GUILTY CA - Dae’von Bailey, 6, beaten to death, Los Angeles, 23 July 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I am so infuriated right now.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...a-dozen-calls-to-la-county-abuse-hotline.html

A 6-year-old boy whose battered body was found on the floor of a South Los Angeles home was the subject of about a dozen calls to L.A. County’s child abuse hotline alleging abuse or neglect, a county official briefed about the case told The Times on Friday.
Dae’von Bailey had injuries over his body that suggested blows or other trauma over an extended period of time, said Lt. Vincent Neglia of the LAPD’s Abused Child Unit. On Friday, neighbors on South 87th Place tried to make sense of what had happened to Dae’von, who they described as a sweet and well-behaved child.

More at link

We have to do something to change the perception that your responsibility and options end at leaving a message on the tipline. We all know the system is overburdened and that these kids fall through the cracks. When nothing happens after you call, call the police, call a reporter, raise hell with the agency. I don't know.... do something.

His mom needs to be prosecuted, too. (As usual :() She was with the stepfather all of Dae'von's life.

The part about him saluting the neighbor just kills me inside, poor little boy.

God these cases break my heart.

The mother is also at fault. She must have known what was going on if she wasn't involved in the abuse. She did nothing until that little boy was dead. It's doubtful that that was the first beating that little boy had. Both of the adults should go to prison for murder. Poor little guy. I wonder if they beat his little sister too? Hopfully she was taken out of the home or did CPS mess up again and leave her there!!!

My heart hurts for this poor little guy! He is an angel in heaven now and will never know pain again. I cannot imagine how confused he had to be wondering the why of it all. He was an innocent child and being abused all of the time.

I hope the little sister is at least gone to relatives. Her mother doesn't deserve to have her. She did not protect her son so I doubt she would protect her daughter.

I am glad that heaven has no boundaries so no overcrowding issues. Heaven is was too populated with innocent little angels gone before their time at the hands of murderers and abusers.

:furious:

GB little Dae'von and may God keep his sister safe.

what kind of adult weasel beats to death a 6 year old boy? I mean how pathetic is this wanna be who takes his adult rage out on a child?

We have to do something to change the perception that your responsibility and options end at leaving a message on the tipline. We all know the system is overburdened and that these kids fall through the cracks. When nothing happens after you call, call the police, call a reporter, raise hell with the agency. I don't know.... do something.
ITA and isn't it sad?

The mother is also at fault. She must have known what was going on if she wasn't involved in the abuse. She did nothing until that little boy was dead. It's doubtful that that was the first beating that little boy had. Both of the adults should go to prison for murder. Poor little guy. I wonder if they beat his little sister too? Hopfully she was taken out of the home or did CPS mess up again and leave her there!!!
My understanding is that she was not living with the boy and the boyfriend. he was caretaking the boy. Not excusing the mother, nor does it change what you said regarding blame, just clarifying the situation.

This man has a violent rape conviction and they still worked out an arrangement for him to care for the boy with social services.

This little angel told the adults in his life he wa being beaten and no one lifted a finger.

Man I saw one weird interview with a relative who said she gave "props" to the murderer for taking the boy in when it wasn't even his. yikes.

Have thye found the guy yet? there has been a massive manhunt on for him and as of this morning they announced any relatives or friends harboring him would be charged with something.

Have thye found the guy yet? there has been a massive manhunt on for him and as of this morning they announced any relatives or friends harboring him would be charged with something.

They are still looking for him. This case renders me speachless. I can't fathom how many people reported the abuse and nothing was done. What really gets me is the thought that it's possible that everytime DFS went to check a report...This probably beat the crap out of the little boy for it.

This case makes me cry. I am so ANGRY! This had a record of violence against children. How the hell did this adorable child get left in his care? And what is up with the doctor that could NOT identify signs of past abuse?

Is there a better picture of Dae'von that we can put up? The one in the article didn't really show all of his face. He is so cute.

Why did soooooo many people let this baby down? Why? He tried so hard.....

Salem

ETA: I emailed the reporter and asked if he had a better picture. If he does, I'll post it.

Dae'von's last days:

Dae'von Bailey's last days

July 30, 2009

Slain boy's last days

April 27: L.A. County child abuse hotline receives a call reporting that Marcas Fisher had injured his ex-girlfriend's son, Dae'von Bailey.

May 13: A social worker visits the household.

May 29: The Department of Children and Family Services closes the case, having decided that the allegation of abuse was not substantiated.

June 3: A call to the child abuse hotline alleges another incident of abuse of Dae'von by Fisher.

June 4: Social workers visit the household again.

June 25: Social workers' last contact with Dae'von: The abuse charge was determined to be unfounded.

July 23: Dae'von's body is found.

Source: Times reporting

Link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-child-death-box30-2009jul30,0,7635618.story

It took 2 weeks for Social Services to make the first visit to Dae'von's home to check out the complaint. The second time, it only took one day. You get two calls in a month - don't you think something might be up??????

Salem

Officials at a clinic that treated Dae'von Bailey six weeks before he was found beaten to death said Friday that their staff had warned social workers he might be an abuse victim, contradicting an account by the Los Angeles County child welfare department about how it dealt with the abuse allegations.

According to the clinic's chief executive, a pediatric nurse practitioner who examined the boy in June told a county social worker that she thought his mother's former boyfriend might be abusing him and questioned whether Dae'von should live with the man, Marcas Fisher.

That account differs from a timeline presented by the Department of Children and Family Services to county officials. The department's report said the medical provider who examined the boy found "there were no signs of physical abuse" and "she had no concerns for Dae'von." The social worker who looked into the allegations labeled the charge of abuse "unfounded" and closed the case. In both April and June, social workers examined allegations that Fisher had abused Dae'von -- and both times decided to leave the boy with him.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-child-death1-2009aug01,0,294363.story?track=rss

It's bad enough that CFS totally dropped the ball here. But to falsify records now to cover it up is just sickening. I hope people lose their jobs over this.

Hundreds attend funeral for 6-year-old boy found beaten to death

12:45 PM | August 1, 2009
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...l-for-6yearold-boy-found-beaten-to-death.html
(snip)
The boy’s death prompted questions about how the county had handled his case. According to Los Angeles police detectives, social workers had approved an agreement between Fisher and the boy’s mother that placed Dae’von in the man’s home. Fisher had been convicted of rape as a teenager and had a criminal record as an adult.

48404397.jpg

Suspect in beating death of 6-year-old boy arrested in Las Vegas [Updated]

Marcas Fisher, a suspect in the beating death of 6-year-old Dae’von Bailey, was arrested this morning and taken into custody without incident in Las Vegas, said Officer Bruce Borihanh of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Fisher, 36, who was the former boyfriend of Dae’von’s mother, has evaded authorities since the child was found dead on July 23 in a South Los Angeles home. A murder warrant had been issued for his arrest.

Suspect in beating death of 6-year-old boy arrested in Las Vegas [Updated]

Marcas Fisher, a suspect in the beating death of 6-year-old Dae’von Bailey, was arrested this morning and taken into custody without incident in Las Vegas, said Officer Bruce Borihanh of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Fisher, 36, who was the former boyfriend of Dae’von’s mother, has evaded authorities since the child was found dead on July 23 in a South Los Angeles home. A murder warrant had been issued for his arrest.

Cannot wait to hear what his story will be. Let me guess:
1.) He fell out of bed.
2.) He fell in the tub.
3.) The devil/drugs/past abuse issues made me do it.
4.) I wasn't there.
5.) He hit me first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77