Documentary Filmakers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

believe09

Reaction score
This thread is for any requests, suggestions, ideas FROM the folks who will be creating a documentary on Mr. Kyle and his quest for his identity.

Sleuthers, please use the other threads for any general discussion etc outside the creation of this film. Let's devote this thread to the needs of those who are creating the movie....

:blowkiss:

Thank you Believe09! My crew and I are excited to be apart of this community now and will check and respond to this thread often. Please leave suggestions, questions, comments etc. The current topic is:

Hello Websleuths.com Community!

I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is James Smith and I am one of the filmmakers who are working on a feature documentary about Benjaman Kyle. I used to work in Hollywood where I first contacted Benjaman while working at a popular daytime talk show. Ever since then I have been in contact with Mr. Kyle and am excited to begin work on a documentary that will raise awareness about Mr. Kyle and also hopefully contribute to his identification. We have been in preproduction planning for about two months now and we will begin shooting initial interviews in August.

We'd like to welcome the Websleuths.com community to help in different ways throughout the process. So please check back often for ways you can help.

First, we'd like to ask for your help naming the documentary. Several names have been tossed around in preproduction meetings, but we thought it would be fun to ask you for help. So, please reply with any names you can think of for the documentary on Mr. Kyle. We look forward to seeing what the community comes up with!

Legal: If we select your name it will become property of the documentary and no compensation will be made for its use.

Welcome JAMESSMITH!

I'm one of the amateur genealogists here, and I am presently working the genealogy of the JOSEPH POWELL line. I have quite a bit of information on this line.
I had to literally go thru several hundred pages of the 1870 census, which I just finished to correct mistakes that is on the web. If this is some interest to you, please let me know. I do have one family that left Kentucky and went to Indiana (so far, from the above line).

As for the naming....

AM I A POWELL?

A MAN WITH AMNESIA, RECOGNIZE HIM?

OR MAN WITH AMNESIA, RECOGNIZE HIM?

A MAN WITHOUT A NAME

'brought over from other thread:'

Welcome JAMESSMITH:

Ideas for name of documentary:
Mr K goes to Georgia.
Real Amnesia, Real Loss.
The Strangest Amnesia Case.
Man Without a Country.
August 31, 2004 Mystery.
The Real Mystery of the Crime:
Appeared from Thin Air.
Mr. Kyle. Mr Powell. Which One is He?
The Mystery Starts Here.
Found. Without A Trace.
One Hot Summer Night.

That's a start.

I think his own words say it best:
"A Real Live Nobody"

Barring that I think his FBI/NCIC classification would be cool as well:
"Living-EUL"

Welcome to WS, James Smith and Crew! This project could prove to be one of your most rewarding challenges. To give BK a chance to reclaim his past and possibly allow the man to find his real place in this world is commendable. Thank you for taking an interest in a man no one really knows including himself. I hope after years of searching for an identity that Mr. Kyle will be able to one day be called by his given name and be surrounded by people who know him, love him, and have missed him. It would be giving the true gift of life back to this man. Memories make us who we are and we rely on the past to dictate our futures. I want his future to reflect his past and give him the peace we all take for granted. Thank you for finding this man's story of interest and picking up the ball to run with it. Godspeed.

I have a few titles for you to consider:

The Unknown Face Of Benjaman Kyle

Identity Theft: Amnesia Steals Man's Past

Benjaman's Piece Of Mind

I like 'A Real Live Nobody' too.

I'd add to it:
"A Real Live Nobody": The mystery of amnesia victims true identity
-or-
"A Real Live Nobody": The search for amnesia victims true identity

I'm very curious about this documentary. Has it been determined how long it will be in length? (I'd like to see a 2 hour documentary if that's possible). Where it might air, if that is possible to share at this time? Will it be on a basic cable station? or one of the main stream channels such as ABC, NBC or CBS?

How will it be segmented? I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with the approach the Dr. Phil show took. There seemed to be so little information about Mr. Kyles memories, and the approach was more, imo, to assist him living with his condition as opposed to assisting in identifying him.

For myself, some of Mr. Kyles memories fascinate me. His earlier memories of the restaurant industry, particularly of Burger Chef and the (forget the name) company that made shake machines. I'd like to see a little bit of research, and information on the companies & restaurants he remembers. Reason being, it might attract former employees who worked for or with those companies/restaurants - thus assisting in his identification.

I'd also like to know more about the police report, what the police did and didn't do. Did they even investigate if there were similiar crimes anywhere in the country to assist in the investigation of the crime against and identity of Mr. Kyle?

JamesSmith,

Thanks and

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

IMHO, there needs to be a 24/7 hour network on those that are missing and UID.. I pray your time here at WS will show you the need we have for such. Maybe you could be the one thats make this come into reality?

Thank you for concentrating on this one case.

Here is a thread at WS relating, never seems to go anywhere :(
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26445&highlight=network

Welcome James. If you think that a live chat would help at any time in getting to know us better please let me know and I will set it up! It may actually help to find out what some of the thought processes were in the beginning of our involvement in this case.

I think his own words say it best:
"A Real Live Nobody"

Barring that I think his FBI/NCIC classification would be cool as well:
"Living-EUL"
A Real live Nobody was used by the Savannah News-Press when they ran the first newspaper article about Benjaman. The newspaper editor chose that title.

Name of the documentary:
We need something that the public would look at and be intrigued by.
I know when I watch 48 Hours Mystery or Dateline or Snapped or The First 48, I look at the title of that show.
Okay, I watch them all anyway. But most people do not.

A Real live Nobody was used by the Savannah News-Press when they ran the first newspaper article about Benjaman. The newspaper editor chose that title.

I wonder if they would mind the title being lifted for a greater purpose? Welcome to WS, Benjaman :blowkiss:

I wonder if they would mind the title being lifted for a greater purpose? Welcome to WS, Benjaman :blowkiss:
----------------------------------------------

Are headlines or titles copyrighted?

----------------------------------------------

Are headlines or titles copyrighted?

I wondered the same thing, especially if it was Mr. Kyle being quoted.
Perhaps the journalist who wrote the article would give permission for it to be used in the title of the documentary, if it is chosen as a title.

Without Memories.

Lost in Amnesia.

Blank Slate.

The Curious Case of Benjaman Kyle. LOL j/k

When Can I Go Home?

Without Memories.

Lost in Amnesia.

Blank Slate.

The Curious Case of Benjaman Kyle. LOL j/k

When Can I Go Home?
======================================

I like the Curious Case of Benjaman Kyle one.

Titles:
Memory: In Shadow
Memories of Shadows.
No Man is an Island.

Amnesia: When it is the Truth.

Lost and Found ad:
Lost: Aug. 31, 2004: any memory of his life.

Amnesia: A Patchwork of the Mind.

Amnesia, Patchwork and Guesswork.

JamesSmith, when can we expect the documentary to air? I don't mind getting on the forum boards and posting about it coming out on air, when it's getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10