OH - Tommie Johnson for attempted murder of baby & 2yo, Dayton, 2009

LCoastMom

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING
Reaction score
Toddler, Baby Found Crying In Trash Can
Ohio Children Reported Missing By Mother

DAYTON, Ohio -- Police in Dayton say a 2-year-old girl and 8-month-old boy have been found crying inside a large trash bin, about 13 hours after their mother reported them missing. She told police her boyfriend fled with them after a fight. (Det's believe he is the biological father of one of the babies!)

Dayton police Chief Richard Biehl said the children were thirsty, hungry and dirty, but appear to be in remarkably good condition.
The children were found in a large plastic trash receptacle outside Felty Electric in Dayton."

The children have been taken to a hospital. According to police, the children were last seen on Sunday night around 7:30 p.m. They were reported missing Sunday night by their mother.

Officers arrested Tommie Lee Johnson Jr. around 9 p.m. Sunday after finding him without the children. Police said Johnson would not tell officers where the children were. They also said he did not indicate that the children were in danger.

Police said Johnson has been arrested several times for domestic violence and has a history of drug abuse.
As he was being taken into jail on Monday morning, he told WHIO-TV, "I was going back for them.
At this time, the children are in the custody of Children's Services and will be placed in foster care.

Is this what we have come to? I had a fight with my SO so I'll just throw the kids away? WTH is wrong with people? And why are they going into Foster Care? Was this whole thing over drugs or something equally illegal?

http://www.wftv.com/news/20190512/detail.html

The article I read said an employee heard crying and found the children in the trash. I am so thankful that they were found before something worse happened to them, not that this wasn't bad enough.

I wonder if they'll go to foster care for a length of time to determine whether the mother is able/capable of caring for them?

From missmybaby's quote:

As he was being taken into jail on Monday morning, he told WHIO-TV, "I was going back for them."

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar :furious: :furious: :furious: :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar :furious: :furious: :furious: :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

I know the mother wasn't the one who put them in a trash can, but she holds some responsibility for not having the balls and fortitude to keep her innocent babies away from someone on drugs who has been arrested many times for violence.

Women of America who stay with abusive men with young children in the house: Grow a backbone.

At least he didn't kill them. I was definitely expecting that they were dead when I opened this thread.

From missmybaby's quote:

As he was being taken into jail on Monday morning, he told WHIO-TV, "I was going back for them."

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar :furious: :furious: :furious: :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar :furious: :furious: :furious: :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

:doh: I can't type what I'm thinking...it's not socially acceptable and the words are very unladylike. What a :loser:

From missmybaby's quote:

I'm glad he didn't make it to get them back. Thank God for the person who did find them.

It's getting more difficult to censor my words about these cases. :mad:

I am going to look at it as 2 more little angels saved from non caring parents. I hope this mother doesn't get them back either because she clearly does not have good judgement.

That so called 'may be' biological dad will not even come close to serving the time he should be serving.

The Amber Alert needs revamping.
The laws regarding child abuse and sex offenders has to be changed. SO's get off far too easy and bleeding heart judges do not throw the book at them.

Every time an elected judge comes up for re-election in my area, I actually call the candidate on the phone and express my concern. Then I make it a point to attend a campaign meeting and ask questions. Then, I follow it up with a letter. I have a group of friends who do the same. Something has to be done.

I know the mother wasn't the one who put them in a trash can, but she holds some responsibility for not having the balls and fortitude to keep her innocent babies away from someone on drugs who has been arrested many times for violence.

Women of America who stay with abusive men with young children in the house: Grow a backbone.

Bold by me. AND be prepared to go to jail for your FAILURE TO PROTECT your children. No man is worth losing your children. AND turning a blind eye makes it YOUR fault.

Salem

(not you eleven - those loser moms)

As usual, my hometown makes me proud. What a waste of oxygen.

This was all over the news this morning. People across town were so worried. Every where I went today people were asking if there was news and praying for a safe outcome. I guess that I need to remind myself of these souls and be proud of my hometown.

But her biggest problem is now in jail. I don't know their circumstances or their home life, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that the lady can't take care of the children just because this happened. Who prepares for such a scenario? If cops and OCS remove kids from the home every time there is a d.v. incident, you run the risk of moms not reporting crimes out of fear that they will lose their children.

But her biggest problem is now in jail. I don't know their circumstances or their home life, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that the lady can't take care of the children just because this happened. Who prepares for such a scenario? If cops and OCS remove kids from the home every time there is a d.v. incident, you run the risk of moms not reporting crimes out of fear that they will lose their children.

I agree that if kids were removed every time, there would be the risk of mom's not reporting crimes. I know that when I've delt with protective services (professionally), if the mom handled the situation appropriately and has an appropriate safety plan in place, they won't remove the children. We were not really given any background information for this case. We don't know if they've been called out a number of times for DV, in which case, if the children have been present every time and mom has done nothing to change the situation, it would be considered "Failure to Protect". I know the article said the boyfriend had been arrested a number of times for DV incidents and has a drug history. In a quick search, I saw he did 6 months in jail for 4th Degree Felony DV back in 2004.

I know women have a very hard time leaving abusive relationships, and sometimes have no clue what their significant others are doing (in regards to drugs and such). I've watched it with friends of mine. But when it comes to the point that your children are in danger, which they are everytime a DV incident occurs, as a parent you have to do something. I know, much easier said than done. However, in my line of work, I have also watched mom's go through DV counseling while their significant other is in prison either for DV or something else, find a new home, get a job, be doing GREAT, and then SEEK OUT the guy when he gets out of prision!!!!

I guess my point is, I can see why the children were taken into care, and I can make an arguement for either side. More or less, it depends on the history and how the mom has handled things historically as well as how she's handleing things now.

there are some women that do and they wind up dead .. getting out of an abusive relationship isnt as easy as people think .. however i agree strongly that she shouldve not gotten into a relationship with someone who does drugs and has been in trouble for domestic abuse and i do think women AND men should always have enough sense to do a backround check on someone they are gonna bring into the home with thier kids ..if they wanna get take that risk as an adult that is thier right but you dont subject your children no matter how much you love the guy

"While Ashonti's biological father stands accused of putting her and her brother in the trash can, Children's Services said Whitehead, 27, has her own problems. "We have issues to discuss including the failure to protect her children," Stevens said.

Case workers are looking into the safety of the home where Whitehead and Johnson lived.

"We also have major concerns about the children's exposure to drug and alcohol abuse," Stevens said.

Whitehead addressed those concerns Monday while speaking to reporters about the argument she had with Johnson on Sunday night. "Beer after beer, six 40s, plus taking my pills on top of that triggered it a bit," Whitehead said...

"That's the mother of my only child," Combs said. "It's devastating for a parent."

"...for a parent...??!" p-LEEEZ, gma*b

And the part mentioned earlier about going back for them..????!!! Please don't get me started this am...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/20211868/detail.html

:parrot:

Actually I love the fact that she was candid about her alcohol and drug abuse to interviewers-better that CPS have the total picture rather than just believing he snatched the kids and ran with them over her unconcious body...(which I know was not the cased.)

Actually, it sounds more like she's making excuses for him. Besides she isn't revealing anything CPS didn't already have a well documented history of. Apparently not someone demonstrating any interest in changing or parenting responsibly :(
:parrot:

Freakin A man! WHy are they goin to faster care? hmm lets see, he's known to be abusive, he takes the kids, she calls police a DAY later. I hope she NEVER gets them back.

I will take them-offer is on the table CPS. What a way to start your life out...:confused::furious:

Not sure if I'm allowed to post rumors, but they are also saying the mom has had 2 older children remover from her home before that are now in foster care. Also, one of the reasons police could not issue an Amber Alert is that the mom couldn't provide photos of the kids. If I can find a link, I'll post it.

She has lost the custody of these two to CPS temporarily, and these are not her first, either - she lost two to CPS in 2005:

Late Tuesday afternoon, Whitehead found out that she will not be getting the children back any time soon. Children's Services was granted temporary custody of them.

Mitchell Combs, the father of one of Whitehead's children, 5-year-old Brianna Combs, told WHIO-TV that he is devastated that this has happened again. Children's Services took his daughter and a half-sister from Whitehead in 2005. "It's hard because little kids can't speak out," said Combs.

http://www.wisn.com/news/20211868/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back