PA PA - Sabrina Kahler, 20, Erie, 24 Jun 2002

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
<modsnip - link no longer works. Currently looking for another active link>

27 July 09

The mother of a northwestern Pennsylvania woman who hasn't been seen since 2002 is asking a judge to declare her legally dead.

Sabrina Kahler, of Erie, was 20 when she disappeared. She was last seen with an acquaintance who's in prison in an unrelated case and hasn't cooperated with investigators.

<modsnip>

Sabrina Mae Kahler – The Charley Project

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - link no longer active>

Published: June 25. 2009 1:15AM

This will most likely be the first year that Sabrina Kahler no longer will be officially considered alive.

Burg has started the process to obtain a death certificate for Kahler, who never returned after leaving her family's house at East Third and Lighthouse streets in Erie the morning of June 24, 2002.

Witnesses last saw her with an acquaintance, David Heck, who is in prison in an unrelated case and has not cooperated with investigators...More...

Bumping for Sabrina. She's been declared deceased but nothing else has been discovered? No other investigative actions taken? It's disappointing that a 20 year old can be missing 19 years now and not a story on Erie news nor advocating for her in her own Facebook group. Where are her loved ones and friends in trying to get her justice? I grew up just over the state line from Erie in Ohio. There are at least three news stations and radio too. There's no excuse for the silence on this case over these years. Thinking of you, Sabrina.

Bumping for Sabrina. She's been declared deceased but nothing else has been discovered? No other investigative actions taken? It's disappointing that a 20 year old can be missing 19 years now and not a story on Erie news nor advocating for her in her own Facebook group. Where are her loved ones and friends in trying to get her justice? I grew up just over the state line from Erie in Ohio. There are at least three news stations and radio too. There's no excuse for the silence on this case over these years. Thinking of you, Sabrina.
Any public info is out in the public. What actions need to be taken? We were just in the news recently and there is a podcast going up soon. The interview was just completed. Missing Persons Podcast.

Any public info is out in the public. What actions need to be taken? We were just in the news recently and there is a podcast going up soon. The interview was just completed. Missing Persons Podcast.

I didn't mean to be disparaging. I feel more easily frustrated about long-term missing, especially in areas near where I live, and meant no disrespect to what action is occurring. Thank you for your response. I will look forward to the podcast.

I didn't mean to be disparaging. I feel more easily frustrated about long-term missing, especially in areas near where I live, and meant no disrespect to what action is occurring. Thank you for your response. I will look forward to the podcast.
I am glad you have that fire/ambition inside your thoughts and feelings. I was off-put at first. I hope I gave a measured response. There are too many long-term missing persons for sure. More needs to be done for sure.

My goodness, I listened finally, and truly wish I'd listened long ago. My heart is full. And I sent the link to my friend who lives in the N. Springfield area to see if he has any insight, can be of help. As I told you, I grew up in Conneaut (OH(, have relatives in Erie, Conneaut Lake, Albion, very familiar with NW PA. That podcast was very informative. My heart goes out to you. When you said all that has been done to search, I said I gotta apologize for my worst expressing why more isn't being done--wow, LOTS has been done by PA so I applaud their efforts. I'm so glad you did that interview. Bri is not forgotten- and you are not alone.

You have a network of missing persons advocates out here. Do that billboard my friend. If that current Erie Detective can help facilitate it, PA state police, whoever, let's get it up for Sabrina. <modsnip>

Stay strong.

I bet she was a really nice person.
I hope her family will have answers soon and that law enforcement will be able to seek the justice she deserves.

According to Namus that image is pretty old
RSBM

My apologies for not checking other sources. I'm guessing the pic is new to CrimeStoppers. Unfortunately, it's not the first time their info hasn't been accurate or current. They still have Rice Twp Jane Doe up - she was ID'd as Lucille Frye in 2018.
Cold Case Victim Laid to Rest | wnep.com
CASE: Media Release #1959, Unidentified Jane Doe, Rice Township, Luzerne County, PA

The good news is, this bumped up Sabrina's thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back