Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme To Be Released From Prison

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

She said it never occurred to her that she could wind up in prison. Asked whether she had any regrets, Fromme said, "No. No, I don't. I feel it was fate." However, she said she thought that her incarceration was "unnecessary" and that she couldn't see herself repeating her offense. :floorlaugh:

Federal inmates serving life are generally paroled after 30 years, unless the parole commission decides to block the release, according to a commission spokesman. Inmates who are paroled remain under supervision until the commission decides to terminate the sentence. :eek:

You've gotta be kidding me!! Well I guess we'll see how this works out. :furious:

What a dumb thing to do!!

Guilt by association. For me, anybody who showed up in that Manson trial courtroom to support him (and the others) can rot away. Yes, I know. Not real forgiving here..at least of that clan.

Guilt by association. For me, anybody who showed up in that Manson trial courtroom to support him (and the others) can rot away. Yes, I know. Not real forgiving here..at least of that clan.

They wouldn't say if she still corresponded with Manson or not. If she is she certainly shouldn't be on the outside.

BTW, I had no idea that a Federal life sentence only meant thirty years! :furious: Truth in sentencing laws need to be pushed hard.

If Barrack Obama wants to get the economy going again then why not allocate money for more prisons? JMO

As far as I can recall Squeaky is still devoted to Manson........one of the few original 'Family'members left.........didnt she try to assassinate the President?????

As far as I can recall Squeaky is still devoted to Manson........one of the few original 'Family'members left.........didnt she try to assassinate the President?????

Ford, IIRC, it didn't impress Jodi Foster.

snip
In the 1978 interview, Fromme called Manson "a once-in-a-lifetime soul. ... He's got more heart and spirit than anyone I've ever met." She said she still corresponded with him. "He's got everything he wants coming from me, 'cause he gave me everything."

She said then she didn't plan to seek a parole hearing: "The parole board does not hold my life in its hands. And I don't want to be too critical, but men tend to think they do. Charlie never thought he did. He never expressed all this desire for power, this desire for acceptance."
snip

She escaped prison in 1987-she twice went after Ford, correct?

Wow....30 years for that. We are a forgiving society.

snip
In the 1978 interview, Fromme called Manson "a once-in-a-lifetime soul. ... He's got more heart and spirit than anyone I've ever met." She said she still corresponded with him. "He's got everything he wants coming from me, 'cause he gave me everything."

She said then she didn't plan to seek a parole hearing: "The parole board does not hold my life in its hands. And I don't want to be too critical, but men tend to think they do. Charlie never thought he did. He never expressed all this desire for power, this desire for acceptance."
snip

She escaped prison in 1987-she twice went after Ford, correct?

Wow....30 years for that. We are a forgiving society.

Life in prison should mean "Life" in prison! :furious:

Mark my words,they are going to regret this. This woman is bad news,she has been waiting all her life for her 15 minutes of fame. All I can say,is that they are making a big mistake.

Mark my words,they are going to regret this. This woman is bad news,she has been waiting all her life for her 15 minutes of fame. All I can say,is that they are making a big mistake.

I agree. This is not a smart thing to do. Whoever she hurts I hope they or their relatives sue the California prison system.

Being a Manson follower isn't enough or shouldn't be enough to keep her in jail for life, but trying to assassinate the President is, at least in my book.

I can see it now, more day passes for John Hinckley...

I agree. This is not a smart thing to do. Whoever she hurts I hope they or their relatives sue the California prison system.
The California prison system has nothing to do with Lynette Fromme. Attempted assassination of the President is a Federal crime. She has always been in federal prisons. The difference about the prison she is currently in, and I believe is of some legitimate concern is that Carswell provides specialized medical and mental health services to female offenders. That's why she is there.

and that she couldn't see herself repeating her offense

That is an odd and disturbing comment -- like if she got pissed off enough she just might have to demand some attention again by shooting (at) someone. Her reasoning is so defensive, childish, and self-serving. I hope she isn't planning on playing off her notoriety but her attitude strikes me as someone that feels she needs to be heard. If she is going to be out, I hope she fades out of sight and does not wag her finger at people like everyone else did something wrong.

Squeaky is IMO a threat to society. LIFE SHOULD MEAN LIFE.

She still follows Charles beliefs. This is pure insanity.

I think she will try to go after another person. What kind of justice is this? Our system is not working to benefit the people, but the criminals.:furious:

Goz

In addition to the article re: her release I believe the prison should also publish the address where she will now live. Everyone living anywhere near her deserves that information. MOO

i dunno i see people that have done far worse than manson and his followers did .and they walk .. not sticking up in no way but im not suprised either .. there are people that kill pregnant women everyday shoot at presidents rape women ect ect they walk .. im really suprised all of these people were held as long as they were, really .

This is a huge mistake. Manson and all of his followers were crazy and dangerous, but IMO Fromme is next only to Manson in what she is capable of. I can see her get an illegal gun and this time loading it and going on a rampage. All for the love of Charlie.

Speaking of Charlie, the 40th anniversary of the murders is August 9. I found this quote by Charlie and strangely it has some truth to it... "I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something" -Charles Manson.

Speaking of Charlie, the 40th anniversary of the murders is August 9. I found this quote by Charlie and strangely it has some truth to it... "I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something" -Charles Manson.

This is going to sound entirely inappropriate but that quote by Manson made me chuckle (softly not a giggle) and shake my head. No disrespect to the victims he and his group left intended. Ever.

Like many here, I'm old enough to have the murders in my memory. Then I read the book Helter Skelter in the 70's. Again in the 80's but not since.

Fromme, herself, always alarmed me. I agree she is a danger to society and she has proven herself to be so too. I see no good in her being released.

OT:
As for Manson, does anyone happen to know exactly what diagnosis (or more than one diagnosis) that he was given for the mental illness(es) he has? I've never looked for that.

Very OT:
Back in the mid 80's I was a college student and a guy in my class had a relative that had corresponded with Manson (it was some kind of masters thesis project IIRC) and this guy brought one of the letters into my Soph Eng class. We all had a look. The handwriting was irregular in size and type, it meandered all over the pages, there were illustrations drawn all over the borders that couldn't be identified, and the slant of the writing was all over the place. As for the content? ~ not one word was cohesive to another and the entire letter was a rant about nothing. Very strange.

He really needs to reevaluate his stance on non-compliance with mental health services IMHO. I wonder if Fromme has been compliant with her services?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back