEY have to endure the same intrusion of privacy as their RSO parent/relative. This is unfortunate, and until the laws catch up with sentencing to prevent minors of RSO's from residing with them, this situation will prevail. It is understanding that you would want to help them in any way possible, perhaps by playing with your own children, but never let your child be alone with their children unless you or a trusted adult are watching them. (NOTE: I will have more on this later).

The bottom line: Such proactive but non-threatening assertiveness toward registered sex offenders in the neighborhood is the best way of preventing future abuse. If the RSO is adhering to his conditions and to the registry compliance rules, then it's in the neighborhood's best interest to maintain the 4 steps above.

If they all had monitors with GPS we would have a lot less missing children! While I was with perverted justice it was up to us if we wanted to notify the RSO's friends.(when we found them on social network sites) I would get hate mail from their wives saying that I didn't know the whole story. If your on the registry the only story is YOU ARE A SEX OFFENDER!

I think it depends on the area. A former neighbor molested his 12 yr old step-daughter over a period of 5 months. He received 90 days in jail, a small fine, plus had to take a couple of classes. One would assume he is a registered sex offender, but I know where he lives, and there is no record.

Well if the mom knew doesn't that make her an accomplice or at least an accessory in some way?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back