Starting over again - Brainstorm session

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Time for some serious detective work. Let's start over from the beginning and analyze each step of the way. Use our marvelous timeline as needed.

Shall we start with the MySpace entries? Remember, we are going to analyze all that we know each step of the way...so if we start with her MySpace entries, we want to discuss what we know about her brother going to juvie - or not!

Lindsey Time-Line

MAY 29th - Lindsey wrote:
I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen...
Her mood - scared

June 16th (Tues)- Last day of school, around 10:00am.

June 25th (Thu) - Kayla overnight at Lindsey's home.

JUNE 26TH (Friday)- 9:15PM....LAST TIME LINDSEY WAS SEEN - dressed in light blue pull-over hoodie shirt, blue jeans, black slip on shoes.

June 26th (Day hours) - Lindsey swimming with Kayla and group of girls.

8:19pm (Friday evening hours) - Lindsey, Kayla, and group of swimming friends in video store having a good time laughing & joking. Lindsey and Kayla did not rent videos.

8:25pm - Lindsey and Kayla left video store - walked to Lindsey's home to see if another over-night was possible. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes. Mom Baum stated Lindsey left with no clothes or money; left cell phone charging.

8:45pm? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla and brother Josh left for Kayla's home where girls wanted a sleep-over.

Altercation between Lindsey and brother took place behind Shell gas station across and down the street from the Baum home. Bike left behind Shell Gas Station. (not verified by PD)

At some point during walk brother Josh was told to go home by a neighbor friend.

9:00 - 9:15pm - Two girls arrived at mom K's home. Lindsey told by mom K and friend she could not stay the night and needed to leave before dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10 - 9:15 - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until no longer seen.

9:15 - Two different residents saw Lindsey walking on Maple between Fifth and Sixth streets – about halfway between the two homes. According to mom Baum, one of the residents is a co-worker; according to police, one works for the county.

10:00pm - Mom Baum with a a broken down car searched for Lindsey on foot. Mom K was charging her cell phone and couldn't be reached.

10:30pm - Mom Baum joined Mom K and friend in car search for Lindsey.

10:45 - 10:50pm - Mom Baum called police - reported daughter Lindsey missing.

July 3rd - Lindsey's father, Gregory Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National guard, flew into Washington from Tennessee late in evening.

July 18th weekend - Gregory Scott Baum flew back to Tennessee to be with his unit.

JULY 7th - Lindsey's 11th birthday.

Lindsey's MySpace entries prior to her disappearance:

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.
Mood: happ at 2:10 PM Jun 17
Lindsey Baum is bored as hell
Mood: bored at 8:01 PM Jun 8
Lindsey Baum cabt wait to hang with kayla agian
Mood: anxious at 2:13 PM Jun 8
Lindsey Baum i've been getting a lot of nightmares latley and i have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen
Mood: scared at 6:48 AM May 29
Lindsey Baum has joined MySpace!
Mood: good at 4:04 AM May 29

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

Lindsey was getting nightmares. Okay, KageyKaren reminded us that her mom was most likely under a lot of stress...single mom....son getting into trouble....and I know even the stress of knowing the ex got married and there's a new step-mom can be tough to deal with. I wonder if there were plans for Lindsey and her brother to go back east and see her dad before he was deployed, for example? That's stressful.

So, maybe her dreams were an offshoot of knowing there was stress in the household?

Kimster, Kimster, Kimster, Delirously happy and not from heat! Sherrif Scott Richardson just announced on Komo 4 that as we type human cadaver dogs have returned to Mc Clearly and are going house to house!!! He stated lE was going off tips and and call. Lovely work by the way. I'm your side kick to your Nancy Drew notes... keep prayers going as we slueth!

Great idea Kimster! :blowkiss: We have no idea if the nightmares and bad feelings about something happening are related to her disappearance. At this point, there is no way to know for sure.

some characteristics that have been said to describe Lindsey:

Raised her dog, Kadence, from puppyhood
loves her dog - loves animals
loves overnights with friends
loves to read - especially Harry Potter
Twilight fan
has nightmares
anticipates something bad is going to happen
grades dropping - mom thinks it's due to the divorce
missed many school days
afraid of the dark
got along well with her 5th grade teacher
loves to write
social child
had future aspirations - wanted to be a vet or a writer
happy brother is going to juvie
talkative child
drama queen
excited about her birthday on July 7th
parents separated and recently divorced
her mother is a single mom and works
Independent

Added from Coastal - post # 9

she sometimes ran the register at Mom's work ("5 Cents to 5 Bucks" store, Elma)
has long nails
she and her brother argue, and sometimes fight
has a MySpace profile named "disturbed"
seems comfortable with computer/internet
has a cell phone (which she left at home)
attended elementary school in Elma
attended _?_ church occasionally
is a Girl Scout

That's what I can think of off the top of my head - anyone else?

Things I find odd;

Lindsey comes home with friend, and takes a shower.
Does she ask her mom if friend can spend the night?
Does mom say no, so she takes a shower and changes clothes in hopes of spending the night at friends house?
If she was planning on returning within an hour, why shower at that time?
Is she prone to taking a lot of showers throughout the day?

After taking a shower, she, her brother, and her friend, take a broken bike with them to friends house, but it and brother are sent home due to fighting.
Where did this happen? Who sent them home;
or did they decide they didn't want to push the bike and threw it in the bushes, and the bro took off in another direction, b/c, if he was told to walk with his sister, and he went home, why wasn't he sent back to walk with his sister?

Where does mom work? What are her hours?

Why was Lindsey missing school, and her grades dropping. She likes her teacher, so that isn't it. She has plenty of friends so social outcast isn't the reason.
If mom is gone when it's time to go to school, is she not responsible enough to get herself up, dressed, and on her way? I don't believe the divorce was troubling her. They had been seperated for a couple years. and she rarely saw her dad. I simply don't accept that reason for her dropping grades and missing school.
Was JB also missing a lot of school, were his grades also dropping?

How long had they lived at that address?

The nightmares could have been a result of her choice in movies, and books. moo

I read on the doctor website, don't know where it is now, that he observed the town blaming the mom for letting her out walking around that time of evening, but, I wonder if there is more to it than that. I wonder if mom isn't around much and the kids fend for themselves. I don't know this, I'm just asking.

I noticed during the vigil pics from cyber and JvK, thanks so much again, that JB is standing directly in front of his mom when she is talking into the mic.
My observation of this is "Look at Me, Mom" and I wonder what he's thinking.
All the other kids were sitting, paying attention, but he was restless, moving about.
Why? for attention? Didn't want to hear what was being said? Wished he was anywhere else but there?
Mom calls him a wanderer. To me, that says, she often doesn't know where he is or what he's doing.

And back to the shower thing, I find the timing of it an important clue. I'm not quite sure why.
One reason I think it's an important clue is b/c if she did shower with the hope she was going to spend the night with her friend at her friends house, wouldn't she have taken her cellphone. If she expected to come back with her friend in a hour, she might not take it, but would she take the time to shower?

Why was she "happy" her bro was going to juvi? Does she not understand what juvi is? or does she think he deserves it? or does he make her life so miserable that she prefers him in kiddie lock up, than at home? This is a clue, imo.

Yosande, those are great questions! For some reason, LE said they think she disappeared with someone she knew...She was having nightmares...her grades were dropping... What if she was being threatened - or even worse - molested? Is that why she took a shower at that time of day? To feel "clean"?

Great idea Kimster! :blowkiss: We have no idea if the nightmares and bad feelings about something happening are related to her disappearance. At this point, there is no way to know for sure.

Twilight fan
has nightmares
missed many school days
afraid of the dark
loves to write
social child
talkative child
drama queen
Independent

has long nails
is a Girl Scout

It isn't much, is it?

This article is from 2000 and is based on a study by the Washington state attorney general's office. I found it very informative and it might help in building a profile of Lindsey's abductor.

http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20001001killings3.asp

From the statistics this is what I have:

Sexual assault was the primary motivation.

Abductor is known to have committed prior crimes against children, the most common being sexual assaults.

The typical victims in the child abduction-murder cases were white girls, about 11 years old, often described as "normal kids" from middle-class neighborhoods with stable family relationships.

White male, about 27 years old and unmarried.

Probably lives either alone (17 percent) or with their parents (34 percent.)

Probably unemployed, or was employed in unskilled or semiskilled jobs.

Is socially marginal.

Had a legitimate reason to be where Lindsey was.

Probably lives near the abduction site.

Possibly was there for some normal social activity.

Possibly either worked in the area or was there for some other business.

Lindsey was a "victim of opportunity,"

The abduction was most likely a "snatch and grab" confrontation where the abductor saw Lindsey as an available victim and quickly assaulted and subdued her.

Lindsey was not chosen because of some physical characteristic.

Most likely-- the initial contact between Lindsey and her abductor took place within a quarter-mile of the Lindsey’s home. And it’s very possible, the first contact occurred less than 200 feet from Lindsey’s home.

Unfortunately 74 percent -- of the abducted children who were murdered were dead within three hours of their abduction, the study said.

has long nails
is a Girl Scout

It isn't much, is it?

Thanks - it's a lot of information. Hope you don't mind that I added it to the above list of qualities...besides making time-line for organization of my thinking, I like to have a feel for the child involved. If that's a prob. with my adding your info. let me know and I will delete it.. TIA:crazy:

No problem at all! It's smart to put all we know in one place...maybe together it will add up to something that will find her!

Things I find odd;

Lindsey comes home with friend, and takes a shower.
they had been swimming and perhaps mom said take a shower before you change into new clothesDoes she ask her mom if friend can spend the night?
this is what i thought i read, and is why she walked with friend home to friends house
Does mom say no, so she takes a shower and changes clothes in hopes of spending the night at friends house?

If she was planning on returning within an hour, why shower at that time?
Is she prone to taking a lot of showers throughout the day?

After taking a shower, she, her brother, and her friend, take a broken bike with them to friends house, but it and brother are sent home due to fighting.
Where did this happen? Who sent them home; this i would like to know also
or did they decide they didn't want to push the bike and threw it in the bushes, and the bro took off in another direction, b/c, if he was told to walk with his sister, and he went home, why wasn't he sent back to walk with his sister?

Where does mom work? i have heard the 5 cent to 5 dollar store What are her hours?

Why was Lindsey missing school, and her grades dropping. She likes her teacher, so that isn't it. She has plenty of friends so social outcast isn't the reason. this i would like to know also

If mom is gone when it's time to go to school, is she not responsible enough to get herself up, dressed, and on her way? I don't believe the divorce was troubling her. They had been seperated for a couple years. and she rarely saw her dad. I simply don't accept that reason for her dropping grades and missing school.
Was JB also missing a lot of school, were his grades also dropping?

How long had they lived at that address? i ran into someone who lives a couple of doors down and she told me 6 months

The nightmares could have been a result of her choice in movies, and books. moo i would really like to talk more into depth about this date of comment on her myspace
I read on the doctor website, don't know where it is now, that he observed the town blaming the mom for letting her out walking around that time of evening, but, I wonder if there is more to it than that. I wonder if mom isn't around much and the kids fend for themselves. I don't know this, I'm just asking.

I noticed during the vigil pics from cyber and JvK, thanks so much again, that JB is standing directly in front of his mom when she is talking into the mic.
My observation of this is "Look at Me, Mom" and I wonder what he's thinking.
All the other kids were sitting, paying attention, but he was restless, moving about.
Why? for attention? Didn't want to hear what was being said? Wished he was anywhere else but there?
Mom calls him a wanderer. To me, that says, she often doesn't know where he is or what he's doing.

And back to the shower thing, I find the timing of it an important clue. I'm not quite sure why.
One reason I think it's an important clue is b/c if she did shower with the hope she was going to spend the night with her friend at her friends house, wouldn't she have taken her cellphone. If she expected to come back with her friend in a hour, she might not take it, but would she take the time to shower?

Why was she "happy" her bro was going to juvi? Does she not understand what juvi is? or does she think he deserves it? or does he make her life so miserable that she prefers him in kiddie lock up, than at home? This is a clue, imo.

these are great questions that i have also wondered about...i hope you dont mind i put a few answers that i thought could be reasons .....

this is a great thread kimster......thanks for starting it.....: :blowkiss:

I know many adults think that these My Space pages are innocent as many teens wirte wierd stuff age appropriate for a display of teenage angst, fantasy, dreamy romance stuff ect... Lindsey's is however a bit different though. Lindsey's page is disturbing if not for just this one comment, as most 10 uy. olds don't describe themselves with a "Disturbed" label. The first thing that seems to jump out at me from all post above is that Lindsey is an old soul as far as understanding emotions that many 13 yr.olds aren't even able to assimulate. With this in mind and everything Lindsey, I find it odd she chose to put her My Space profile all in red with some heavy quotes icons. I see a angry fearful girl comming out that has shared to the world at least one thing that was bothering her and of course that would be brother as we have discussed. Some may say that Lindsey may have wanted her my space to resemble a teen and I'm only seeing a little bit of this displayed in her writings and that would be her show of music for her age as the bands she referred to are kind of geared to 16 yr.olds and up of course there are exceptions to the rule to be considered. I'v shared that I have a son who recorded on the highest selling albumn of the millineum so I'v been forced to to know the current climate in music. I guess I'm seeing more of a 10 yr. old with deep concerns in life and wanting to fit in with an older crowd. Sometimes I'v wondered if Mother Nature was just about to call on Lindsey creating so many emotions causing mom to refer to her as Drama Queen. One blessing I see for Lindsey was her scout troop as something she could count on to just be a kid. Maybe I'm to close to adolescents that have been in crisis and see things to critically but Lindsey hadn't even become an adolescent yet. I hope the family is staying strong to help LE because the problems in the family before Linsey went missing have increased ten fold obviuosly.

Twilight fan
has nightmares
missed many school days
afraid of the dark
loves to write
social child
had future aspirations - wanted to be a vet or a writer
talkative child
drama queen
Independent

Added from Coastal - post # 9

has long nails
is a Girl Scout

Bolded by me above - are we sure that's where MB works? Is that the same as Tasmanian Dollar Store (or something like that) that MM owns? And has anyone found out if MM's Boyfriend MD (no longer in real estate maybe) is possibly working at this store now? Not saying any of this is the case, just asking if anyone can tell me? And who are MB's co-workers - especially the one that presumably reported seeing LB (a few days after she disappeared?)
Also, if someone reported seeing LB almost immediately, does it seem odd that a possible co-worker of MB came forward days later and reported seeing LB at the same location? Just throwing it out there.

Bolded by me above - are we sure that's where MB works? Is that the same as Tasmanian Dollar Store (or something like that) that MM owns? And has anyone found out if MM's Boyfriend MD (no longer in real estate maybe) is possibly working at this store now? Not saying any of this is the case, just asking if anyone can tell me? And who are MB's co-workers - especially the one that presumably reported seeing LB (a few days after she disappeared?)
Also, if someone reported seeing LB almost immediately, does it seem odd that a possible co-worker of MB came forward days later and reported seeing LB at the same location? Just throwing it out there.

It would be nice to even know if the co-worker was a woman..or a man?

Your question about where MB works keeps ringing in my head, so I'm going to go back and read from the beginning. I'll let you know what I find.

Disturbed is a band, but of course we have no way to know if Lindsey liked them or maybe just thought the screenname was cool. It could speak to more than that, but then again...maybe not. I personally don't read too much into their screennames because of experience with my own kids.

I think we should look more at the content of her myspace page with the relationship references etc. They were definitely geared more towards an older teen. Did Lindsey have a boyfriend? Was there an older male in town she was chasing after? Was there an older male paying attention to her? She appeared to be living beyond her years in wanting a relationship and being in love. Was this from watching shows like Twilight or something in her real life which was going on that we are unaware of yet?

http://www.google.com/search?q=The+...ox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA

SS Thats exactly what I was trying to state in my post as well. "Disturbed" the band are artist endorcers for our guitar strap co. called Eyeland Guitar straps. The members are very nice so don't let looks be a judgement! This band is definately geared towards the teen and under thirty something males. It's kind of one of those bands that girls tend to rock to to impress guys. SS I feel your right that it seems Lindsey may have met someone older that pretended to be her night in shinning armore. One more possibility as school psychologist and educators put alot of stock into teens social sites due to Columbine and other tragedies so I'm sure FBI has gone over everything that pertains to Lindsey all social communications. Lindsey seemed older than her years on My Space instead of "The pretty in Pink" girls who flock to Jona Brothers, and chita girls.

I wish we knew more about her fifth grade teacher. She liked her and girls at that age tend to be chatty with their teachers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back