New Evidence Suggest Neanderthal Man was Killed by a *advertiser censored*-Sapien

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
There are all kinds of theories as to what caused the Neaderthals to go extinct and one of the leading theories is they were killed off by *advertiser censored*-Sapiens.

New evidence found within this neanderthal's skeleton suggests that he was murdered by a *advertiser censored*-sapien using an Atyl-atyl which is basically a spear.

Of course this could have been an isolated event and not evidence of *advertiser censored*-sapiens hunting neanderthal's down. However, given our past and present it seems that we have and always will be a violent animal. We are the only animal that kills others for no reason, we continue to try to come up with better ways to kill eachother and I would not be surprised if our ancestors 50,000 yrs ago did not have the same desire for ownership, control of resources and competition.

http://www.livescience.com/history/090721-neanderthal-murder.html

wow...very interesting article...thank you for sharing gaia...do you have any similar articles?

wow...very interesting article...thank you for sharing gaia...do you have any similar articles?

NOT to hyjack the thread but I LOVE that bill cosby quote lol

Thanks for the read, and I totally agree, and could see that happening, Something i'll look more into for sure!

Oh yeah - lots of them. Is there anything in specific you are interested in?

Here are a few about their extinction and the reasons why:

New Study show competition and not climate lead to Neanderthal extinction BUT that is not to say climate did not play a role. Studies have shown that in certain places the climate did lead to population decreases but scientists are beginning to believe that it was not enough to cause them to go extinct. Their extinction seems to coincide with modern humans expansion across Europe:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081229105039.htm

More about extinction and the exciting news that it is expected the Neanderthal DNA code will be complete sometime this year:
http://www.livescience.com/culture/090716-neanderthal-population.html

Neanderthal tools were pretty sophisticated:
http://www.livescience.com/history/080623-modern-neanderthals.html

Did *advertiser censored*-Sapien and Neanderthal Inter-breed?
http://www.livescience.com/health/061030_neanderthal_hybrid.html

Very interesting gaia227! I love finds like this. Years ago I read the book series Clan of the Cave Bear and I assumed that Neanderthals became extinct due to crossbreeding with *advertiser censored*-Sapiens. Could be a combination of aggression & crossbreeding. I do agree that this is just another reminder of how far we have come and yet we are still the warring violent folks of our ancient past. :(

Thanks so much for sharing this article. :)

I loved the Clan of the Cave Bear series. Ayla was a great character. Jean Auel did TONS of research before writing the books and she is really the first author to bring that part of our pre-history to life and make it relatable. Considering when she wrote it it was pretty revolutionary. People still believed that Neanderthals were just big stupid cavemen who had little mental and emotional capabilities despite evidence to the contrary. They are the only other hominid species besides humans to bury their dead and not only that they adorned the body and buried it with that Neanderthal's posessions like their tools and weapons. Not to mention their massive brains.

What sets *advertiser censored*-sapiens apart from the other hominid species is our ability to learn and to adapt. If look at *advertiser censored*-Erectus who lived for over 1 million yrs and actually co-existed with *advertiser censored*-Sapiens for a short time they evolved their capabilites to a certain extent but then stagnated. They are believed to be the first to use fire, use more complex tools, hunt inn groups taking down animals like the mammoth, they were the first true hunter-gatherers and most importantly walked upright and as a result are believed to be the first species to migrate out of Africa. Eventhough they were truly revolutionary and the first species to be classified under '*advertiser censored*' their inability to conform and adapt further led to their demise. However, there is a possibility *advertiser censored*-sapiens also had a hand in their extinction for the same reasons as with Neanderthals and that theory has been discussed a lot. *advertiser censored*-Erectus also lacked the ability to speak which could have also been a factor in their extinction. From the skeletal remains, most notably, that of Turkana boy it is believed they did have the capabilites to make sounds perhaps similar to those of chimps and other apes.

I was very fortunate to have the opportunity, living to NYC, to go to an exhibit last week called Lucy's Legacy which was all about the famous 3.4 yr old mostly intact skeleton of an Australiopithicus-Afransis and she was actually there. She was discovered in Ethopia and this is the first time she has ever been allowed to leave the vault and actually be displayed. In most natural history museums they will have a replica of Lucy because of her impact on our understanding of human evolution but to see her for real - in the 'flesh' was pretty cool. To look at her skeleton and to think those actual bones were once covered in skin which was covered in fur and those bones actually supported her 3 foot body some 3 million yrs ago is pretty cool. They also had plate B of IDA, the new primate transitional fossil that was just found (or rather the announcement was just made a couple months ago) and she is being touted as the true missing link. Living in a big city can be annoying sometimes but it is nice to be able to be exposed to cool exhibits. They are getting the King Tut exhibit in the spring and that is the first time Tut himself and many of the artifacts found with him are on display.

Anyway, excuse my rambling......:). I am just glad to see some interest considering this whole subject matter can be a bit of a touchy subject sometimes.

Gaia: I absolutely love looking at mummies and tomb artifacts.

Gaia: I absolutely love looking at mummies and tomb artifacts.

So do I. If you ever come to NYC you should go to The Metropolitan Museum of Art. They have a great permanent ancient Egypt exhibit with tons of artifact, mummies, they reconstructed a temple in the atrium using the stones found at the dig site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back