NC NC - Ocelia 'Renee' Bridges, 35, Wilkesboro, 14 May 2004

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
When Renee Bridges didn't come home from work in the dark early morning of May 14, extended family members used flashlights to search the steep ravines and thick vegetation along roads near her home.

The continuing investigation by the Wilkes County Sheriff's Office has included an airplane search to try to find Bridges, 35. She hasn't been seen since clocking out of her job around 4 a.m. at Wilkesboro's Tyson Foods complex. So far, there's little to go on.
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/S...SJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031776015473

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401438S

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bridges_renee.html

Renee Oceila Bridges

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: May 14, 2004 from Wilkesboro, North Carolina
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: July 14, 1968
# Age: 35 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'3, 125 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy brown/blonde hair, blue eyes. Bridges's nicknames are Naynay and Booger. Her ears are pierced. She as a Caesarean section scar on her stomach, a surgical scar on the tip of her tail bone, and a scar from gall bladder surgery. Some agencies reverse her first and middle names, as in "Ocelia Renee Bridges."
# Clothing Description: A ring with a pink heart-shaped stone.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060218/NEWS/602180413/1004

The ring is one of the items found Thursday with the skeletal remains of a woman. PLEASE SEE LINK

Published Saturday, February 18, 2006
Items Near Remains Revealed
Sheriff's Office hopes belongings give clues to who the woman was.

By Gabrielle Finley
The Ledger

LAKELAND -- An autopsy and new information released Friday afternoon by the Polk County Sheriff's Office may help identify the skeletal remains of a woman found Thursday morning in Bartow.

Sheriff's investigators are asking for the public's help in identifying the woman.

A Polk County Medical Examiner's Office autopsy, released Friday, said the dead person was a white female, age 18 to 40, 5 feet, 3 inches tall to 5 feet, 8 inches tall, a Sheriff's Office news release said.

Deputies also found several items around the woman's remains: a pair of Mossimo pants, size large; a Tommy Jeans brand clothing tag, size medium; a pair of size 6 white and blue Air Nike brand cross-trainer tennis shoes; a silver linkstyle necklace; a ring with a heart-shaped pink stone; a size 34-B bra; and a silver ring that could be a belly ring, the release said.

Pieces of blue and white fingernails with flower designs were also found near the remains, the release said.

A herbicide worker found the remains, wrapped in a blanket and tarp, in an open field on the north side of State Road 60 East in Bartow about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, the release said.

The remains were found in a field overgrown with wild, tall grass and bushes.

It was not known Friday how long the body was in the field before it was found, said Donna Wood, acting sheriff's spokeswoman.

Meanwhile, investigators continue to search their missing persons' files looking for clues to the woman's identity.

If anyone has any information about this case or the identity of the victim, please call the Polk County Sheriff's Homicide Unit at 863-534-6200.

Tips can also be called into the Heartland Crime Stoppers at 800-226-TIPS (8477).

Gabrielle Finley can be reached at gabrielle.finley@ theledger.com or 863-802-7590.

THERE IS ENOUGH INFORMATION THAT I EMAILED THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE WITH THE POSSIBLE MATCH INFO.

I went to school with this girl. She was found alive in jail (in Tennesee if memory serves me) several months after she went missing. I don't know why she was never taken off the missing website. Apparently she just up and left with her children being left behind with her mother.

It could very well have been a mistake, but it was reported on our local news. I remember it well since I knew her. I certainly hope that she was found alive, and this body is not hers.

I did check the Wilkes County Sheriffs office and she is still listed as missing there also. I plan to make some calls this weekend and see what I can find out.

Sorry for any confusion, and very sad to learn that she may indeed still be missing out there.

I haven't heard anything about the tip I sent in... so I'm guessing it isn't her, or they didn't get the email.... Since most law enforcement agencies don't respond you never really know...

The Doe Network has a page on the Unidentified Jane Doe and the photos of the jewellery and shoes.
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/482uffl.html

The Doe Network has reported that the Jane Doe has been identified - but they aren't saying who she is. I've tried searching and can not find an online news report.

Renee Bridges's profile is still up at the National Center for Missing Adults... so I'm assuming its not Renee... but its still early.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back